How Long Do You Take to Make Your Decisions? (Online)

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go by Fastone2... As a result, I go really fast.... I can better read a player that way, by his reactions.....

smerald

smerald

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play pretty quickly having a decent idea of what I'd do ahead of time should they make the play they do. When I'm put in an unexpected situation I tend to take my time. Also when I can't quite decide the pot sizing. But I always wonder what effect the time to make the decision has on the opponents thought process. Anyone have a good read on this?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take almost all the tournaments or cash games decisions very quickly, why should I think long if the cards are in front of you and such combination or passes or not, sometimes I can think 5-10 seconds

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make my decisions very quickly. Almost to a fault. I'm in the process of forcing myself to analyze things twice so I'm not rushing things without enough time to think. Also, I'm trying to make my decision time appear random and not consistent so I do not give off any timing tells or info.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Infinite

I like to play according to how my opponents are playing in a table like style. And then I try to stand out, and be "The One," like in Matrix.:D;)

Samsonate

Samsonate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My descision is taken instantly, but i try to take me a few seconds every time, just to be less readable for my opponent

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually very quickly. But not every hand.

Mini1380

Mini1380

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to stick with my gut choice if I think there is something up and should fold a really good hand. I usually do. It's not always the right choice by I feel a good fold is better than a bad bet

C

celo945

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Between 10-15 seconds, it depends on the type of hand and what type of strategy to apply

dominiq

dominiq

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually few seconds, but sometimes on big pots I have to think if the opponent have a good card or is only bluffing me.

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in a hurry, think long do not like. Already when the cards are dealt, I decide I will raise, call or fold. Therefore, when when it comes to me I know the solution. What I wanted to add. I was enraged players, who think very long and decide at the end of the allotted time. What is this show? In live poker it is clear, players see each other, study the behavior, facial expressions. And online slow makes no sense!

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually under a second.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a bad habit of reacting too quickly before thinking it out. Usually 5 sec at most

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course you need to do it as fast as you can. If this is a hard decision, you can activate a time bank. But you must understand, that you can,t think about that even for few minutes.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first decision is usually the correct one
but snap calling usually doesnt work

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
time

:)i would say it depends on how far you are ...if you would be 10 place and the final table would be 1 place away you would take more time i think

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take my reading after the first second, but I take the time to play and hit the lock, about 10 seconds to 15 seconds

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make a quick decision.Sometimes this is a problem

CowboyStomp

CowboyStomp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i make quick decisions but I don't always click right away.

Sometimes I click quickly when I flop the nuts also.

The key is to mix it up.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play quickly and usually right or wrong thats the way I always play.

Last edited:

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't take much time to make decisions online. There are moments in the game where I have to use my time bank because I am trying to piece together my opponents hand range.