How patient you are around 10 BB's ?

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very patient, but this basically depends on my opponents and my position.

J

joeyv510

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Runner runner!!!

i swear I don’t know what I get more pissed off at. The referee’s during the Raider Games or the donk that just called my “”Min the Master”
“All you can eat baby”” shove with J , 8 off suit to my A,A ! The Flop comes out and air for both hands except the two diamonds that match his 8 of diamonds. So I don’t wanna see a jack or 8 and keep them black!!! The turn Ace my ace but his diamond!! And I ****ing already ****ing know what the river is gonna be especially when playing ONLINE COMPUTER TEXAS HOLDEM ! Yep ! you guessed it Donkeys Callers ! A river diamond and it wasn’t the Q. I was in the parking lot of the food max waiting for my lady to come out. Lol and wouldn’t you believe it as that beautiful river card hits the pixel felt, Sandra (my girlfriend of 13 years) is walking up and witnessing me cursing out this Donk getting ready to do a “Bo Jackson “ to my I pad!!
I don’t know if it’s my “Eddie Mush” of luck or does anyone else see this happening wayyyyyy to much when playing online! Cause these kinda bad beats never come out this often when playing live poker!!!
Joeyv510 of Oakland

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If im close to ITM in the serious tour I will sure wait and look how fast hands are played, can I run into the money or I need to go all in, I will use my time bank to the last second if there is a chance someone else to go out. If I hit AA KK QQ I will go all in and pray to win :) If Im way ahead from ITM I will wait good starting hand and go all in, there were moments even with 2 BB when I was coming back to the game so close ITM wait, not so close ITM all in with good cards

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still patient but you starting hand requirements change dramatically. KQ is a very good hand to shove with for instance with this amount of blinds really from any position but you wouldn't do this with 60 blinds. So your still patient looking for good hands but good hands for your stack, or you do not need the same stating hands for allin.

Some players play very loose in late position and can open shove any two in late position which can increase your stack if you get a shove through. I still like to have something though as people realise you can shove light and call with mediocre hands themselves.

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So true... Doesn't matter if its a Freeroll or a big tournament, it sll depends on opponents and position for me too.
I am very patient, but this basically depends on my opponents and my position.

X

xrhstos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker and patience go really well together.
I always stick to what I think is a profitable shove, although it always depends on position and stack size.
Even with less than 10 big blinds you still need to play good poker in order to win in the long run.

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Well I guess the question has to do with when you start the shoves and under what circumstances. And that depends on many, many factors for me, like cards, position, itm/bubble, icm, pre flop action, image of other players who took part in the preflop action, my strategy for that exact tournament, even my psychology on that exact day, and the list goes on.

All these factors can lead to situations like shoving with 15 or 20 bb or even waiting until I have like 3 bb because the circumstances were such bad that I couldn't do otherwise.
Generally my plan is to start shoving when I have 10 bb and I'm the first who opens the pot, with hands like KJ+, A8s, A10o, 22+. And getting a bit looser the later my position is, like A5o, K10o, QJo from the button or sometimes any King from sb.
I'm definitely not the guy who shoves 6bb with 45s from anywhere like the op said 3 years ago xD, but that's just me.

For example 10bb and KQo with a loose limper or raiser is a shove for me, but with a solid raiser is a fold. 45s is always fold unless I am the sb against the bb with 2bb left xD.
But again, all depends.

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how fast the blinds are increasing. In a slow and low tournament you are still not in bad shape with 10BB and can afford to be patient for a few more laps. In any turbo or faster structure I am letting her rip with any Ace or pair, but I can still fold the low Ace x and sometimes the baby pairs if someone who is not pressured gets the chips in before me.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not very patient, specially if I already guaranteed some money playing the tournament.

Last time I got tired, waited for a QQ to come, some guy raised, I all in'ed. Lost it to an AKo. I could've at least wait for the flop and see how others would react and act accordingly.

Though patience is a weakness IU got to improve. Not sure exactly how though.

If youre in the blinds with QQ or vs early position raiser I like waiting to see a flop with QQ but otherwise the raise is fine. In the blinds you have to act first anyhow so may as well see a flop before getting chips in.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wait for the hand and play all in/fold.

JLit

JLit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 10 BB, in later positions I would be fairly aggressive based on how many blinds those still to act have left. And of course the action in front of me. But there is no reason with 10BB for you to stick your stack in with any Queen or something like some of these players do.

Be patient and take your shots at steals in middle to late position, mostly in Late position especially with no action in front of you. Otherwise, Tighten up and be smart. Don't become impatient and tempted by that small suited connector that "could" triple you up. In tournaments having chips left is much more important than winning more chips...all about survival and capitalizing in the right moment on your best "poker move/Mathematical" opportunity.

:jd4:

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If youre in the blinds with QQ or vs early position raiser I like waiting to see a flop with QQ but otherwise the raise is fine. In the blinds you have to act first anyhow so may as well see a flop before getting chips in.

Without more info and reasoning for what we 're doing we can't extract any useful thoughts.

For example if you have 15bb, don't you want to shove your pocket queens against an early opener?
Or if you are 150bb, don't you want to 3bet? Are you trying to trap?

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's a push-fold situation. I'm patient usually, but depends on many factors. In hyper turbo games we can push any Ace probably. But sometimes in slow games we can wait for AK or big pair.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been in to some spots last 2 weeks where I shoved where I could have folded and folded where it was clearly a shove. Bit confused.

Most of these situations were after bubble and one of them a final table bubble where I shoved 45s cutoff 6 big blinds and got called by JQo on the SB with same stack size!!! Like I almost ripped the monitor off the table.

When I'm short I follow that push/fold charts from Raise Your Edge.

There's no reason to be impatient, it's just about math and playing the right hands.

When it's close to a bubble I play tighter, when after a bubble looser, and when on a final table even tighter (because survival is worth so much).

Patience is key, but also don't be afraid to gamble if it's a long way from the final table as you're going to have to pick up chips somehow!