How often do you play flop on freeroll

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering how agressive you need to be to win in freerolls, Sometimes i thing that some guys always go all in no matter what cards they have
I think you have to be more patient than anything, you need good cards and good position. Aggression comes when you know what type of players you are against and who you can exploit.
I love people who go in with any two cards, sure they donk you out sometimes, but more often they double you up.
You want to win, I say be patient and learn how to play position.

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a strong hand (top pair or better), then you should bet and try to build the pot. It's hard early on, so you don't need to slowplay - you'll miss a street or two where you can swindle money from your opponent.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Good Luck with freerolls, some advice would be like in any tournament you can't win any tournament at the beginning but you sure can lose it. A level of patience and timed aggression with importance not directly placed on specific cards at times.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on intuition. No Allins go not all and not with any cards. Usually this is a strong hand or an incomplete Flash, straight. There is no one formula. But in the first hour I try to collect as many chips as possible because I am very risque. Then I reduce the risk and reset a lot. I'm starting to look for a good hand to increase the number of chips. I don't risk it unnecessarily. But I don't have enough patience and I do stupid things because I give away a lot of chips. You need to learn to endure, then you will get a lot out.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have enough patience and a tight-aggressive style.

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
if the freeroll is turbo like the majory, I play push or fold. is hardly to play post flop

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess the real question is: how do you play in turbo or super turbo ? cuz there is some freeroll that you can play post flop, but the mostly not

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forget freerolls you should be looking for playing 20% of your flops unless you get on a roll of good hands.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since there are lots of players pushing all-in with no matter what cards, I'll only play the hands that I'm ready to go all-in preflop. :) Except in the very early stakes. In the beginning I try to see flop when I have hands to draw flush or straight or set.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the stack depth, 50 BB deep or more - frequently it goes to the flop.
30 BB about half the time it goes to the flop.
15-20BB - depends on if I'm the openner - I tend to do small open raises fairly wide - sometimes people call; sometimes they jam; often they fold. I'm playing more as a call since many people are so awful post flop.
< 15BB I still do a min raise strategy as an openner. Historically I'd just do push fold though.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
This is tough to answer. Usually a lot of players in a freeroll tournament are very loose and gamble often. So the best way for you would be to be patient and wait for strong hands. I know that it is frustrating when they suck you out or when you do not get good hands. But whenever I tried to gamble too, it ended quickly.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Freerolls must be played with a very cold mind, since players do not risk their own money and play any kind of hands, it is very difficult to calculate the ranges of the hands they play.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It depends on the size of the stack, the tightness of the table and the speed of the blind levels.
Between 40-100bb, I try to watch more flops, especially from a position with worse cards, and if the board is good, it's ok if not than fold.

I'm a little tight between 15-40bb.

Under 15bb is more than allin.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering how agressive you need to be to win in freerolls, Sometimes i thing that some guys always go all in no matter what cards they have

The all-in tactic in the early stages of the tournament involves doubling or even tripling the stack quickly. When this succeeds, the aggressive player begins to lead the table by squeezing the weaker players out of the game with big raises and reraises. If this is not a maniac, then he does not come into play with any cards, most likely these are marginal or speculative, and sometimes very strong hands. This style of play requires a lot of skill and is hardly suitable for beginners. Successfully getting a big stack and not being able to stop in time, you will quickly lose it. Enter the game with decent hands to have a clear picture after the flop. :deal:

X

XsMALsX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually leave the '' All ins'' play first and exit themself quickly. After I play my own game :)

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me I first see the flop if I hit a top pair I raise a bit to filter the players

I

intheline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always good to filter players for free, as they tend to play for the sake of playing and not in the best possible way. Remember that most averages are recreational so I play as hard as possible, and when I own a game I try to go all out.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Early in the tournament I see more flops with speculative hands to extract value and grow by avoiding maniacs.

xaj9x

xaj9x

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi, it all depends on the depth of the stack, and the opponents at the table, if there are a lot of chips, we open wider, not enough already, if the opponents are not aggressive, then we want to play a lot of hands, and vice versa

Moroccanbluff26

Moroccanbluff26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of players go all in freerolls even with stinky hands 🙌 so depends if you wanna play tight or lose.

ale563

ale563

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the freerolls with high cards and all in, since there are many beginner players who play very marginal hands, so since those players do not understand what a 3-bet is, I go all in so that if they call they pay with a decent hand, even so out there they pay with any hand and they get XD

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont understand your question to be honest

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls must be played with a very cold mind, since players do not risk their own money and play any kind of hands, it is very difficult to calculate the ranges of the hands they play