How do you prepare for long tournaments? Do you do any kind of preparation?

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love meditation

You are tired, bored .... and after you seem to be awaked for few minutes.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first I hear musics calming my mind !! I go into a spin go of fictitious money, and I go all in almost every hand I get just to get the urge to play with cards that I should not play !! After that, I just sit down and relax at the table and make notes on the looses on the table !!

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pick up my cushion to help me relax during long tournaments.

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rest, some workout patience to stay active in the game read thru top notes of plays were you have been beat.

Willroquefan

Willroquefan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hun, sometimes I listen to heavy metal songs, that put more adrenaline in my vains.

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just stay in a comfortable place where you have the least disruption of the family, I take a good coffee, and listen to music, that's the best

S

Sla1m

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
make tea and some eat, toggle mobile, listen relax music

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to play long tournaments. I love zoom poker. When I play for a long time, I get tired and lose concentration.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually stay as relaxed as possible, put a music, I feed myself before I can worry about food in the break, a bath is also the hoario that is always helps me ...

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The day before and the day of a long tourney I keep a diet high in protein and low in sugar and I drink lots of water. I also get plenty of rest. Cup of coffee about 30-60 minutes before start. When I make day 2 and the seating redraw is released I spend some time reading up on my opponents. I also avoid watching or reading the news. I avoid driving to the tourney location as driving p^***S me off and makes me very impatient. I'll either Uber it or the wifey drives me.

boomboxcafe23

boomboxcafe23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a recipe for success my mentor taught me...
WELL... my peak performance throttles between a light dose of Sunshine just before the registration begins for any tournament. As the spots fill up and a final head count comes around I push out all the air from my lungs, spark the flame, and enhale the spirits. Adjust the monitor's settings, cue the "It's Hammertime" playlist, lightly smear super glue over the top of mouse(to prevent any ADHD attempts to distract oneself), strap on the camel bag filled with "water", and EXHALE... Visualize Victory Vicisously Ventilating Vices.... Oops wrong forum... Kick some fish and donkey butt@the tables :)

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I make sure that I'm totally hydrated and have enuff sleep

devisam

devisam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First eat listen music relax entre the game with drunk coffe

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would sometimes get annoyed that an online tourney is taking to long but you just need to make sure you have set aside that time for poker. nothing else. Once your mind is able to relax and play the game you set time aside for, you should feel better that it is a long tourney. make sure you have food and water.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make sure I have plenty of sleep the night before... and if it's an online tournament.... a big one outside of your typical long late regs that happen everyday.... I like to get some studying in before I start.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
when I play important tournaments, I look for a nice place for me, where I feel comfortable and can play quietly, I like to be able to mentalize myself in having good game, have positive thoughts and try to be in a good mood

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read very good advice, I would add that should be well hydrated, the brain is made in a large percentage of water, and you need to drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated, to make good decisions.
I also prepare food to eat during the 5 - minute breaks, also put good music.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how long the tournament is that you are talking about. But, if it is a 10-hour tournament then I lengthen my sessions leading up to that tournament so that I can be better prepared for the long tournament.

If I can't stay awake or sit for 10 hours then there is little point in me playing a tournament that will last 10 hours.

Good luck !

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to get comfortable, shut off the TV or move to another room, hit the restroom and then try to be patient instead of hoping to be lucky.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Crackin my knuckles works well for me! :ciao: (takin a #2 doesn't hurt also) :p

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Clear your bladder

Clear your mind

Make yourself comfortable

Play a few warm up games I go for a few 25 cents spin n go just to get the poker brain cranking.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take a shower before starting the tournament and at each interval also just to relax and stay focused.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch videos of professional players to prepare me. I am trying to establish a global strategy for this tournament. I encourage myself several times and try to persuade myself that I am the best and that victory is at hand.

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually run at least 2km or doing squats. Because for me hardest part is seating in one place for so long.