Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi All,

One site i Play on has adjusted there games and actually may favor my playing them. Over the last 20 months I have spent more time on study than play. As on 10/16/23 I will actually be able to play they way I used to but I want to see something. I know I can pump out 100 tournaments easy if the schedule is this way daily in a couple of month. Maybe even 200+ by years end. The reason I like this is they are all same buy in and turbos. I know 100 is way to low but can give me a base to start to look at but just wonder how many of this game should I play to get an idea of my ROI at this time. I do know turbos will be higher variance but again I am just looking for a base. I know what type of player I was years ago but again just trying to find a base. My game has changed and hopefully advanced a lot over the last 20 months. Ideally 2K of game would be solid but i do want to limit myself to these games in the short run to get a better Idea of where I am at the moment.

So how many would be a good base starting point in your opinions? Shout out to @fundiver199. Your one person I value there opinion and really hope you wont mind giving me your on this one. Thanks to all who respond.

Ken

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With those months of study, I don't think you'll have problems returning to the tables as long as you haven't lost the touch you had or the aggressiveness of your game, I would especially recommend NL5, or a low tournament ($10-$30 per ticket) of course there are always “the cardschat freerolls” so you can see how the players have also changed, their tactics, the variances and so you can support us with your bad beats that you will have (let's hope not!) Of the number of games I think you can handle that as many as you feel comfortable playing with.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As you already said, you need 1.000`s of tournaments to get close to your true long term ROI. It depends on the field size though. As I have said many times, this free tool is usefull in getting an idea about, what sort of variance to expect.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Learning how to calculate odds in poker takes a lot of time, practice, and an understanding of basic mathematical principles.Probability calculations in poker are quite complex, especially in situations with many unknown factors.I think 200 tournaments are enough.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As you already said, you need 1.000`s of tournaments to get close to your true long term ROI. It depends on the field size though. As I have said many times, this free tool is usefull in getting an idea about, what sort of variance to expect.

My hero. For the life of me I could not recall the name of the program and could not find it when looking around for it or old post. Just not having the keywork can kill the searches. Thats part of the reason I shouted out to you. Knew you would have the answer and/or put me onto the right track. This is not saved in favorites of both PC. Thank you, my friend. I am grateful for the help.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It seems to me that depending on what tournaments are expensive or not, it also matters