How do you like to play a tournament?

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you like to play a tournament from the beginning or end of late registration?

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like entering from the beginning, so I can get to know the players and their way of playing.

mt2lhd

mt2lhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to cash bigger in tournaments entering at and of late registration reduces your chance,
It is better to buy-in from early stages so you have deeper stack and you can collect more chips for running deep in tournaments
I don't like cashing for minimum in tournaments
here is a summery of what i do in tournaments:
1. Register in Early stages
2. Playing tight in early stages and trying to get a deep stack
3. If i had a deep stack I will play more loose in early stages and use my position well
4. I will try to steal blinds on the bubble
5. I will play mixed and will try to reach final table

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only late register into all of my mtts with ~10-25 bbs, or less on occasion.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play tournaments from the very beginning. I very rarely join a buy-in tournament any later than the third level. I'm pretty good at picking my way through the early tournament minefield. In fact do quite well early on when there are a lot of loose players bleeding chips. I find that during these early stages all it takes is one well timed check to induce an all-in bluff and get doubled up by a loose aggressive player.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tournament should be taken seriously. I think late registration and playing with a short stack is not the best option. Of course, there are exceptions when you simply forgot about the beginning of the tournament and are forced to enter the game late.

taylormaade

taylormaade

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I've been experimenting with late reg'ing in unlimited rebuy/re-entry tournaments and studying to get good at playing with 30+BBs with decent results. Bounty and Knockout tourneys I will play at the start.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to start from the beginning, if things go well you always have an edge.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like to play them in various ways; that is, being aggressive at certain times, lying from time to time. I think that is the best strategy, not to follow a particular line

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you like to play a tournament from the beginning or end of late registration?
Winning a poker tournament involving hundreds or even thousands of players is not an easy task. Even if you are a strong experienced poker player, then you will need a lot of luck to reach the final table, because variance plays a role. A popular saying is: you cannot win a tournament in the early stages, but you can lose it. There is some truth in this, but another aspect must be remembered: in the early stages of tournaments, there are many weak players. Large tournaments attract many recreational players and they will be a great target for you at the beginning of the game.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always register at the beginning of the tournament. Late registration gives you more risk of losing the stack. On small blinds, there is more opportunity to see the flop and increase the stack.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when the tournament and the hyper turbo always start at the beginning of the tournament to play more smoothly despite the blocks going up quickly, and the turbo likes to enter with a maximum of 30 minutes of the tournament rolling because the blocks are still reasonable and certainly entering with 25bbs, and the Regular between general between 1 hour and 1: 30hrs of tournament because it is already in a phase in which all play regularly and with value then to restructure.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I've been experimenting with late reg'ing in unlimited rebuy/re-entry tournaments and studying to get good at playing with 30+BBs with decent results. Bounty and Knockout tourneys I will play at the start.
how decent are your results with late registering? what site do you play on?

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the right choice is to play from the beginning, because there is an opportunity when the blinds are small to make a good pot for the rest of the tournament and feel confident. When you play for a long time, you can analyze your opponents at the table and improve the game against them, this is very important!

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tourney Play

I always choose to play from the start of the tourney. Have found playing from the start one can cash in on some "bingo" players that are trying to buy pots.

One factor that effects the why I play is as well dependent on the cost of the buy in. Higher stakes game I will play a tad tighter VS the way I might play in low entry fee tournaments

Good Luck All !

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the beginning because we can play more hand. the blinds cost nothing and that improves my chances of building my stack. without taking too much risk and avoiding playing flips

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play from the beginning, it has some advantages:cool:

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the beginning, as I hope to slowly and carefully start building a stack early.

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cautious in the beginning and aggressive in the middle towards the end.

Serg77

Serg77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tournament

Every time try to play carefully but there is always a guy who starts to all-in every hand. Have to wait somebody hit him, but unfortunately sometime such a guys win and continue doing crazy things.

O

osvimanCC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you always should play your tournaments from the beginning.

Poker is a game where you need to pay attention to any little information that your opponents may give you. So the more information you collect, the more chances you'll have to beat your opponents.

:9h4: :9s4:

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play from the beginning. I think you have more chances to win the tournament playing this way.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to register in the middle of the tournament. In knockout tournaments, I like to register early. It is rarely possible to register when I want to myself. Often I try to play satellites after which I’m either waiting for the tournament to start and starting again because registration cannot be canceled. Or from the stage that I manage to get to when the satellite is over.

J

JoeDurt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said I like to start at the beginning if possible!