masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I try not to play 1 or 2 tournaments a minimum of 4 and you will play much tutovei and focus.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Believe that you will win and play for the first place. This will motivate you and help you to stay more focused. Usually mid stages are very boring, but once you reach late stages, you shouldn't have problem focusing.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the answer to this is prepare yourself before even start the tournament read some articles some strategy something about poker to warm up your mind always a good chair a something to drink (Coffee, chocolate,wine, etc) and stay looking at the table analyzing each hand and player how they play and put on practice your reading skills that's the best to stay focus ;)

blott

blott

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play any tourney lasting more than three hours.

I remember a few years ago staring at a monitor for a few hours and suddenly being unable to see anything on screen. Scary at the time.

I stick to non-turbo tourneys with 30 or less players and always over within 3 hours.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try listening to some classical music, white noise, mabye some up beat electronic. Helps me.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never play any tourney lasting more than three hours.

I remember a few years ago staring at a monitor for a few hours and suddenly being unable to see anything on screen. Scary at the time.

I stick to non-turbo tourneys with 30 or less players and always over within 3 hours.
I have had that happen to me once about 25 years ago, taking upgrading for my GED, this was the first time I had spent an extended time in front of the monitor, all of a sudden I could not see anything directly in front of me, only through peripheral vision was I able to see.
I understand the fear, but this was only because my eyes were not use to the computer monitor as I didn't have a pc of my own at the time.
Have not had an episode since.
If this is a reoccurring thing for you, seek an eye doctor.

drink beer :D
As much as I like to drink while playing poker, I would advise against this as alcohol makes you loose.

As for complete focus while playing a tournament, I lack the focus in the early stages and rely upon this forum and random internet searches to cut the boredom and play only solid ABC poker until close to or in the money, then all my focus goes to the table.
You'll be surprised how much focus you have when you are in the money.

"What about the reads you miss on opponents?" you might ask.
I use pokertrackers HUD feature to keep an eye on the reads in the early stages.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not drive yourself into difficult situations, and try to avoid complex decisions, such as bluff raises or strange calls.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play a large number of tournaments, this is normal
Try to play a one tournament during the day
I think you'll think differently

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if it's a long MTT I try to sleep before so I dont get sleepy thats basically it. Food/drinks really not a problem =)

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also get bored so I'll watch a movie or series. If i find that my focus is being taken away from the game then I stop watching. I've played so much poker in my life that I don't actually have to watch the game all the time to win. Sometimes I don't even have to be watching the table. It all depends on you. If music stops you being bored then play it. If movies help you not be bored then watch them. If you a beginner i suggest just watching the game. You need discipline to focus on the game for the required time. One day you'll see you won't have to focus all the time because you can predict what will happen.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing mtts I sit in the room and watch tv when I get bored and playing loose and aggressive but when I do play I put music on so I won't get distracted from the game.