ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Just wondering if it is even possible to build a bankroll outta freeroll tournaments. I’m my eyes now I see that, if u good enough to place first in a freeroll then one wouldn’t need to be playing in freerolls besides complete noobs. I am currently working on the Chris Ferguson 0-10000 challenge and figure when I am done it, I will be taking poker to the next level and walking away from work...right now I am at .11 cents....
I wouldn't really rely on freerolls for building my bankroll -- but I do use them for practice.
If you are on a shoe-string budget and want to build a bankroll, just play $0.50 single table games (ideally with no ante). Then just play TAG, avoid multiway pots without premium made hands, and you can get to the money almost every time.
Don't be afraid to shove the AA, KK, QQ as there is often at least one LAG whio will call...especially early game.
Get yourself a HUD -- event a freeware version... I then label players as FISH, LAG, TAG, NIT according to the plays they are making and the cars they are playing (and largely based on VPIP, PFR, CB)

HarzZocker1988

HarzZocker1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won't make a lot, but if you get into the money enough.....

you'll build a small bankroll
and then buy into some of the other tournaments with it!

T

tourpro99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found personally it was a lot easier to build a bankroll in sit-n-gos versus large-field tournaments. You can get the big score in the large field events but pretty easy to burn through your bankroll even playing solidly. Main key for me was bankroll management, never playing for more than 5% of what I had in there.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wouldn't I like to know that? It's hard to build your bakroll playing freerolls. Since I returned to playing poker about a month ago, I played many freerolls and I hve not got in the money in a single one.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Study and learn new concepts and test them out in the freerolls. Enjoy the process and the journey. Let the money flow as it does. Realize if some gets lucky against you with a bad hand that's a good thing, and there are more freerolls tomorrow.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just realize that the hardest part of this challenge is the beginning part of it... it is very difficult to get started. I was quite fortunate, once I had won a little more than 2 dollars I played a 2.20 tournament with my winnings and took 2nd place in it, winning about 175 if I recall properly... I'm currently 1/8'th of the way to the 10K goal at around 1250 bankroll, and literally all it will take is one big score... but that's not how I think about it, I realize that the most important part of the challenge is proper bankroll management, so I only "invest" 2% maximum in any single tournament... but at 1250 this means I can play the 22's and in a series such as the OSS on ACR, a 22 can pay almost enough to get me to 10K if I win one... but usually I still just grind my preferred 6.60's because the truth is, I don't play to get rich, I play just because I love to play poker, and my "risk of ruin" is even less playing 6.60's... I only need one deep run every 10 or 20 tries to keep my roll going up. It's still possible I could have a streak of 50 tournaments in a row where I just don't cash (2% rule means 50 tries at it) but playing 6.60's with a 1250 roll means I have 200 tries before I bust, and that's almost impossible. Good luck, you must remain patient and realize this challenge could take years to complete, we're not as good as Chris Ferguson is!! (I'm honest with myself about that, ego is a huge negative in this game).

This is close to the best view on tourney play I have ever seen from a regular in the forums. I view MTT's the same way. If my br is $1000 I might only move up to $5 tourneys because I view it like I just have to run deep once over a 200 time sample size to keep the bankroll moving in the right direction. If I was playing $20 tourneys then I have to cash pretty deep over a 50 tourney sample size. I feel like missing cashes in 50 tourneys is kinda doable. When you talk about 200 I just don't see it as that likely.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just wondering if it is even possible to build a bankroll outta freeroll tournaments. I’m my eyes now I see that, if u good enough to place first in a freeroll then one wouldn’t need to be playing in freerolls besides complete noobs. I am currently working on the Chris Ferguson 0-10000 challenge and figure when I am done it, I will be taking poker to the next level and walking away from work...right now I am at .11 cents....
It's a very difficult task to build bankroll from freerolls. There are very few freerolls that provide good value.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It is definitely possible. I'm a living example. But then, when you start playing big cash, you still have to top up your bankroll.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That's right, you can enjoy the game for free and get paid for it.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course, it's definitely possible build your bankroll with freerolls. I think that freerolls are a really good opportunity to build your bankroll 😃

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don’t, this is a myth, win money and then take it out. A theory of a “bankroll” is nonsensical. This is because of variance. Ignore this bad “advice”.

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I have a high risk strategy, try to cash in freeroll need about <80 cents then sit in cash game try your best to Double up then leave game a buy in for <80 cents again trust me I won $29 doing that but I got to cocky and started to play $4 buy ins and lost everything so stay at <80 cents till you get to about $100 before moving up

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Today i won 109 $ sunday Million ticket in a freeroll from the twitch Stream. Round about 2000 people, 250 x 11 $ Ticket road to Sunday million and 100 x 109 $ sunday million ticket :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-232420_PokerStars.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-232420_PokerStars.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 5

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Freerolls are good. What makes them good is that they're free. LOL. But the major negative consequence is that everyone is playing quite a bit looser. If I am playing a tournament for real money. Say $5. I'm going to have a lot more enjoyment as I'm going to play with strategy and skill and discipline. When it comes to a free roll a lot of that can go out the window as it is more of a sit and go. Variance is extremely higher when any player can play just about any two cards. Saying that, I am playing free roles more because I am tired of paying money into my hobby. I imagine I would need to play a couple hundred free rolls to become successful in winning some real cash.. But in most cases this is getting me a ticket into a larger tournament. Which I can play normal again.

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I've been playing freelols for 8 months to take my bankroll and this is my biggest mistake would be money not to play freelols, this is a lost cause I don't advise

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
vote franki dresser skinul her it de grail ticket but dalje without kopecks stalsya did not know but the ticket freelole her eshe not razu did not come to summons but how did he deposit and ended up in a tournament it was razu vыgral

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I dont mind my bankroll ever,because i dont even use it for cash games or other tourneys.I look at it when i remember.
Funny.. Then what are you doing on a poker site if you don't use your bankroll? Do you play exclusively freerolls or watch how others play?..))

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
good luck my friend i think you can quit your job and move to poker to make money

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best way I found for playing freeroll is here, at cardchats community, cause there are lots of games with low pools, wich means u can get to know who u are play against, and apply the concepts u're learning in the course.

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that my bankroll will be created in the near future thanks to cardschat

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I was just wondering if it's possible to build a bankroll from freeroll tournaments. It's my eyes, now I see that, if you're good enough to place yourself first in a freeroll, then you don't need to play freerolls besides being a complete rookie. I'm currently working on the Chris Ferguson 0-10000 challenge and I imagine that when I finish it, I'll take poker to the next level and leave work... right now I'm at 0.11 cents...
Of course it's possible, I always do, every day I get to the bubble in several tournaments, which is the important thing about this, it also depends on the server you play on, because some have more free tournaments than others! I play 888poker, there are always 4 to 7 free tournaments every day.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
one of the rooms where I got it was in 888. I started with free and have won jackpots more than twice. I just can't do banka because I always withdraw it

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Freerolls are good. What makes them good is that they are free. HAHAHA. But the main negative consequence is that everyone is playing a little looser. If I am playing a tournament with real money. Say $5. I'm going to enjoy it a lot more since I'm going to play with strategy, skill and discipline. When it comes to a free roll, a lot of that can go out the window, since it's more of a sit and go. The variance is extremely high when any player can play almost any two cards. That said, I'm playing more free roles because I'm tired of paying money in my hobby. I imagine you would need to play a couple hundred free spins to succeed and win some real money. But in most cases this gives me a ticket to a larger tournament. That I can play normal again.
that's true in freerolls they're crazy for a while they only kill me AK vs 99 preflop they open allin and I had to pay in the 300 freeroll of 888

A

abdooly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I'm sure TONS of people have turned freeroll money into a big bank roll. I haven't turned my winnings into a big bank roll but I was able to turn 20$ to 200$ eventually, buuut ofcourse I hit a down swing and we're broke again lol

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It is possible, but you have to be pacient. You can make like $5,00 by playing freerolls and with this money you can make more playing lower buy-ins. Only playing freerolls i think is very hard and stressful, but not impossible.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management