How to play against fish that pay for everything

L

Lucasmonacoo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lately i`m finding a lot of fish in which 1 have a couple of AA in the hand and he with 7 and 2 and playing in position i raise it increases q play all in and it pays and takes the pot with two pairs still :louco::louco::louco::louco::louco:

how to play against an adversary of these and how to eliminate it ?

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maniacs, unfortunelly the right thing is do what you did. Wait for a good hand, you can go all in first if you feel he will pay you and you are out of position.

If you have position and he raises and raises you can call with a nice range to play against them

Maniacs are not lucrative, they play basically all the hands, 7/2o to AAs

Find the right spot to call him

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They just like to call with anything and everything.:D These types of players can be extremely frustrating to deal with when you are not running well. There are simply going to be times when you are up against this type of player and you can't hit a flop to save your life. It is very important not to get over aggressive here and try to bluff a player who cannot be bluffed.

Diegol

Diegol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let them bluff you some hands they will see you as a weak player and they will try that always against you, then when you have a good hand you took all their chips :D

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let them bluff you some hands they will see you as a weak player and they will try that always against you, then when you have a good hand you took all their chips :D

thats prolly the best i think

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
When I find them, I get happy, make my day! Please send me their players name to join them any time! :D

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maniacs, unfortunelly the right thing is do what you did. Wait for a good hand, you can go all in first if you feel he will pay you and you are out of position.

If you have position and he raises and raises you can call with a nice range to play against them

Maniacs are not lucrative, they play basically all the hands, 7/2o to AAs

Find the right spot to call him

They just like to call with anything and everything.:D These types of players can be extremely frustrating to deal with when you are not running well. There are simply going to be times when you are up against this type of player and you can't hit a flop to save your life. It is very important not to get over aggressive here and try to bluff a player who cannot be bluffed.

Here's how I deal with the Donk / Fish Callers:

1) You MUST have a Monster Starting Hand
2) Must Flop the NUTS -----> OVER BET the POT [2.33 x POT]

Be aware, if you're playing Rock Tight, he/she might be alerted towards you presence in the hand. This works best if you're playing 40-45% hands dealt to you so play cards in Position.

marieemce

marieemce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's how I deal with the Donk / Fish Callers:

1) You MUST have a Monster Starting Hand
2) Must Flop the NUTS -----> OVER BET the POT [2.33 x POT]

Be aware, if you're playing Rock Tight, he/she might be alerted towards you presence in the hand. This works best if you're playing 40-45% hands dealt to you so play cards in Position.

Slowplay when you are nuts is a good way to. Don't you think?

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some players always all-in with 2-3, 2-4....2-7; you can't stop them and they can endless rebuy even if you win one hand from them.
What you can do is only control your chips and risk.

robert_wrath

robert_wrath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplay when you are nuts is a good way to. Don't you think?

Nope, this isn't the time to get creative. These Donks pay out like a Rigged Slot Machine. Get the chips in there & reap all the benefits. He's likely to call every stage of betting unless he misses the board entirely. Make him pay!!!!!!!

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a fish pays, let pays your strong hands

P

plyto777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient when you nothing comes, bluffing is one of the worst strategies.Best strategy game against the fish, which do not fold will be a banal velyubet.

delta50

delta50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you believe your playing the correct hands, correct position ,correct betting patterns etc etc then eventually youll come out on top against a player calling with any 2 cards,sadly you cannot beat variance were your premium hand loses to the fish holding rags.thats poker.take it on the chin when it happens.

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play correctly and with strong hands. Don't slowplay strong hands otherwise u can be knocked out with trash hands like 8Q,75,68,69,9T

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the micros, I never really analyzed the players too much. Ilooked at the VPIP and PFR stats and played very basic ABC poker. I raised my strong hands, folded the weak 1's, Did not try to get it all in unless I was pretty sure I had the nuts. This has worked out for me to the point of being able to take shots at the next level, GL to you

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Be aware, if you're playing Rock Tight, he/she might be alerted towards you presence in the hand. This works best if you're playing 40-45% hands dealt to you so play cards in Position."

I don't know who said this first, but I have to disagree, 40-50 percent of hands?? I am sorry but only a completely "REC" player can come close to playing that many hands. I would go so far as to say that playing that many hands it will be impossible to be a winning player

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I find them, I get happy, make my day! Please send me their players name to join them any time! :D
Too many to name, you'll find these fish on pokerstars in the micro/low limits.

if you believe your playing the correct hands, correct position ,correct betting patterns etc etc then eventually youll come out on top against a player calling with any 2 cards,sadly you cannot beat variance were your premium hand loses to the fish holding rags.thats poker.take it on the chin when it happens.
We all know that our premium hands will hold up more in the long run against any single one hand, but, when you run into 3 or more on one table regularly throughout the fist 3 hours of a micro-tourney, the sight of your premium hands don't give you much hope anymore.
If you play on pokerstars in micro tournaments, you'll understand the frustration.:)

Q

qenfo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to wait for a flop that gives you a 80% or more probabilities to win, then let him bet and gg

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Exactly, as frustrating as it might get sometimes. In the long run those players will only make you money if you just keep on making the correct plays (that sounds obvious but you get what I mean ;) ).

T

Teranu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You only need to be more conservative with your hands. If you know he'll call or re-raise try and play only good hands; also keep in mind before any action that you make that you are susceptible to an all-in from your opponent.

Just wait for good cards and pay him. You might lose some hands, but in the long term you'll see that this is the type of player you want at your table :)

I've seen players with more than 10 consecutive shoves at my tables, trust me, it's just a matter of time until he's out. If he's being aggressive at heads-up you can call with any Ace, any pair, any high suited connectors most of the times.

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advise is as before on similar questions, Once you see what they are playing, I call top and bottom player, the best cards to play are middle pairs, and unsuited connectors. I call this parasite play, eat them from the inside.

Good Luck

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I had a player who called everything and I losted AA 's and J9 he won that hands on a river he had nothing on the flop ....these are bingo players and no bet size can stop them

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
we are not pro players we all need to learn

S

SpeedBump621

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Put me in the group of the above posters who indicate: Play quality starting hands. When they hit bet them hard. When u miss just fold and go back to reading these forums until the next opportunity arrives.

Losing a pre flop shove while holding AA can be frustrating. But you will win most times. Don't let it bother you. As silly as it sounds...pat yourself on the back for making an optimal play. Poker is gambling. If we make enough correct decisions we will definitely, over the long haul, make some $$.