How do you play QJ?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play them on late position, specially if they are suited, JQ of herts are one of the best couples I can find at texas holdem haha, everytime I get one of those I get a great pot or I just say goodbye :D

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to play these kind of hands from time to time if you can see the flop for cheap.

Last edited:
G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJ is my horror story hand. I always get run down on it, generally I just fold it to avoid losing more hair lol

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This depends on my position. I might throw it away,let's say it's satellites

K

kingarthurrov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should play at late position as many user commented.Good question.

G

gabethegimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should play at late position as many user commented.Good question.
You can play it late-mid if the texture is right. You can also play it in a bb defense. Just be prepared to fold if things get hairy. Don't commit - just flat call it, unless you know the people you're playing against, then just use your brain and don't get caught.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the table,stack sizes and position,it is not a hand to take a risk with especially if not suited.

C

christosa197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if the same color is more easy to play!

:burnout:

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looking where. in max 3-4 this is not a bad hand. Everything depends on the situation in which you are.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The nervous arm ..))
If you want to tickle your nerves ... switch on from the early position ..)))
:angel:

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all do not clarify if it is QJ off suited or if they are suited, but assuming that they are off suited the first thing I take into account is my stack and the position I have, in early positions I do not recommend playing cards for the simple fact that What would suit us better would be a flop like AKT, 89T, 9TK to make our strong hand but unfortunately we did not get much value from this type of hands with that flop and we could be dominated by hands like AQ AJ KQ KJ. In my opinion it is better to play this hand from the cutoff as long as the villains are not very aggressive and we can steal the blinds. In general it is a hand that can get you in trouble on many occasions and you have to be careful when playing it. Good luck at the tables !!!

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its pretty good early in a MTT and pretty bad late in a MTT. Anyone agree or disagree?

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJ can be viewed more like a suited connector and played accordingly, in multi way have faith in his drawing potential, and in heads up you can afford to believe in his ability to outpair, but still it's a very tricky hand and can lose you a lot of money

H

honeywabbitt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the position i am in

Anatoliy Tolik

Anatoliy Tolik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the position, I will look at the flop cheaply, and further on the circumstances. In the early and middle positions, I throw it out. If nobody raises me then I will raise when I will be on the position of the button

S

SuperPwn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the table dynamics and position. Having a bigger stack in a tournament allows you to play more hands, and QJ offsuit becomes a reasonable hand to play because your opponents are naturally going to be more afraid of getting into confrontations with you and losing their whole stack.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QJ suited or unsuited? What position? What is your stack? Suited I usually play strong any position or stack. QJ off suite is one to only go with in late position up to 3BB, if you have at least a 30BB stack in my opinion.

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play these cards especially if they are of a color and the pay is small

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll play QJ if I'm in a good position. I'd make a 3X bet on the button if I'm first to act. I'd hope for a fold or at least a peak at the flop. It would be harder to play this hand with players betting ahead of me, I'd likely fold in this cse. It's one of those hands that looks pretty but but I'm not risking my tournament life on it.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Q,J has potential, but in the end you can't beat king high without hitting your hand.

However, in good position, I bet potential.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it is best for me if I play this hand in late position. Unless I am heads up at the final table of a large tourney then it is ALL_IN for me on any paired,suited or connected cards.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hand that potentially get you in a lot of trouble. I have been folding it 9/10 times. Any thoughts?

I believe you are very good and you throw QJ
I personally would go with this sex depending on where I was and the pot I would have !!
:eek::eek:

Elvin771

Elvin771

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always win in this hand))) this is my favorite hand in the poker

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play this hand in late position or from the blinds in multiway pots. In multiway pots I'm not looking to play a big pot without a monster (two pair plus) but will play the flop and turn with a pair. Best to play it in position if you can, but calling from the BB or even SB at times can be profitable. Especially if it is suited. I prefer JTs though.

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plays decent multihanded if they are suited. Late positions and if many players are in. See the flop and fold if you dont like it.