How do you prepare for long tournaments? Do you do any kind of preparation?

darthdimsky

darthdimsky

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a shower before starting the tournament and at each interval also just to relax and stay focused.

Yea, I shower before a session too and am immensely relaxed, when I begin. A few poker videos to get into the mindset maybe and a smoke before hitting the tables. Water and breaks during breaks.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long tournments

In long tournaments we must first make sure we can provide that time if we can survive the stages of the tournament

After a lot of patience and control anxiety can fluctuate blinds and patience is key and be the most rested to face hours of play with a good performance

:jd4:mateuspoker

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tournament assumes that it will take a lot of time! Personally, I listen to music and always stay on a positive note during the game! Yes, and it is better to eat well before the tournament :D

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make sure have a nice supply of caffeine in my system and I find a really comfortable place for me to relax as I play the tournament. When break time comes I christian the latrine if I need to or fix something to eat during break time as well. I make sure that I have some entertaining tunes to listen to during the tournament to help keep me a good frame of mind. I prefer classic rock and roll. Should listen to some relaxing mind expanding classical music, but it's not really my thing. If the caffeine is starting to wane than I consume more of my caffeinated beverage. I make sure that I am in a distraction free area. That's pretty much it in a nutshell for me.