How do You play medium pairs în bubble game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unless I'm the chip lead with good possition and know what my opps are playing it's a 3-4bb raise, maybe limp or cold call. But no pushes for me =)

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ussually raise 4bb,but depends of position and stacks,all in pre-flop is not the best play,i always want to see how hand goes.

Mrmercurial1

Mrmercurial1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack

Here it depends on the stack. If you have over 20 blinds you should wait for others to go all in, it is important for you to get in the prize pool.

You might get caught when raising all in ( scenario , if nobody raised , you are up to act, and you go all in with 55, 66, 77 ( dealer , small blind) you might get called by the SM , BB with cards like k6, k7, A2, A3. you will see this type of play on pokerstars.. you might get out of the tournament if you find this type of player .

So stay safe. :icon_bigs

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Ekateriba Zapletnyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the bubble I always play carefully, it does not matter if I have to AA or 23

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on ICM, stack sizes, antes, skill level of the table etc.

On a really tight table you could obviously shove a lot wider and pick up plenty of blinds and antes.

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what a nice joke! play this way ever and you'll be the winner for centures! At least other players will say so.

Mrmercurial1

Mrmercurial1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should see the preflop chart with the all in hands.

take into consideration , that if you have 77 in UTG , and you go all in and you have a small stack , you might get called by the BB with 88, and u´re out of the tournament. too risky as a play. :)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well , the answer here is not that simple .
If I was playing a SNG I would think of my stack , position , the value of this middle pair and I would decide accordingly to these factors . If I was low stack I would shove more low pocket pairs .
If it was a tournament I would decide more carefully dependingly on position and stacks how I would play a pair .But on a tournament , if I werent the big or medium stack I wouldn't choose to play them if there wasn't a need if the prize pool was big . Generally on the bubble I avoid playing them , except if I have less than 18bb and its a good pair so I shove it on position , but if I am the have a medium stack I play it usually by limping oop or raising op or calling a raise on position :)

B

brrrddz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your question is very general. mainly depends from your stack and from your position. and from the stacks after u. also there is difference if u hold 55 or 88

Jester36rus

Jester36rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
throwing it away, and away! No any average pairs on bubble! Give me a straight or flush on the board!

DonPatron560

DonPatron560

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I better throw

B

boomeranged

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, ICM has made the decisions so easy that you should just download an ICM chart and play the bubble (Medium to short stack) using the shove or fold chart which tells you hand and position with what to do (Shove or fold).

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does that post??))) talking to myself.And so too difficult question many unknown nuances of the game.
It should be called :"Arguing with myself":))

A

Anna Nikolaeva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But all-in, I do not go, unless of course my stack is 2BB, then you can take a chance)))

A

alt888

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't vary my game too much - the answer to this, as others have said, mainly relies on position and how tight or loose the table is.

Naitras

Naitras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it means what card you have if monster hand i play agressive to kick opponent :) if hand bad wait :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 Games