How Do You Deal With Limpers?

4evertilted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp all the time in tourney's early and later with large stack. Limping can be a wonderful tool if you use it right. I love limping into people who are over aggressive with wide range of hands from monsters to suited connectors.

Most players play way to fast online and are overaggressive after the flop and before matter of fact.

S

sillymunchie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping should not be an option unless your getting the pot odds to limp behind, the only way your scenario works is if your against a very agressive table, but to assume your ahead when oop is silly, if people are aware that you like them to do the betting for you, they will just slow down when you limp in, and raise when they think they are ahead, your then giving people the perfect odds to outdraw you on most boards, the fishes usually call, not bet, so your left prety much only making money from the type of opponent that trys to outplay you on every street,

I will agree that limping is not always weakness, and those are your targets and if you can target them you can make money from them, but being a good player will make you aware of these types of players, and when to take on this tactic, but more often then not, raising is the right thing to do, otherwise your giving people the correct odds to draw against you and your hardly winning anything when you get to showdown

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping in cash games is going to be generally bad.

limping in tournaments is godwtfawful.

M

matshark

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always punish limpers, but try to do it with a range, for example, J 8 suited plus.

Don't try and isolate every limp because your image will be in tatters, pick your spots carefully.

Be aware of your own image and try to avoid spots where the whole table has limped.

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember that many people "act weak" when in fact they are "very strong".

Limping isn't always a sign of weakness. This is where things like hud's come in handy, to see if it's part of a regular trend or a one off, if it's a one off, exercise caution