How do you play QJ?

Aleksandr Alekseev

Aleksandr Alekseev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, I often get lucky with this hand. But this is reckless! It can only be played from a late position, and only suit is advisable. Otherwise it will be minus.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is a speculative hand, and must be played only in the right spots. If you have a good stack in late positions or if you are playing against nit players who will fold in any dry board or if there are a lot of limpers in the table, when you can see the flop with a good pot for cheap price.It's a good hand only for really skilled LAG players.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you decide to play this hand, you should go in with the inention of hitting straightening cards such as a 10, king, something flop. If you just hit a pair, buyer beware because someone already may be holding a set or over pair.In all a tricky hand to play so folding might bet the best thing to do

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check the flop if cheap enough and your stack size can stand it.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like small raise and wait flop depeands of other player but usually I fold on flop.....

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is a good hand if you get a flop like 10-K-X or 10-9-X.
If they are suited connectors ther are much better, depending on you stack, you could play in positions like UTG or MP.
If you have QJ off, you could play in MP, cutoff and button, if nobody has raised.
If the hand comes clean, you could do 3bet to try to steal the blinds, if someone pays you would be playing with position.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A hand that potentially get you in a lot of trouble. I have been folding it 9/10 times. Any thoughts?
depends on the position, and if someone has done RAISE it is best to do FOLD, it is not advisable to CALL with JQ a player who does ALLIN, but you can play them in last positions, you may have luck or you can hit a good hand in the FLOP

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume you mean QJo. I fold early position, open from the HJ and later. Call a raise in position only against weak players. Almost never call from the blinds, unless against weak button, but tend to avoid it for the most part.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly JQ folded are hands that are not very good to take it to the river unless you have a full you can get in lios, I can only pay in big blind but I take precaution

Z

Zzzonked

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All questions involving "how do you play xx" as a hand need more information in them. From what position are we raising/calling? What are the stack sizes?
As for QJ i'll usually open raise 3BBs with it however only call in late positions and never get married to it. If i miss the flop, fold. Even if I hit, be very weary of others who may have KJ/KQ/AJ/AQ

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would generally speaking only play this, preferably suited, hand from late position. Just don't get married to it. It's more of a suited connector kinda hand to me. Play it like you would play 98s. If you flop a pair, your kicker isn't great.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a hand that over time only become profitable if played:
- at the right position (the easy bit)
- at the right table (need to know your opponents)
- with sufficient post flop betting skills
As a rooky: I usually fold, just to stay out of trouble

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play all the cards at least until the first three books if no one is aggressive and keep me going. most of all I have ever had in small books

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is a very weak hand.

with it you need to play very carefully, it will bring only problems.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play this hand only from late positions (CB, BTN) and it is desirable that they would be suited. This hand is not strong enough, if we do not collect a strong hand (a straight, two pairs) on the flop, then there may be problems due to a weak kicker

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fall at early position / call at late position - that my rule for QJ

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually I play this increasing hand and trying to hit a top pair or a sequence, or even a flush. And a very good hand thinking that you have 60 percent equity against a group of random hands

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand is better to play tightly, it can be dominant, but for the most part the middle-hand is played tightly.

F

fantasyyboyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like these cards:confused: .. call on a small bet or more often fold

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually in the beginning stages I do not play in middle stages I pay the blind and in final stages I raise the blinds a bit

H

honeywabbitt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
L PLAY WHEN I AM IN LOW STACK

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play QJo in late position. It's not a very strong hand, but you use it to block other hands or make a bluff.
QJs is a speculative hand well within the range of acceptable suited connectors. It has the potential to make a flush or a straight, and is easy to get away from when you miss the flop. In multi-hand pots you will win big every once in a while when you play your cards right.

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play aggressively and when i do not hit anything i try to bluff to win the pot.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QJ should be thought of as a drawing hand and later in tournaments you should only be playing it when it's suited unless you're in the small blind and can call for cheap or you're the chip leader and can bully people around.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely play these two cards. But, if I have a large chip stack, I may play the Q J