How many big blinds before committing your tournament with a pair?

J

J0k3rWright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say with pairs lower than Jack's, more than 15bb because your stack size is big enough to get players to fold their KQ ect. But pocket Jack's to Aces a good time to go all in is 10bb. Small enough stack to get callers to enable you the chance to build a big stack.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 15BBs is a bit deep, I would lean more towards TT allin with 10BBs if you are UTG or UTG +1.

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a pair smaller then JJ i go allin with 10-15 BB left.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.I think that it is not blind.you just need the pot to be at least 3 times larger than the opponent's,then you can take a risk with a pair of nines.

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I like to go by how many rounds can I still sit through before I am completely eaten up rather than thinking in terms of just Big Blinds. Same reasoning but the Symbol for that is M. M is just the big blind plus the small blind plus all the antes in the middle for each hand. When I get down to about 5M I feel like about any pair will do even in early position but I like to be in a better position when I make my move if possible. That way it allows me to see if anyone is getting involved before me, and I have a better chance of isolating.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it depends on the things like bubble and payout structure but generally you're right on the money with the 15bb, that's my opinion and my way of playing them. Depending on maybe some wilder players at the table you can do something else with it but you wouldn't be wrong with shipping it pre-flop.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, it also depends on who's shoving you. If the button shoves you, then you're better off than if someone opens big under the gun.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is how many big bonds that are left before I have to commit

I think in tournament action how many big bonds am I committed to before I shove. a lot of the answers are depend on what stage of tournament I am in whether I'm on the bubble or not and if opponents I'm playing against play a key factor in this.I think my role is between 15 and 20 blinds I do not want to be down lower cuz them people will call with any and everything and normally they will hit with nearly everything that they play so I think around 15 to 20 bucks you have to have enough strength that they can't just really nearly call or just about anything so I think that's how I would approach it I know some people are different but that's how I would approach it.

Kenad_MNE

Kenad_MNE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
from 10 to 20, also depends on the position and how aggressive players are and how often they tend to call

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say it totally depends on position and stage of tournament. Those variables will affect your move, and about the amount of BB, I'd say 10 or above is ok.