How should I play at a final table?

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Made it to final using tag, switch now that you're there.

. If others are able to bully you, they will, to take you out. First available profitable move, vis a vis, your stack size, take it. Better to go out strong than rolling over, lagging, trying to hang on.

S

strick9customz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there. So I'm not the most experienced with winning at final tables but I'd definitely say that it has alot to do with your stack size and how the villains are playing. You should always be mindful of who the short stacks are and how many bbs they have when making any decisions, if they are in the pot. Then its really hand to hand. I tend to be alot more aggressive when limped into or even opened into when I'm on the CO or Button with pretty much anything, depending on how often my opponents are calling light. If theres alot of limp>light calling to late position raises I'll tone it down on the light 3 bets and wait for better hands. But if the table is playing scared I'll start smashing chips in. Provided I have a decent enough stack to play that way, anyhow. If I'm under 30bbs I look for places to steal without investing much, wait for strong hands in late position that I can disguise and I play my big hands strong from early. But yeah its basically all stack dependent and based on the way action Is going at the table. I haven't won alot of tournaments though so I wouldn't take my advice too seriously.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its alotta of things everything from ICM to shove ranges. etc etc
It's best to learn/play 6 max MTTs to get a better feel for the final table.
Every table will be like a shorthanded final table.
heads up tourneys are also great for practice.
nothing beats experience

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the person is still 2-3 at the final table, the games more aggressively, even with AK can throw an all inn and often bluff

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on position, stack, and the other player at the table. Try and adjust your range according to the other players style

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Start carefully and become more aggresive as the time runs!

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like always in poker there is not one correct way of playing...
There is no use in playing overly aggressive when you are at
a final table with players that love lose calls and have a far bigger
stack than you.

If you are too passive then you will often find your stack being
eaten up by the high blinds.

Most of the times I made it to the top 3 I was trying to wait for
really strong hands, but occasionally steal a pot. If you are able
to create a tight table image then you can successfully steal / bluff
to keep your stack together while waiting for a real monster.

Keep your eyes open for players that are aggressive pre-flop, but
willing to give up a hand when they encounter resistance. These are
the players you can try to steal pots from.

And often the result on the final table depends on luck... :(
If you are dealt crappy cards while others find top pocket pairs
then there is not much you can do to win...

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Your game strategy should not be of the same type. You need to play unpredictably, so that your opponent could not determine your range of cards, but at the same time you must take minimal risks at the final table. Again, it all depends on the size of your stack. If the stack size is small, you have to risk it. I usually play at the final table with special attention and concentration, and I try to go all in on the Premium hands only.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always be aware, everything can happened. Be agresive at the real final (2 or 3 players) only if you are the chipleader.
Peace

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the final, every place is important !!! You must we adapt to the game of your opponents !!! basically your game in the final depends on the number of chips and the aggressiveness of the players at the table !!!

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your chipstack mostly.

If you are short, Play tight and hope that someone busts out before you, beacause this means an enormous Payjump for allmost no effort.

If you are chipleader, be aggressive.
Try to steal Chips.

In a Bounty Tournament: Be extra aggressive in allin situations, Isolate opponents.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I have had the opportunity to play tournaments where I could reach the final table but I have never been able to win them. Maybe it's my way of playing, how would you recommend playing in a final table aggressive or passive?

I play always aggressively, and the final table is no exception, but of course it all depends on the amount of money that is at stake

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
final table

will depend on the amount of chips you have, if you have many chips, playing aggressively in position is the best option if you have a few chips, is better to choose well and go allin direct

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If at the final table your stack is less than 10BB, then the optimal strategy is push / fold. In this situation, you can not allow the blinds to pass through you. With a stack size of 20+ BB, I try to play aggressively.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Attack passive players and be carefull with aggressive players. If you are short -wait for a premium hands.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't be predictable at the final table. Take a closer look at the aggressive players, they give the chips themselves. Just need to wait for the right cards.