How to play against fish that pay for everything

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should have strong hands and then push or fold strategy. Get the most chips out of them :)

G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had such bad luck against these donks that it pretty much forced me out of online poker. Even at $5/10 cash games you would unbelievably get donks like this, I couldn't believe it myself. These are rich people who play it like bingo because they don't give a ****. You rarely get these type of players in live poker so that is why I am now sticking to that.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that the small connectors threat for the aces,but 7 2, is idiotic.Unfortunately this happens more often than I, and someone else's head don't know what's going on...

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tighten your ranges and play strong hands. When you make a hand punish them. You will either bust them or they will learn to let you alone. Either result works in your favor.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no need for any fancy play just opportunistically increase your bet size for value and value bet, value bet, value bet, lather rinse repeat.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play with them as much as you can and value bet them relentlessly, yes they will suck out on you but over the long term you will win.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Coach against fish... hahaha...

First, if you don't know how to play against a fish you are a fish too.
I think that your opponent is a Loose Passive
Play like Tight Agressive
Choose stronger hands than him
Play in position
Never bluff neither slowplay.

If you have a pair, control the pot and win a little pot
When you have a strong hand, make him puts all his chips on the table.
He ever pays with nothing, so when he becomes agressive, it is a bad signal
REMEMBER bad beats can be happen but you'll win more times.

M

mrpolyglott

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've faced the same problem as the OP, so I'm here. Taking in account all suggestions and pieces of advice given below I can't find one only right answer on my and OP's question, cause there was a bunch of situations where u with AA and flop like 27Q bet a lot on pre flop and your opponent has 27of and takes the pot after having done all in. Wtf?:eek: How could this even be possible, that a sane person with brains would somehow go all in on pre flop with 72of? Give me pls an answer, this puzzle continues tearing my brain apart:confused:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's how I deal with the Donk / Fish Callers:

1) You MUST have a Monster Starting Hand
2) Must Flop the NUTS -----> OVER BET the POT [2.33 x POT]
Okay, but what about the other 99.9% of hands?

cropped-pokerhands-facebook.jpg

bahajan

bahajan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not possible to continuously win monsters, poker is a game of mistakes , and we all remember how lost our hand is AA, but we immediately forget if you win, so it should be the same AA if you look at the statistics that we often win than lose these hands, the losses have to let go and to forget and play on

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would do the same thing I do when bowhunting for deer just be patient, and tighten up play-once the monster come hope fish is betting into you,then let them bluff off there chips to you

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With this ppl I would like play with pairs you know , cards that you know what you gonna win .

M

meancheetah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have aces and lose to 2-7, you may have to rework your strategy and try to read the player more effectively. Sometimes you can dodge a big hand, and keep a chunk of your pot that you could have lost.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but maybe the fish is not fish and is taking advantage of your weakness playing overvalue hands after flop and trying to make you tilt.

Tigerdoom

Tigerdoom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is so difficult not to get baited into their game of show and tell, I will try and hold off until in good position and then pounce. Unfortunately these players are spoiling a lot of games but they will come a cropper eventually as this type of play will not prosper in the long run..good luck.