How often do you not finish the tournaments you started?

• Thread starter Mamkin_Pokerist
  • Start date
Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you often have such a thing that you have registered for a tournament with some kind of buy-in, and after 20-30 minutes you have urgent business? Even on a day off, or while on vacation, I can't fully devote myself to the game, because there are various tasks that need to be solved. And some time after the start of the tournament, I have to finish it quickly, playing for luck. And accordingly, I always lose, I give my chips to other players:mad:

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I feel you. It mainly happens to me when my internet decides to go on strike. Although I have fallen asleep and wound up just cashing in the fringes of the payout scale. It does suck to miss out on the bigger payouts. My job requires me to be on the road about 4 hours out of the day so I'm sorta restricted to sng's and short trny's like the games here at CC.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically, it always turns out to play the intended games, but there are exceptions when the Internet fails or the health of loved ones. Work does not interfere with the game

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Almost never - I can't honestly think of a single time this has happened although I am sure it might have.

I just do not commit to doing anything unless I have the time to see it fully through. However that applies to anything else I do. If I am supposed to have a gym session, I go and work out. If there is a chance the session would be interrupted, I don't begin one in the first place.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, this does not happen, I have been playing for a long time and I have never had such a thing.
You need to understand that the tournament will go 5-6 hours, and you yourself should know that you have 5-6 free hours, if you do not have this time, then accordingly you do not need to sit down to play in the tournament.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No, this does not happen, I have been playing for a long time and I have never had such a thing.
You need to understand that the tournament will go 5-6 hours, and you yourself should know that you have 5-6 free hours, if you do not have this time, then accordingly you do not need to sit down to play in the tournament.
The thing is, I know I have that time. And these problems arise spontaneously when you don't expect them at all. This happens to most online poker players, it seems to me. But it happens to me quite often

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing is, I know I have that time. And these problems arise spontaneously when you don't expect them at all. This happens to most online poker players, it seems to me. But it happens to me quite often
I understand that unforeseen situations may arise, so I do not answer phone calls and warn those who are at home with me in advance that I will be busy and that I can only be disturbed in the event of a nuclear war.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It happened a few times to me. Tourneys took longer than I've been expected and I just shoved with every hand trying to finish as soon as possible.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are those urgent tasks, that cant be postponed? If its family or friends requesting something from you, you should try to get a better understanding from them, that its ok you set aside some time for poker. But of course this then need to be a reasonable amount compared to the time, you set aside for other tasks.

Another solution is to play games, that can be ended more quickly. Maybe your spouse has more understanding, that you need another 30 minutes to finish some SnGs, than potentially up to 5-6 hours to finish an MTT. Cash games are even more flexible, since you can just sit out the next hand and leave. And even if you like to wait for the big blind to come around to you, this rarely takes more than 10 minutes at most.

K

Knockofff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play cash however if I'm going to play a tournament its going to be a freezeout

S

sheldon20264

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I eat almost all of my tournaments to finish, but there are some good reasons why I have to urgently leave the tournament, but in most cases I eat as quickly as possible to solve all my problems and return to the tournament

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are those urgent tasks, that cant be postponed? If its family or friends requesting something from you, you should try to get a better understanding from them, that its ok you set aside some time for poker. But of course this then need to be a reasonable amount compared to the time, you set aside for other tasks.

Another solution is to play games, that can be ended more quickly. Maybe your spouse has more understanding, that you need another 30 minutes to finish some SnGs, than potentially up to 5-6 hours to finish an MTT. Cash games are even more flexible, since you can just sit out the next hand and leave. And even if you like to wait for the big blind to come around to you, this rarely takes more than 10 minutes at most.
Most often it's a job. Even on weekends. Not a very successful area in the profession, for playing poker. I understand that in such a situation it is better to give preference to cash games, but I am attracted to tournaments. And I register in them with the hope that no one will bother

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I finish all the tournaments that I start, but it happens that I have to interrupt for urgent matters and it's hard to foresee this.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: Then why are you registering for the tournament? And why do you work in poker? Play for luck? I don't think this is a good way to achieve great success in poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally if I dont have the time to play until the end I wont start. I have had to drop out of game when something happened. IE a pipe bust in the house of kid hurt in sports or getting sick. Oddly I have missed a few in the last few months due to losing the power..

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I would chance to say 90%. Pretty good, huh? LOL.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Question: Then why are you registering for the tournament? And why do you work in poker? Play for luck? I don't think this is a good way to achieve great success in poker.
Because I like it and it brings pleasure. As long as I am not disturbed, I am distracted from this damn job and dream that one day I will quit and earn poker:D

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because I like it and it brings pleasure. As long as I am not disturbed, I am distracted from this damn job and dream that one day I will quit and earn poker:D

The time limit is the reason I quit tournaments. Now I only play cache. I am not limited in time, and it brings me the best profit.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens sometimes . if i have to go to somewhere because i have stuff to do . and sometimes also because i am too tired and prefer sleeping lol . or just fall asleep

i think when you plan to play a tournament you it is clever to calculate well if you really will be playing it or not , and be aware that you might play many hours etc. .

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Regarding these "problems" that certain players have, I don't understand the following: why don't they enter the site out ?! It doesn't seem fair to me to the other players at the table for you to give all in on any hand just to get out of the game, it seems to me that you favor someone by doubling their chips ....

cristinaragland56

cristinaragland56

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play to the last. Remember that as a child I often did not finish what I started. Even i think that I have already lost, I still play further ... unless it’s just an increase in rates

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

how can I not finish like that? If you mean to fall asleep during the tournament it happened to, otherwise I have no other reason to stop the tournament

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most often it's a job. Even on weekends. Not a very successful area in the profession, for playing poker. I understand that in such a situation it is better to give preference to cash games, but I am attracted to tournaments. And I register in them with the hope that no one will bother

If its part of your job, that you always need to be available with short notice, then you really should consider giving up on MTTs. If you prefer tournaments over cash games, then maybe play SnGs. They are still tournaments, and presumably your employer can at least give you an hours notice or so? And even if you have to sit out from a SnG, then at least it does not happen at a time, where you have made a deep run in an MTT, so that you are effectively playing for way more than the original buyin.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Do you often have such a thing that you have registered for a tournament with some kind of buy-in, and after 20-30 minutes you have urgent business? Even on a day off, or while on vacation, I can't fully devote myself to the game, because there are various tasks that need to be solved. And some time after the start of the tournament, I have to finish it quickly, playing for luck. And accordingly, I always lose, I give my chips to other players:mad:

You cant "not finish" tournaments where you registered and which have already started btw :rolleyes:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play them all to the end unless something urgent pops up.