How do u build freeroll bankroll?

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wondering if it is even possible to build a bankroll outta freeroll tournaments. I’m my eyes now I see that, if u good enough to place first in a freeroll then one wouldn’t need to be playing in freerolls besides complete noobs. I am currently working on the Chris Ferguson 0-10000 challenge and figure when I am done it, I will be taking poker to the next level and walking away from work...right now I am at .11 cents....
Yes, it is possible to build a bankroll from freeroll tournaments. I started with freerolls and still play freerolls. Every month i withdraw some money from poker site (not a big amount but it helps to pay some of my bills).
From my experience i can tell you to remember Two things:
One, you must play on a site where you can get lot of freerolls and of descent amount. By the way, i play with 888 poker and they offer so many freerolls that i can't play all of them.
Two, I never think of winning a tournament. Winning comes when the time comes. A few times i did won the tournaments even the Cardschat freeroll offered there. My reasoning is, if you want to win a tournament you must be "in the money" first. Last week i played about 40 tournaments and about 30 times i was in the money. And that is from where i get the money.
Drop by drop makes the ocean. And that is what i am trying to doing.
Best of luck.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Years ago used to be really easy to build a bankroll from freerolls, but nowadays still is possible, specially if you can play on the cardschat freerolls. Even if you still can't play on the CC freerolls, there are a lot of free tournaments on 888poker and ACR, also you can play the daily freebies on GGpoker.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Every time I play freerolls, my goal is to increase my bankroll. There is no doubt that freerolls are a great way to learn, improve skills and build a bankroll. But of course the patient players will always have a significant advantage.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You are correct, I did not interpret the original post in this way... OMG Anyone trying this is truly, certifiably insane. LOL (And I mean that in the nicest way possible!) Or, I suppose, they are clearly a masochist... I'm just not into that kind of "pain as pleasure" mindset I guess! I find it far more satisfying to challenge myself by attempting to play with the best players in the world, and to do that, we need a big bankroll because they aren't playing freerolls (and that is no putdown of those of us playing the CardsChat freebies, I constantly admire the high level of play in them at the platinum level with all the CC regs).

Good luck with your challenge DS3... I think I've had nightmares about exactly what you are attempting and I recall waking up in a cold sweat from it. :D

Haha! Thanks!

Bear in my mind I come from a different place. I am a non-gambler who got fascinated with the psychological demands of poker. Learnt the game (play chips as you know) then transitioned into free rolls after playing some on pokerstars before I joined CC. I wanted to prove myself against what were (for me) more seasoned players...then I started to cash fairly regularly. So I set myself goals and find it quite easy to stay within those parameters.

I'll admit I laughed when you said it was masochistic...it sort of is...but I just get a bit single minded regarding projects. So, I'll keep after it until I hit my goals and then regroup and expand my horizons!

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering if it is even possible to build a bankroll outta freeroll tournaments. I’m my eyes now I see that, if u good enough to place first in a freeroll then one wouldn’t need to be playing in freerolls besides complete noobs. I am currently working on the Chris Ferguson 0-10000 challenge and figure when I am done it, I will be taking poker to the next level and walking away from work...right now I am at .11 cents....
Not all players in freerolls are noobs many experienced players will play freerolls as it is +EV.
Think you are thinking wrong about things to be honest 10k is a lousy retirement fund will not last long inflation considering and also the cost of everything in day to day life before even factoring in possible downswings too in the higher stakes against seasoned professional players.:eek:
I would persevere with the 9 to 5pm saving a percentage every week even when have way more than 100k in savings and investments would still persevere working never dream of living on poker hope alone maybe a rare few can retire on a million dollar+ 7 digit profit figure.:questionm
Regarding the freerolls put in fanatical volume cherishing every last hard earned dime and dollar won regardless how big your roll is day in day out is the key to success.
That is how you grow your life roll with freeroll money.
Also would not be a bad idea to look for a third source of income as well as work and poker freerolls the more cushions the better,
It is way to risky to quit work and leave all your eggs in the poker basket only long term good luck.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not all players in freerolls are noobs many experienced players will play freerolls as it is +EV...

Regarding the freerolls put in fanatical volume cherishing every last hard earned dime and dollar won regardless how big your roll is day in day out is the key to success.

That is how you grow your life roll with freeroll money....

That is certainly my basic feeling regards the matter.

I do value every cent made, and literally have the count on Excel sheets broken down by site and each different free roll I have played. I mention this because it keeps me both focused and inspired. I also have yet to withdraw a cent from the bankrolls I am building and that won't occur until I reach my target(s).

Essentially I think it something of a magic act, and something which you cannot find anywhere else. The ability to conjure winnings out of thin air.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10 days ago I had 0 in my account. Thanks to freerolls I now have 60 dollars. Everything is possible, but difficult.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
theoretically possible
if you play all the rooms where there are freerolls
and do not spend profit on tournaments with bains

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so easy from freeroll ..but if you grind them on many sites you can win some bucks

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a clear plan of action, then I think that this is not a problem. Since working on your game, you can achieve a lot. Even though I didn’t understand it before.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all, find sites that run freerolls daily and have weekly and monthly special freeroll,

have those, then play them and don't play any cash tournaments or cash game untill you reach a a good amount lets say you wanna play 1,10 tournaments first you need to with around 110$ from freeroll untill you can play those always have a 100x a buy-in you wanna play otherwise you will never succeed.

Also have patients it wont be in a day or week could take 6 months but just know it isnt easy at all and you have to be serious about it!

GL

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you cannot ever lose any bankroll from playing only freeroll tournaments, I don't even see how this is a challenge. Your bankroll will always go up, and never go down... so what is the point? To see how fast you can increase your bankroll? But why? For what purpose? You cannot live off freeroll money!!

For me, in my opinion, the whole point of playing freerolls is to try and make a little "seed money" which can "jump start" your career playing in regular tournaments. Yes I still play freerolls every day because it helps keep my bankroll steady when I lose in regular buy-in tournaments... but freerolls are never the ultimate end-goal, they are merely a means to an end (which is to generate a massive bankroll by playing real-money events).

I wish someone could explain why you would only play freerolls and never use your winnings to play regular tournaments, because I just don't understand the point to that.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did try this for couple of months and honestly its not worth the time and effort. Yesterday, I was playing a big Freeroll and ended up finishing 45th after 5 hours of play. Ran into set of 9s with Top pair Top kicker on a wet board.

People gamble recklessly in freerolls. Some freerolls last for 4-5 hours and you end up winning 5$ at the end. Thats lot of time.

Its better to invest that time in studying poker and invest some money in bankroll.

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to build bankroll with freerolls now too, so my first lessons, don't play satellite with buy in and re buys))

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to wait out the "all-in fest" that happens at the beginning of the freerolls. Don't get sucked in.

You also need a lot of patience (for any tournament), if you are to succeed.

For freerolls, let the maniacs play themselves out, and pick your spots.

You won't make a lot, but if you get into the money enough, you'll build a small bankroll, and then buy into some of the other tournaments with it.

I've done it, and one time, I was able to win over $600.00 in one tournament at party poker.

I had a small bankroll, and entered small buy-ins, and kept winning tickets for larger tournaments.

Took a lot of luck, but mainly patience.

Good luck.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's definitely possible and like many said you'll need patience and discipline(I mean after building some funds don't 'throw' it on games too big for it, so you'll need a good bankroll management)... also a good mental game as in freerolls many of your opponents will play unusual hands with low equity and sometimes they'll get lucky...

GLGL with your project $$$

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you can build a bankroll by playing freeroll. you just need a little patience for this one.
And don't let the badbeats hit you
I personally made a bankroll of $ 150 in 6 months, not bad for a pure freeroll.

PockerGod

PockerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I have built a freeroll bankroll, but it is not really worth it unless you are still learning the basics.

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should get à max of freerolls possible in every room everyday grind and try survive early stage of each one of them

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im at almoust 37 dolars after 2 years :)) on PS and another 14 on unibet still to go to 10000 ahahah

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes it's doable but time consuming . The vast majority of CC Platinum members have created their bankrolls mainly because of those freerolls(including me). If you don't have a time limit for your target you can do it. But of course take into account the time wasted.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i'm almost retiered and take poker more seriously.
In 10 days a won a freeroll ($23) now my bankroll is $214
i play cash game and spend more time than is tournament or freeroll

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
How do you build freeroll bankroll? Am i missing something or are there any extra options to do thay besides playing them ...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Since you cannot ever lose any bankroll from playing only freeroll tournaments, I don't even see how this is a challenge. Your bankroll will always go up, and never go down... so what is the point? To see how fast you can increase your bankroll? But why? For what purpose? You cannot live off freeroll money!!....

I wish someone could explain why you would only play freerolls and never use your winnings to play regular tournaments, because I just don't understand the point to that.

Perhaps because you are only looking at this from a singular perspective. You say 'I don't see how this is a challenge'.

A challenge can be anything you want, to shoot under eighty in golf, to run a marathon or to lose weight. My own challenge was to see how much I could make from free rolls. As noted, set it and then met it...then raised it again.

As I have noted before, I am not a gambler in any traditional sense, so to magic bankrolls out of nothing is an end in itself. Personally, I do not see how anyone can not see that as a challenge. I intend to amend my play once I reach a certain goal...but...it frequently occurs to me why not just continue this path into the future? I am not particularly motivated to prove myself as I am well aware the vast majority of players are losing players.

Whenever the subject of play chips comes up, I make note of Replay Poker where thousands play everyday and take the game seriously. However, most do not want the stress or hassle of gambling in their lives. What I point out is many are accomplished professional people (scientists, professors, lawyers and retirees as well as underage players-with parents permission) who just like the game.

I myself, do not play that regularly on Replay anymore but I understand the sentiment of those that do...we are all cut from different cloth. For some gambling money is an integral part of poker and for other it really isn't.

But, grinding to both a specific number of free roll cashes, with an overall financial target across all the sites I play is very definitely a challenge.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management