How many times a month in tournaments you get to the final table?

J

jaggafrig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will typically make it there 2 a month depending on how much I am playing and how long I have to play

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get to final tables about 10 a month. Mainly on freerolls only so no big money to speak of. But I'm hoping to turn freeroll money into some bigger amount. Mainly I just remember to have fun while I'm trying.

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have made it to three final tables in the past two weeks. All in freerolls but you have to start somewhere.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm on a hot streak, I've gotten to the final table in four out of the past 5 tournaments.

Usually I would say I can get to the final table about once out of every 4-5 games I am able to make it ITM depending on the number of entrants.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on luck

It all depends on luck, I happen to fall for 3-4 times for the final table, or it happens for a month I get only 1-2 times. I can not understand what luck depends on in online poker. Happens in one day luck in all poker rooms, and it happens for weeks on end not luck in all poker rooms. In live poker, it's completely different, much easier.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dimon4ik89 from ucaci in poker a little that depends.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on how many times you play,how many are in the tournament and what site it is on.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not remember when I was last at the final table. Exactly not this year, most likely in 2017 in freerolls and many years ago in the tournament for real money. Thanks for the question it was nice to dig in the memory.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This really depends on how often I am playing. On an heavy playing week/month when I am playing heavily I would say I make 1 final table every week. This is playing about 6 tourneys per day on the week days and close to 10 tourneys on the weekend. These weeks usually drain me though and I have to take a breather.

Lately I've been playing more along the lines of 5 tourneys per week. Its a lot less stress on the mind.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in my case it can vary, there are months when I can do 3 or more final tables, there are other months that I only achieve ITM and no final table, of each tournament you learn something that serves to try to maintain continuity and try to achieve the highest number of final tables possible

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Masik, very good your question, I never keep track of how many final tables I get in a month. , but in September I did very well in americas cardroom, did 6 or 7 final tables during the month, not because ACR but I do very well, is my favorite poker room.
g.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's very difficult to get to the final table I've come but it's often not a time of two months I can not

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How often do I get to the final table?

I keep looking for the final table. I have not been as fortunate as some that I see. The final table is a goal I have had for some time now. Good luck and good question!
Gader

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments I didn’t hit, I only hit the sit-and-go on the final table, ten tickets were given from the poker school for 0.50 cents on the sit-and-go.

A

alvinw

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This depends on the amount of volume you're putting in. but 5% should be a good solid rate I think.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5-10 times in a month in the freerolls cardschat

kokoalexkoko

kokoalexkoko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can get 10 times and can get zero times among a month. Luck in poker very important thing too.

P

PokerDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I aim to either get knocked out early or make the FT. You want #1 or as close to or nothing.

So far, in live tourneys I'm at 3/7 in the money. (2 wins)

Online, depends on the field. but by playing ABC it's actually not that hard.

I find it's more a mental game than a strategic one.

Most of the time, I donk my stack away rather than actually get beat...

Jammen

Jammen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I remember hearing Phil Helmuth say or maybe in a book that even the best players will only make a final table in about 5% of the tourneys they enter not including series like the wsop where you have a gagillion entries. It's probably even less than that. As for me playing freerolls and very small stakes, if I play consistently over the month I probably average 1-2 FT's. There are people in the freerolls I do play that make about 10 FT's a month every month. impressive. Their leaderboard stats are crazy! averaging $15- $20 a month.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think realistic expectation is to make the FT around 5% of the time and ITM around 20%. Of course trading + 1% FT for -2 to -3% ITM is probably a very good trade.

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how many tournaments played during the month and the number of players involved. In major tournaments (5000 people) final table I has not got. In the SNG it happened. Last month had two final tables, though I want to record in a major tournament! I'm going with this ...

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For example I rarely it happens that 1 time in 3 months, I get to the final table. How often do you do it?:eek:
I think it All depends on how many tournaments you play on a month if we talk about CC tourneys I'll say that 2 or 3 on s month if we talk about all tournaments I'll say 7-10

W

willow632

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it All depends on how many tournaments you play on a month if we talk about CC tourneys I'll say that 2 or 3 on s month if we talk about all tournaments I'll say 7-10
For me depends on Tourney size , and prize . Sit and go , I make more final tables , then I do in Tourney's ,, approx. 7/10 , that I play.