How should I play at a final table?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I have had the opportunity to play tournaments where I could reach the final table but I have never been able to win them. Maybe it's my way of playing, how would you recommend playing in a final table aggressive or passive?

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the strategy depends on your amount of chips, the amount of the prize, more when at the final tables I made when I came with many BBs I always bonuses the players with less chips to win the blaids more when I get short I wait for the best hand and the ability to push all the tiles

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most of the times when I have won a tournament I often arrive at the final table with the least chips, my theory is to wait for préniums cards and I go to allin,

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
At the final table play like a Boss.

You own the table and you have nothing to lose.

Play fearlessly:)

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I have had the opportunity to play tournaments where I could reach the final table but I have never been able to win them. Maybe it's my way of playing, how would you recommend playing in a final table aggressive or passive?

If you have reached the final table is that you play well. Do not underestimate yourself and play as throughout the tournament taking into account ICM:)

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a few factors... Is it KO or regular, how big is your stack and how big are payouts differences...

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressive in position and tight when out of position. Make notes on who folds blinds and folds to cbets. Attack them.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Play Tight, Passive, Go with the flow but be cautious, wait for your overly aggressive opponents to knock each other Out, they will do most of the work for you...

Get Head to head practice with games like spin and go three player...

When you play your two cards make sure they're two cards that you're willing/comfortable to go all in with if you're raised or pushed... you may get lucky on an all-in but reduce risk and try to see the flop at least... If you're choosing the right hands then at least 1 in 3 will pay obviously its far better if its 1 in every 2

Mind I've only been on a Final table 6 times and only came first 2 times Online...lol (all this since December2018 and joining CardsChat)

Live small games, every table is a final table and I've lost count how many times I've taken the Jackpot in friendly local games...

Good Luck... I'm learning too but for some reason I've become confident enough to actually offer advice now, wow that Awesome!!

K

kientek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try double for your stack and wait for the good cards than

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your stack-size, position and payout levels. Just go all-in preflop is a really bad advice. It's much more nuanced than that. Consider study some ICM to get the hang of it.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the best part of the tournament, when real poker begins. Big stacks stealing, small stacks waiting for premium hands, and mid stacks doing both of the above. Unfortunately you mostly need good hands to make it to the top. You may need to trap to double up. or push with the best hand to weed out draws, if your short. Good luck.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, a final table should be played conservatively. But the type of game you will have to perform depends, among other factors, on the size of your chip stack.
If you are the player with the most chips on the table, you can apply more action to put pressure on your rivals, and thus be able to take the wells. But you should not abuse this behavior either, as you will often be caught with better streets.
If you have the smallest stack, your game will be based on playing strong hands or also hands with overcards and middle kickers (A-8, for example) and the movements most applied by you in these cases will be: all in / fold.
And if you have an average stack on the table, your game should be as conservative as possible, looking for opportunities to get the most profit with your high hands.
Greetings.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the same way you got there, game does not change just perception forget what your playing for and go for it,sounds like your playing scared when you get there have fun:cool:

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play like you played before. You shouldn't overthink it or shove recklessly becaues you are ITM. Play it smart and you will place high. To win it you need some luck so don't be too disappointed if you unable to take the 1st place.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very conservative and observe what players are doing. play only rank top hands. be patient, don't just shove with any hand. expect to be lucky when you do shove. don't call a donkey big bet or call his all in, fold your top pairs don't gamble they get lucky.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience, how you play each hand solely depends on how the others play. It could be a case where you have to play tight one hand and aggressive in another. Your stack comes into it as well. If you are short stacked, blinds are not your friend so trying to at least double up would be a goal. But if there is an aggressive player biding your time could be an advantage, if you can.
I have found that the final table can be a coin toss. I know in myself that I haven't mastered final table strategy but hopefully I can get more opportunities to better my game play.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think if your short stacked then you should widen your range because you got no choice but to try and make a move to double up as soon as possible. On the other hand, if you have a big chip stack you can pick your spots but still remain aggressive.

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if your short stacked then you should widen your range because you got no choice but to try and make a move to double up as soon as possible. On the other hand, if you have a big chip stack you can pick your spots but still remain aggressive.
This depends on the other stack sizes. You should just widen your range if you are dead last. You have to take into account the odds that come with the payout structure. If you follow ICM you will notice that you actually tighten your range when you have a shorter stack, in general. That is because your value per chip is increased.

C

CitizenDeep

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to play as usual in the tournament, but depending on the size of the stack to press the shorter stacks when you are in position. And of course to develop intuition))

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that the way you play a final table will depend on the amount of chips you have, how aggressive your opponents are, your instinct and other details that you should perceive from your own game, if you can see what those details are. they fail and correct them, you could advance a little more in the final tables, many times in final tables I have many chips and I think I have an excess of confidence and that makes me make mistakes that I should not, other times I'm very patient, that's why I say try to see what you do in your game that causes you to fail

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A nine-player SNG is similar to a final table, but everyone has the same stack size.

In my opinion, similar can be said said in reverse, just factor in ICM/laddering.

Of course there are nuances and subtleties but generally speaking it can be helpful to think about it in this way.

Heads up is a very different game and should be considered/studied independently from final table play.

My two cents anyway...

A

anderson1313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My base is 12BB more is tight agressive

- 12BB i play agressive atack shove midle stacks

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The best strategy for a final table is to start slower. So pay close attention to your moves. Avoid high variance moves so you do not squander your chance at a good prize. Obviously the higher the villain's stack the less pressure you can impose. And so do short stacks, called short stacks. These two are the worst possible targets. Do we need to play aggressively? Yes. But before that, select the best spots. For example, raise more than call. Playing aggressively is a basic requirement to be profitable in poker. That's exactly how you're going to get your opponents back and reach the top 3.