How to get to the final table?

P

Pessoa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been on a final table scored in a unlucky hand as 3 last night, it was against 10k of Players, and i can say, you need to hit the right hands in the right time, and recognize them and then get the chips in, therefore you need the mindset that you can make it happen and it will come so patience, but you can also always lose with AA. So some luck is need. And you have to win a lot of the coin flips, maybe all.

M

mycashier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck and skill is need in the early stages, to at least get a big enough stack to grind it and wait for good cards. Once you have a big enough stack you should have stack power, and play it from there :)

ger008t

ger008t

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inevitable great poker comes with lots and lots of failure at all levels

..greatest way to start getting better/..know when to fold

G

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
Try to have a patience , and try to feel the situation , but if they playing push fold try to join with a premium hands on the ALL INS. Better to losse with AA or KK then to losse with a nubish hand.
Anyway a little of luck , and a big patience , and you can hit the final table.
I want to suggest you to keep playing on your game , and with a big effort you will hit a final table.
Good luck to you.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steal more around the bubble and look for players to take advantage of. Don't be afraid to take some chances and win some flips. If you have a decent stack, you should be ok with risking a small percentage with not so great hands to knock out some shorties.

Have a good one!

T

TheWamBomb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BUBBLE

I can normally get around the bubble but it seems like I freeze up to much so I can make it in the money. Maybe I should open up a little more or at least I shouldn't shut my game all the way off. It all leads back to all the great advice everyone else said when it comes to paying attention to the table and doing research about your game and figure out what works for you. Thanks everyone I really enjoy reading all the posts about poker!

InducedBluff

Zeimar Silva

Zeimar Silva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, you must have some leak. Try hiring a coach. You even analyze your lost hands, the ones you lost, the position you lost ...

Everyone has the same percentage in the cards, but some know how to use them better and get ahead.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to steal the blinds, and where the game is played aggressively with a good hand, your stack Then there will be more, and the chance to reach the final table more than

311evo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like many have said here, patience and luck. Along with that be aggressive but only when you feel your hand *could* still pan out post-flop, or bluff if you think your opponents holding nothing.

You'll get there! I finished out of the money in the first 3-4 tourneys, got a little pay, repeat. Currently sitting in the money in 3 of my last 5 tourneys, one of them making it to the final table (placed 4th).

chisel

chisel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just need to encourage good luck) and if she comes to you, you can not only get top 9, but and get top 1

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is definitely a virtue in these games, its not possible to wait all the time for premium hands, chose the time to move well using position and table read, a bit of luck would not go amiss keep persevering and good luck

YuriNepo

YuriNepo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never go allin with ak jj qq hands from early position. Try not to play for the whole stack without seeing the flop. And of course the most important thing is luck.

S

stokedog4

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of patience.

Lots of practice.

Lots of failure.... Learn from your mistakes... Review hand histories.

Play well and run better.

Some good advice from some of these folks above me. Studying push/fold and icm play is a good place to start. You will need to have some luck go your way to make deep runs / final table.

good luck

Sonny87

Sonny87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stradegy

I steal the blind when possible, also random raises from early position to keep opponents at bay

NBDownOng

NBDownOng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Be Prepared For a Long Session
Be Prepared For Some Crazy Swings
Keep it Simple and Value Bet Your Hands to the Max
Listen to the Betting / Prepare to Lay Down Some Big Hands
Don’t Worry About Playing a “Balanced Style”

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have patience but in 90% luck is not on my side..... i try to avoid all ins but cant avoid it every time...

K

Kkingpoker30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with a lot patience and persevering. knowledge of bluff and of course luck.

P

ParagonPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the hands you would, shove at 12bb and less if you're down profit from those hands.

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With so many players playing so aggressively, a conservative strategy
ought to pay big dividends, since strong hands rate to get paid very well. If the blinds were
increasing slowly, and the rounds were longer, this would certainly be true (SNG). But with short
rounds and sharp blind increases, a strictly conservative approach won't yield results fast enough
to keep your stack from shrinking as the blinds come charging. Do not make a bluffs.Just make sure you have a hand when you get a lot of chips in the pot.
(although bluffs don't work in these games, you'll still see plenty of bluffs tried.). On late position, try to see some cheap flops with suited-connectors or small pairs, in the hope
of flopping a monster that could let you double up. The large number of players in each pot
makes your implied odds huge when you hit a set, straight, or a flush.
Push your good hands (top pairs, trips) to the maximum, again with the hope of doubling up.
You're much more likely to be called all-in than in a normal tournament. Remember that even
your weaker top pair hands, like nines and eights, go up in value while high unpaired cards go
down in value.

C

ciobanuionut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Make your own luck, know your opponents observe their behavior, know when to fold a good hand and when the others are trying to steal the pot, also keep calm after the bubble most of the players tend to make bad beats, you have to wait to the perfect moment.

UJaseN

UJaseN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well mate , in the low price entry tournaments there are a lot of fishes and they go all in with s.hity hands and they get it most of the times.
If you get 27bucks if it was me i would take a rest 1 day or somethink like that because i see when u win some price in tournament theres a big percent you loose fast if you join other tournament to play after that.
Play big tournaments less fishes there much real game.
Most of the times im agressive in the start of the tournaments , to get stack
then im playing tight and smart.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tnx for advicees i would do my best
But i hope my luck would change!

MuruH

MuruH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
much patience, optimistic and more free time

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once again, the only reason I can't win is because I need better competition. I am certain I would not suck at golf if I could just play against Jordan Spieth. And I would crush Roger Federer because these guys beating me at tennis at the local Y are just too terrible for my skills.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must meditate during the game, and for this you need a theory, read the article very help