How often do you play flop on freeroll

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly I play tight aggressive on those freerolls and so far I cant complain . Can't win everytime , cant lose everytime . Like some ... :) Noticed few peeps on those freerolls , who are always busted in first 10 mins , and was thinking to myself that those players wouldnt reach final table even if there were 20 entrants ... LOL

Tight and aggressive is the way ;) GL

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
On begin of tourney I play tight, but if I stay until 10-15 % of players remain, then I play some flops more. Depends on pocket cards and my chip account at that time.

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, on the flop I try to play with pairs from tt to aa, or connected hands like aj,aq,kt,Ka,kj,Kq, these hands I always see the flop depending on the moment of the tournament.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that with a good frequency, of course, at certain moments of the tournament this becomes complicated :hmmmm2:, in relation to aggressiveness, I think it depends more on each opponent

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mid pair and suited connectors I am just shoving early and if you stack up then you can play seriously. If not no biggie.

For example, do you really want to play your heart out for two hours to score a dime. You could go for a healthy walk and look on the ground and find that...>LOL

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my mood. But i do like to see plenty of flops early on, wide range to try to fish out a hand, it can be risky as you will drain chips if you keep chasing and missing. I'll play most flush draws and open enders, top pairs aggressively. I'm quite happy to play away 50% of my stack this way, if it is not successful, i will probably tighten up and wait for that all-in hand.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The big problem with freerolls is that the vast majority of players are recreational, so as they didn't pay anything to enter, they play with any two cards, they will limp in many hands, go all-in with any pair, call any bet. So my strategy is to play at the beginning with only my strong hands and try to double my chips and from the middle of the tournament to the end, I play a little more aggressively, of course if I have enough chips, to try to get to the final table, but it's not easy . Good luck at the tables everyone.:)

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello[emoji3] I think in any game you need to stick to your strategy and adapt to your opponents, then you will win [emoji3]

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not be afraid to place large bets and overbets (Overbet is a bet that is significantly larger than the size of the current pot) - in freerolls, such bets in the eyes of most opponents do not differ from regular bets; don't be like weak players - don't play trash pocket cards, otherwise you will spend a lot of chips just to see the flop and make sure you don't hit it. Inexperienced players, therefore, imperceptibly melt the stack and, having received a strong hand, they, with all their desire, cannot win much; don't try to bluff - in freerolls no one folds with any combination, so instead of bluffing, wait for a strong hand and get your opponent's chips.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play flop during freeroll...

This happens all the time during a freeroll...its a huge bingo game!! players have nothing to lose- so gambling everything to chip up early is a common strategy in a freeroll environment.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of people go all in with any hand and those people are the first ones out.Some get lucky for a while and they'll be in first place for a minute but be patient and wait for your cards and they can put you in first place in an instant.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, players who only play push-fold are just annoying. They just don't let other people play poker.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to see flops when they are cheap or worth the value of the call vs pot size. Generally with any decent pocket pair or suited connectors are almost always a call to see a flop, for me anyways.

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mi hand

it will depend on the cards I have in my hand, if they are low and only high cards come out preflop, there is no reason to play with them.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play to check and flod first set

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
progressive aggressiveness

I was wondering how aggressive you have to be to win freerolls? Sometimes I think some guys always do their best no matter what cards they have

Right, they forget they play poker and because it's a freeroll they don't lose anything.
I only see the flop with decent pocket pair, connected hands: KA, KQ, KJ, KT, QA, QJ or suited connectors.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this is not a turbo tournament, then I go quite often, even with hands below 10, but mostly suited cards

alison

alison

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
almost all but it depends on the cards that come on the flop

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

all....
but always watching the other players actions

rgds

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering how agressive you need to be to win in freerolls, Sometimes i thing that some guys always go all in no matter what cards they have

Basically you're right, some players just go all in no matter what cards they have, freerolls have a minimum of 1000 players each for 12.5bb not including rebuys, if you can't rebuy or addon you need to be patient and wait for a good hand to go all-in;)