How do you like to play a tournament?

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved playing from the beginning of the tournament. I still love it. When you play from the very start of the tournament, it has its advantages. The blinds are small so you can play more, but it's also not a problem to lose any. You also get to know your teammates and their way of playing. As far as I'm concerned, it's better to play from the beginning. BUT... Registration is very long for some tournaments. That frustrates me a little. So I gave up the game from the start. I join tournaments about halfway through registration. Both methods have their advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to decide which one suits you best.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hi. I prefer the beginning, I think there are more opportunities. mainly by the smaller blinds.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depend of available tome i have... mostly i love to play KO tournaments from begining so until end of late registration i already got my money back and then i don't care if i will finiah at some nice spectacular place 😁

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to start tournaments from the very beginning, although sometimes it takes a long time, but you have time to get used to the field, and the characteristics of opponents

J

jutosneerti

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to either play slow, or extremely agressive, because I lack the nerve to continue playing slow and careful.

K

Kush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently decided not to start a tournament with less than ~70bb. There are so many tournaments running, I just catch the next one. The edge I have is much greater when I'm deep stacked. The players at the lower stake MTTs are pretty horrendous. I often get a full triple up early on from 2 people who way over play their top pair or draws. Then they will just rebuy and punt again... Lots of times I get into the top 10 and stay top 20 or so, all the way to the final table. Pay attention to the terrible LAGs, take notes and take advantage.