roberto_overloaded

roberto_overloaded

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess...

maybe more then 65% , if you see the flop.

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played thousands of hands and I know I'm not an expert but I have to agree I feel I can make correct plays and have seen enough to evaluate and make an educated decision. Maybe I'm coming at it wrong but the whole time you are basing all you decisions off of player history. You keep track of how many time this player has folded or shoved or check raised. From that info you have an idea of what that player is holding. Super tight player who all the sudden starts betting big after folding 20 hands probably has the better hand. From that info you determine your outs and how much you want to spend chasing.

gohan2015

gohan2015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played thousands of hands and I know I'm not an expert but I have to agree I feel I can make correct plays and have seen enough to evaluate and make an educated decision. Maybe I'm coming at it wrong but the whole time you are basing all you decisions off of player history. You keep track of how many time this player has folded or shoved or check raised. From that info you have an idea of what that player is holding. Super tight player who all the sudden starts betting big after folding 20 hands probably has the better hand. From that info you determine your outs and how much you want to spend chasing.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker math is simple and easy to understand it is important but would be like saying you are required to be able to jog, most people can easily do it

V

Vorban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can be a wining player with very little math but, maximising profits and minimizing losses requires understanding of EV...the better the understanding of EV the better the player you will be and the more money you will make.

P

pkrkidd12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker math is very important if you like to play the odds. my game comes more on feeling than anything if im ahead in the hand most the time i know it and will call if i think im ahead..... i find myself losing on the river alot...... but thats just poker in the long run i should win money

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That made me think of Sklansky.He is a master of poker math.He can tell you winning odds any time you ask hime when he is playing and meeting different situation.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are saying to watch the player and if you are ahead you know. While that can be true, what if you are behind in the hand and you know it?
You have nothing but a draw to the nut flush on the flop and the pot is $1,000 and villian bets $500, do you have the odds to make the call?
This is when you need the math, you need to call $500 into a $1500 pot you are getting 3 to 1 odds which means you need to be good 25% of the time to make a positive EV call. Luckily you got about a 35-40% chance of getting your flush so it is right to call. Now I am new to poker and poker math myself so if anyone sees anyone flaws in my post, please let me know :)

T

twohaha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker math is definately useful for those extremely close decisions. However, I think you only need an intuitive understanding of the math in poker. Hand randing skills are far more important, and the better you are at hand reading, the easier your decisions become. In other words, you will, by your intuitive understanding of poker math, make the best decision. Without being able to place an accurate range on your opponent, your math will be off, while if your range is accurate at first, your "flawed" math will only have a little bit of error.