How do you play at the beginning of a tournament?

DannyWhite

DannyWhite

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play much suited connectors at the begin try to see flop cheap and usually bets are like small soo you can see the river and decide for over bet or call...You can also play tight but if you are good after flop player its better to start more agressive trying small bluffs if this work you win chips if they call and discover youre bluffer change your strategy and set trap like youre bluffing but this time you are NOT :)

N

Neol0107

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play with a lot of patience and taking care of my chips without missing the opportunity to raise my stad

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the tourney if it's a higher limit I play pretty tight, if not I loosen up a little

O

Orman Nelson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the table dynamics and position dictate my starting range. If the table is passive preflop, I will have a wider range. If the table has multiple or overly aggressive players my starting range will tighten up. Earlier position tighter, later wider. Early in tournaments is the ideal time for set-mining and playing suited connectors because the price is usually good, however with overly aggressive players that price can go the wrong way quickly. Typically the overaggressive and multiple aggressive player situations weed themselves out fairly quickly, but under those conditions I will play premium only.

7drewski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what your range is, but maybe a little looser at the start while blinds are low