How to do better in tournaments?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon, I have been actively interested in and playing poker for about 2 months, I started exclusively with free rolls and now I try my hand at tournaments with buy in $ 1, $ 2.20 PKO and I hold on there quite well, but I see that something is missing, who has passed through such tournaments, I ask for your advice.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your ITM, how often do you reach final tables?

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im in the same shoes. I always keep reminding myself when playing:” patience, patience, patience.”
I only let loose when I get to the final table

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Luka22guro! First of all, my Congratulations, that You have rise up with the freerolls to the tournaments with buy-ins!..
Now You necessary to win an one tournament (or to hit for a Final table), and then You feel more Confidence, and may to move further by limits!..
Therefore only Good Luck!

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
to work hard now, the path continues, do not despair if the expected results are not yet seen, study more about tactics according to the moment of the tournaments

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The day before yesterday I won my first PKO tournament on unibet with a € 5 buy-in and 82 players. Nice feeling.

What is your ITM, how often do you reach final tables?
In MTT tournaments, especially PKO, ITM does not matter at all. ROI is more important, but here you also need a fairly large sample of at least 1000 tournaments played at a given stake.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Playing two months is a small period of time, and so I think what is missing are the experiences. While playing among tournaments and sites you will imrove your game and gather experiences.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon, I have been actively interested in and playing poker for about 2 months, I started exclusively with free rolls and now I try my hand at tournaments with buy in $ 1, $ 2.20 PKO and I hold on there quite well, but I see that something is missing, who has passed through such tournaments, I ask for your advice.
analyze your hands more often and work on the game then everything will be fine at the distance, at the micro limits the field is almost always quite weak and you just need to play the distance

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are several important components that every beginner must consider. First of all, you need to understand that only your patience and discipline can make you a successful player. Therefore, always be patient and follow bankroll management disciplinedly, this will allow you to get a good result much faster.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's hard to give a universal answer - it all depends on the circumstances and the rules of the tournament - but the universal advice is patience !!

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
... and game discipline)))

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Are you the one who lacks patience or skill or mistakes in the long run?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am of course happy for you that you have now managed to participate in the real money game and I don't know exactly what kind of player you are, how patient you have, for example. I myself before I started playing with real money, only played with play money and freerols for a few years. The more you play, the more experience you gain. I definitely wish you the best of luck on your poker journey

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi, How about me - i watching video on youtube how playing pro poker player, or just good streamer, or playing with GTO bot. The last is a good improve my skill.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You need some more volume of games to determine, if your game is profitable in the long run, for sure. 2 months is really not much time.
But so far it sounds promising, I would say. Adding some learning and more experience should be helpful for your results. :)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you need to play a fairly large distance. to understand how well you perform in them, and you don’t need to compare them with freerolls

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion the only way to actually get better and find your own style is to play and get experience . nothing can beat that

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to hire a trainer

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the fastest way to improve is to learn from your mistakes and therefore never make them again

max82nik

max82nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
the fastest way to become a better person is to learn from your mistakes and never repeat them again
I think it's okay to make mistakes all the time. So how do you get rid of them?

IreAce

IreAce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer you need is study a ton, work harder.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aggression is always the 1st key to go really deep in tournaments.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I like to play them aggressively, 3-betting a lot, and if necessary goin all-in pre. I like to build a stack quickly, and then be patient.