How to start playing a tournament

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to start playing a tournament always start with caution and don't get involved in big pots, at the beginning of the tournament it's safe not to defend the bing blind too often because in the long run you will lose chips.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always try to play in a conscious and calm way, I hope to meet my opponents first, sometimes I was anxious and ended up leaving the tournament early, thanks for your tip

lukaji

lukaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how to start playing a tournament always start with caution and don't get involved in big pots, at the beginning of the tournament it's safe not to defend the bing blind too often because in the long run you will lose chips.

yes but alweys UTG love to all in at the first hand :mad:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Win a big $109 tournament and you are already a star,you will be noticed,you will be talked about,but it is very difficult.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know, hopefully one day I can play a big tournament, for now my bankroll does not allow me to do it

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Passive play. Many great poker masters advise early on to show a tight poker style, based on the fact that at the beginning of the tournament there are a lot of weak players whose actions are unpredictable, but still modern online poker, with its faster and more dynamic game, with a tight style games can leave us far behind. Be very careful when playing the BB: for example, if someone is trying to steal your blinds, you should not defend with his average hand, much less bluff. But in the later stages, when trying to steal, waiting for a good hand, you can cause a lot of trouble to an opponent who is used to your folding to the BB.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go to the tournament tab and look for a tournament. You can adjust buy-in levels to your desired level. Once you found one hit the registered and boom wait for tournament to start simple and easy hahahaha. OK that's a joke.... I like to play slow but if I see loose player I'm going hard at them at any time with big hands. Now let's say I'm playing slow I raise 2.5 only I drag them into pots and chip up as it comes

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first few hands, I would take it rather cautiously, as there are some maniacs on the way. After that, however, you have to be more aggressive and be willing to accept variance (and thus elimination from the tournament).

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

The most important thing is not to rush to collect chips, and the best thing is to wait for the starting hand, then be patient, and play strong hands with caution, especially if it is a slow tournament.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
See as many flops cheaply as possible. Then get a flavour of the table. Go in if possible on any very loose player. Depends on how each table is going.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
All in till you double your starting stack. Then just play JJ+ and maybe AK

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play more hands at the beginning of a tournament than in a later phase, yes, you should be able to let go of the big blinds, but don't let yourself be fooled, play more hands than usual in an earlier phase ... that's my experience with one competition

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Thanks for the advice, friend. I might also add that in most tournaments you should play more aggressively and not be a passive player to achieve the goal you want. After all, this wonderful platform provides a great selection of tournaments, both every day and weekly and monthly tournaments.

So don't be afraid and play openly and you'll win! :D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
At the beggining you must be carefull, patient and trying to read the game and the other players, so that not to leave the game without enjoying it.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to get a lot of chips to try to get to the final table.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am at the beginning of the tournament if there is an opportunity to see a flop cheaply, then I look. The further the tournament goes and the BB grows, the less I use the average card, since it is already time to make large bets.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am at the beginning of the tournament if there is an opportunity to see a flop cheaply, then I look. The further the tournament goes and the BB grows, the less I use the average card, since it is already time to make large bets.

If the table is passive (very few raises), then yes, you can limp all sorts of trashy hands on the preflop ))
And then with cunning moves on the postflop to collect value from the fishes :D

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips

My advise to you is that you learn the basics and derive a strategy when on the tables. taking notes and keeping information on player is key to succeeding, allow your self time to thin in situations where there is not a 98% odds in your favor, slow down your game, be patient, consistency is key

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play carefully at the beginning of the tournament. If i have one of the biggest stacks at the table, I can afford to take drastic action, but I still try to avoid it.
Basically, I calculate the average stack to hit the pay zone and try to get it and keep it to the bubble.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The first levels are very important, I prefer to play with caution

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my mood, and also how others are playing. It can be hectic early on, with all-ins galore, would we fold Aces/Kings when faced with an all-in early? I certainly could not. I agree with the sentiment, to play with caution, be patient, but with that you can find yourself left behind, you are not always going to get those premium hands, and you might not even get paid off. I always try to mix up my ranges early, while the blinds are small, play small ball poker, i'm quite happy to accumulate smaller pots, picking up pots on dry boards.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at start playing tight is right, than you get more chips try to loose up a bit and more aggression