How to play this hand?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really dont understand this whole "you cant fold flop". Uhh, on that flop, id easily muck that AQ with no diamons in hand. I will still stick by what I said the flat call of the 3bey preflop was fine. Your post fkop is what hurt you. Isnt hard to see.

Flatting the raise preflop isn't very good if we know his range is very tight like we have established in the thread. Once we do decide to call, we're not getting many better flops for our hand. Since we're likely giving up if we miss alltogehter and since we really don't get two pair+ or monster draw hands often enough to make flatting profitable with such shallow stacks. So i have no idea why you think calling preflop is fine, but becuase we hit TPDK it's automatically a fold based on the board being wet...

Sure the board contains diamonds, and we have no draw to it, but the odds of someone flopping a flush or actually having a flush draw are not that major. And since we're still ahead of flush draws, i don't see what the problem is with this flop in general. You are correct however that it still crushes the 3betters range, but we knew that preflop, so calling pre is just basically giving him an extra 750 in the hopes of us hitting either a monster draw, a dry TP type board or two pair+. doesn't seem like a good plan to me, especially considering even if we do hit one of those miracle hands we can still be beaten..

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG is the last position you want play hands your 3 bet was fine but when you got raised and then one more caller was there you must think ace queen was behind and should have check fold or check called the turn if someone has a strong draw they will not fold in most situation to any raise

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ is a tricky hand.

I'd probably fold to the 3-bet.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop play was ok but i definitely wouldn't push all in postflop...The thing is that you actualy had a top pair with a great kicker but it wasn't good enough against two players and for a board like that :/

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flatting the raise preflop isn't very good if we know his range is very tight like we have established in the thread. Once we do decide to call, we're not getting many better flops for our hand. Since we're likely giving up if we miss alltogehter and since we really don't get two pair+ or monster draw hands often enough to make flatting profitable with such shallow stacks. So i have no idea why you think calling preflop is fine, but becuase we hit TPDK it's automatically a fold based on the board being wet...

Sure the board contains diamonds, and we have no draw to it, but the odds of someone flopping a flush or actually having a flush draw are not that major. And since we're still ahead of flush draws, i don't see what the problem is with this flop in general. You are correct however that it still crushes the 3betters range, but we knew that preflop, so calling pre is just basically giving him an extra 750 in the hopes of us hitting either a monster draw, a dry TP type board or two pair+. doesn't seem like a good plan to me, especially considering even if we do hit one of those miracle hands we can still be beaten..

Id easily call that 3bet preflop with AQs, has to be suited on intention of hitting a flush draw, or a Q. I wouldnt even want to see an A with that hand unless it came out with a Q. I just dont see how shoving OOP on this flop is good move. We already reached out of our comfort zone calling the 3bet pre-flop OOP. We should be playing our hand passivley because of that not hyper-aggro. I mean call it what you will. I already said he probably should of folded preflop, but if he wanted to call the 3bet that is fine, but have a solid post-flop strategy, not I hit an Ace lets jam. That was where it was terrible. Like what if he checked and villian shoved. Then what do we do? I'd easily fold. Villian would have to really reel me in to get paid off on that hand. I will still stick with, was a risk pre-flop calling the 3bet but wasnt horrible since we had AQs. The post flop where we just insta-jam on an Ace is what is bad. I dont know though, maybe everyone here likes shoving on TPDK, it is hard for me to even commit my whole stack on TPTK.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's my point, the decision happens preflop. You say calling is fine, but then go on to say that he probably should have folded... i don't get it, both can be fine at times, but here i think folding is clearly the best play, we have no room to move postflop so we're playing fit or fold in a spot which is clearly unprofitable to play. I don't have my poker stuff on this computer, but theres no way calling 750 in the hopes of two pair or better, a Q or flush or flush draw can be profitable.

postflop i agree with you, but our decision needs to be made preflop, if A high boards are not good, then i fail to see why we call in the first place. If i called this preflop, i would have to have A9-AK in his range to do so, so i'd be then happy to stack off on this board, if not i simply wouldn't call preflop bc my hand is just worthless against that range, suited or not.

Anyways you are likely to disagree with this, which is fine. Just try and give some thought to the preflop move, that's the most important decision here. It doesn't make sense logically to call here, and i would wager that it doesn't make sense mathematically to call here either. I agree with what you are saying postflop, and i think i would now just check/fold it, but it's a bad decision preflop that lead us here and i think we can avoid losing 750chips here the overwhelming majority of the time and just fold pre.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands