How to play against a swarm of limpers / calling stations ?

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing tight aggressive as many here advocate is worst strategy.
1) you can wait for hours, or until blinds eat you up
2) in 7 way pot you will be busted with your AA easy

It seems that you are not satisfied with any of the suggestions you are getting. People have already given you just about all the possible alternatives, and you had an objection to every single one of them.

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing freerolls is very difficult you will not get anywhere if you do not build a good stack of chips early and use it to your advantage. People limp a lot more hands but not every single hand and this happens less as you get further into the tournament because people see they might be able to cash and play tighter. Not always the case but you're still more likely to continue building your stack against some players that are willing to gamble. Just hope that you have them dominated and you're not up against low suited connectors with ak or aq... those odds are closer to a coin flip then you would like.

Andymac37

Andymac37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm at a table and On the button/cut off position and there is 4 or more limpers and I have a decent hand I will raise a good bit say blinds are 25/50 I will raise to 250 that will usually get rid of the garbage Q9.A8.KT.A2 hands that ppl limp with. If they call then u are in for a fight on for the pot. Depends what stakes though. Play as well it's easier to put players on ranges the higher you go because at micro alot of ppl play with any Ace or King or even queen. Where with better players a big raise will even get rid of small pairs most of the time. But at micro there are players who will go to the death with 66 on a board AKQ 99. With ppl raising.
3 years ago myself included lol

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise your normal amount, and add 1 bb per limper.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp along with your middle hands like 22-99 89s-KQs. 3 Bet your suited aces and 1010+. When you make a set or strong draw start value betting. Just because you 3bet it doesn't mean you have to call a jam or continue past the flop. These players won't survive the first few levels. Put thought into each play you make and you will.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
you will not always find players who increase bets or make plays of that type, you just have to try to make your game, play very sure because if they are playing with a lot of limp: they can not play, they have little experience, they do not have much knowledge, they are new in this, etc I do not know, I think you should apply your knowledge because if you start waiting for them to react or play in a different way you can lose all your chips

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight/aggressive in general, meaning don't try to play bad hands or bluff much. Try to bet larger in spots when you have a good hand and there's a good chance you'll get called.