How patient you are around 10 BB's ?

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Below the 10 bbs I do not even look at the cards very much (but I do not play with any one), but the positions and the stack of the villagers, always aiming to pull the bbs, and when somebody pay, we have an equity.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play until the last blind :D those days have gone , mmmm 1000k privilege days :) ....

Now at about ten blinds i get crazy , I look forward to the moment I shove , but maybe I should be a little more patient with the cards and spots to shove , yes , yes , that for sure ;)

haha I feel you

I also shove a bit too much with 10 BB left :)

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
push fold chart for the win with 10 blinds or less

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a short stack of 10BB, I prefer the option of fold or push. I try to be patient and stick to a narrow range of hands for pushing.

H

Hideo_gd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
varies according to the structure of the tournament. Turbos, shove almost suited connectors and pairs

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm quite patient with 10 BB and i usually make bets of 2-2,5 BB to steal the blinds.
Of course still have a possibility to shove if someone is 3-betting or wait for other chance to shove with 7BB.

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm quite patient with 10 BB and i usually make bets of 2-2,5 BB to steal the blinds.
Of course still have a possibility to shove if someone is 3-betting or wait for other chance to shove with 7BB.

Raising 2 or 2.5x with 10bbs is a leak. Especially if you're trying to steal since raise/folding 25% of your stack should never happen.

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even the 96s hand has an equity. Much depends on the opponents against the loose ones, I'll throw out the tight push. The problem is that having 10 BB you are threatened with ruin and if you want to have a chance to take the first place, you should take risks

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising 2 or 2.5x with 10bbs is a leak. Especially if you're trying to steal since raise/folding 25% of your stack should never happen.
It's quite successful for me. Of course as always it depends on the table. But if it is a late stage of tournament and opponents play more tight, it works. ;)

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"But here comes reality : the tourney in question was the 888 150GTD Turbo $0.11 buy-in and finishing 9th or 11th was kind indifferent to me. So it took part on my decision."

I think that big part of the answer to your question is here : are you looking for the win ? or just trying to climb rewards' steps ?
I see a lot of people chocked by your 54 suited move... Depends of your opponents of course and the structure of MTT, but imo you can shove it with 10-12 BB, especially if you play between 10 and 30 MTT per day.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been in to some spots last 2 weeks where I shoved where I could have folded and folded where it was clearly a shove. Bit confused.

Most of these situations were after bubble and one of them a final table bubble where I shoved 45s cutoff 6 big blinds and got called by JQo on the SB with same stack size!!! Like I almost ripped the monitor off the table.

10bb or less, not very patient because either way stack of chips will erode if not shove all-in.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in these situations is where something that is called the instinct of the poker player comes to light, you have to be patient and in particular I think you should trust your player instinct rather than wait for a premium hand to push everything.
This is my humble way of thinking.

Gulas

Gulas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not very patient, specially if I already guaranteed some money playing the tournament.

Last time I got tired, waited for a QQ to come, some guy raised, I all in'ed. Lost it to an AKo. I could've at least wait for the flop and see how others would react and act accordingly.

Though patience is a weakness IU got to improve. Not sure exactly how though.

P

PepeTurtle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"But here comes reality : the tourney in question was the 888 150GTD Turbo $0.11 buy-in and finishing 9th or 11th was kind indifferent to me. So it took part on my decision."

I think that big part of the answer to your question is here : are you looking for the win ? or just trying to climb rewards' steps ?
I see a lot of people chocked by your 54 suited move... Depends of your opponents of course and the structure of MTT, but imo you can shove it with 10-12 BB, especially if you play between 10 and 30 MTT per day.

Yep, it surprises me people still thinking is quite an absurd shove 45s 5 big blinds. But I also understand what some are saying about tightening up and wait, like when you have player(s) to your left with a monster stack calling a lot...

I've been checking charts all over and I've seen some important discrepancies in between them. I am still studying it.

Best Regards

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep, it surprises me people still thinking is quite an absurd shove 45s 5 big blinds. But I also understand what some are saying about tightening up and wait, like when you have player(s) to your left with a monster stack calling a lot...

I've been checking charts all over and I've seen some important discrepancies in between them. I am still studying it.

Best Regards
A monster stack calling station is surely problematic, because he may call with hands that can hardly dominate yours (Wicked Aces suited or not, Kings suited or not, even better connectors suited...) but I do appreciate this hand behave well against A10+ , and after all, you better have 45s vs pocket aces than pocket queens... ;)

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, for me the best pocket kings than 45

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not very patient, hopefully you have enough hands on the villans to play their ranges.

Boltun

Boltun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 10th CC I shove almost loboy hand because in the future to sit and wait for good hands there is neither time nor sense)

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shoved qjo after a very deep run, feels a bit loose can't wait to check on Icimizer but it'll be pretty close

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 BB - depends on many reasons.....

1. position
2. other preflop action
3. ITM
4. ICM

The range expands but for example QJs ist not always a shove....

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on position (how many are left to act that could possibly call) and the opponents I am playing. The better the opponents the more I am apt to shove a little lighter than normal since I feel I have less to lose since I can't beat them any other way. The position aspect is important, I will not raise light under the gun unless I am down to 6 or so BB because there are many possibilities of a better hand calling with 8 still to act. Get me to the cutoff with everyone folding in front of me and I will shove suited aces, Ax as long as it is not A6 or A7, and also most K suited hands. At that position, only three hands left to act and much better chance of them all having junk.

Keep in mind if your opponents call light more often than normal then you have to be more patient with your jam.