How often do you not finish the tournaments you started?

• Thread starter Mamkin_Pokerist
  • Start date
C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play in the evening so most of my cases i finished before i start playing poker however there's always a chance or circumstances can happen which can interrupt my playing. You will never know what can happen.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you often have such a thing that you have registered for a tournament with some kind of buy-in, and after 20-30 minutes you have urgent business? Even on a day off, or while on vacation, I can't fully devote myself to the game, because there are various tasks that need to be solved. And some time after the start of the tournament, I have to finish it quickly, playing for luck. And accordingly, I always lose, I give my chips to other players:mad:

Yeah I get that too at times. Usually I am more or less caught up fire up 3 MTT's and get an urgent call from a client at some point early in the MTT's.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently read the news that a law was passed in some state, according to which employers and the boss are prohibited from calling their employees outside of working hours. In my opinion, this is simply the best law they could come up with. I wish they would accept such a one from us

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the problem. I register for tourneys and then I have urgent business pop up and you have the dilemma. You can play maybe 2 out of the 5 to six hours required to win. So you try to play too fast and too hard to compensate for the time you will be away and go on auto pilot for the cash out. I lose way more than I win with this method so please don't try. I repeat please DO NOT implement this strategy. It's frustrating. That's just how the cards fall sometime.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I understand you completely and even more so if I have planned a day off in which I want to play a specific tournament, many times something comes up and it is honestly annoying, but hey are things that happen, I sometimes tell my family I have a tournament that I consider important and I want to play it and if something arises they try to make sure that I do not leave my game unless they need me

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This happens very frequently in Venezuela, this is because unfortunately in our country there are many power outages, which means that we cannot finish some tournaments.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This never happens. If I register for a tournament, I will play it and nothing in the world will interfere with me.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No matter how bad things are going for me in a tournament but giving up is not an option for me. But it has also happened to me that I fell asleep during a tournament but then woke up again and then I continued as best I could. But my biggest problem so far was that I lost my internet connection and sometimes I almost couldn't get back into the tournament that was quite annoying. And of course it also happened that unexpectedly important things had to be done. You can regulate everything, but I don't think anyone is prepared for unexpected circumstances. Fortunately, this rarely or never happens

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, I always finish my tournaments, but sometimes when the prize tickets and I am sure that I will get into the prizes, then I just do outside the game and close the tournament.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of times when I've had to leave a freeroll to attend to other things because I didn't realize how long the tournament would take, and a few times the internet failed me. I've dealt with the internet issue by getting a hotspot on my phone. That works wonderfully!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens at times due to some unforeseen matter coming up. But make an effort to avoid it by planning properly.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning a competition in this sport of the mind requires a lot of focus and concentration, however, there is no ball recipe, but some tips can help Winning a poker tournament is always a big thrill . Winning a poker tournament is always a big thrill .Before starting to read the next lines, you need to be fully aware of one thing: "There is no magic formula to nail a poker tournament." I know, it's hard to accept that, but even if the player does everything right, most of the time he won't be the champion. It's called variance and it's one of the beauties of this sport of the mind. However, in the long run, if some tips are followed, the champion's cry can certainly go out of business.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have already answered this question before, but after a short time I have a different answer. It so happened that near my house, newborn puppies were thrown into the trash can. I could not get through and took them to my place. And at the moment it often happens that when I register for a tournament, I expect to play in it, but it happens that at this moment the puppies want to eat and have to be distracted.