How to use late registration to your advantage?

Felpss_ii

Felpss_ii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
what is the best strategy for tournaments with and without bounties in terms of when to enter the tournament, when the late registrations are dating or so what is the tournament open?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!🙋‍♀️💞
I think there's not much difference: you just come and play.👍

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is the best strategy for tournaments with and without bounties in terms of when to enter the tournament, when the late registrations are dating or so what is the tournament open?
Mathematically, you can use late registration to your advantage.

I register at the last minute of EVERY MTT I play, and I have ITM% and ROI%s that are higher than the average person playing from the beginning of the tournament.

The reason for this is that the early chip lead is highly overrated and does not correlate nearly as much as generally perceived to higher ROIs.

The highest correlate to ROI is the ability to play short stacked poker during the late stages (since all MTTs inevitably boil down to this dynamic).

This is why training with Hyper Turbo SNGs/small field MTTs, to understand short stacked play is highly valuable. ;)

Learn how to survive with and play a short stack!!!

Once you learn this skill, you can slither into the MTTs last minute, get ITM first, and then make a move for a stack.

Good luck!

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
My opinion approach all mid to high end tourney with the strategy that works for you, everyone plays differently, play the way that you feel comfortable

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that entering a tournament late is a great disadvantage since you lose some hands without seeing them, but if you want to play it, you will have to win chips aggressively, which depending on the tournament is a lot of luck

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
late registration helps in case that players who enter early will get tired faster than you who joined the game later than everyone else

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
With late check-in, a lot of people will already be flying out.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The highest correlate to ROI is the ability to play short stacked poker during the late stages (since all MTTs inevitably boil down to this dynamic).
That's interesting to know.

Any short tips on playing short stacked? Is it the fold/shove game also described in the poker course here at cardschat?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends entirely on what you expect from the tournament if a minimum of ITM is enough for you then you can also go in at the last minute. And then it also depends on what type of tournament you play turbo, hyper or slow. When you go to a tournament last minute, you also have to be able to estimate how long it will take to reach ITM. And you need luck because if you are low stack then you have to choose your hands very carefully and if you are more of a person who plays many hands in a tournament then it will be hard to get close to the ITM. You also need some self-confidence to get into a tournament so late, I don't mean to say that it would be any different if you go to a tournament early, but not everyone feels comfortable when they start a tournament and then have a low stack right at the beginning. I myself also have a few tournaments from the last minute a few years ago played and wasn't dissatisfied either and in a few of them was also on the FT but what works for one doesn't work for the other. Trying to specialize in lowstack can also be very helpful. pokerstars used to have sngs with 180 man and 500 starting chips, I used to always like to play them but they don't exist anymore now. There is now an alternative to Spin&Go, but there are only 3 people there and that is no comparison

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a couple of times in a tournament where late registration is possible up to the 15th stage and noticed that there are fans of registering at the last minute, these are special players who specialize in playing check-all in, I have never done this and prefer to play from the beginning of the tournament, of course, in the initial stage of the tournament, the chip leader does not have a special values, but I don't like to enter a tournament with 1000 chips where the leader's chip has 10,000 chips and an average stack of 3000, so I don't go into such tournaments where registration is very late.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you are late for a tournament, you need to take into account the growth rate of bb and whether it is a regular tournament or with a knockout reward!!! The faster the tournament, the more bb you should have!!! Also, you should take into account that the "push-fold" stage in tournaments with knockouts comes faster than in a similar tournament without knockouts !!!

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea i dont think its worth it to play in the late registration especially if already 60 percent or more of it has passed.The bbs just get too big and you literally have to all in like every second hand.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
that's why I like the Cardschat freerolls, there is no late reg, no rebuy, everyone starts under the same conditions.

My poker experience isn't that great yet, but I feel like I'm more successful with a latereg. I play with shortstack more aggressively, it often ends quickly (then you don't have a lot of time spent) but if successful, there will be a lot of chips that will take you far forward.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to play at the late stage of the tournament, this way you can save time and nerves, but you need to play aggressively, online, and it does not matter if you are not lucky, everything will pay off in the 5th tournament, believe in yourself and your capabilities, give weaklings handicap

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
that's why I like the Cardschat freerolls, there is no late reg, no rebuy, everyone starts under the same conditions.

My poker experience isn't that great yet, but I feel like I'm more successful with a latereg. I play with shortstack more aggressively, it often ends quickly (then you don't have a lot of time spent) but if successful, there will be a lot of chips that will take you far forward.
Sometimes cardchat games in 888 tend to have late reg (accidentally) though ...

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's right to check in late. With a very late registration, you will definitely have to start the game with an all-in.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my case I would recommend you to enter with 60 bb, since this ensures that most of the maniacs left in the first levels, that is in regular tournaments, In case of being KO you have to enter as soon as it starts because there is an opportunity to win a lot of money from maniacal players, if it is turbo you have to enter around 100 bb, In this way you will have a stack that you can handle to make moves, such as bluff cachere, bluffs, among other moves that are necessary to win.

S

Shantri333

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
better late than never.....well that's what she said 🤷🏽

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's simple for me. If the tournament is PKO you must to enter at the beginning, but if is a normal mtt you may wait some minutes also I dont like it

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Acho that entering the late registration puts us in disappointment in relation to others

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's interesting to know.

Any short tips on playing short stacked? Is it the fold/shove game also described in the poker course here at cardschat?

Yes, but also being in tune to the tendencies of your table.

I like to find as many spots as possible where I can take stabs (small stabs) at stealing the blinds and adding to my stack. Ideally, you will be adding chips little by little while you "wait" for your double up hands. :)

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Late registration can be good in bounty tournaments, I usually enter 20 minutes or so before the end. This helps avoid the donkey play at the first of the game.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The big fish will be at the beginning of the tournament, and the chances of me doubling my chips are higher and if I register late these fish have already been caught, so my preference is to enter at the beginning of the tournament. Good fishing everyone.:)(y)