How to control the luck factor in Freerolls?

D

DerlyGR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know how variance is controlled in a Freeroll Tournament like the ones pokerstars does daily. Today for example there was a character who ALWAYS went ALL IN WITH ANYTHING.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Players that go all in with any 2 have little skill so they rely on getting lucky. Unfortunately for them skill will inevitably beat luck. Maybe these types of players will win a few hands or bink a score here and there but the players that actually know what they doing will certainly do better over the duration. Keep getting your hands in ahead and making good decisions and you will beat the luck factor. You’re not alone when it comes to luck or being unlucky. Poker has a luck factor. That being said the top players in the world aren’t the world’s luckiest people. They incorporate skill, mathematical probability, and many factors to increase the likelihood that they win. Shoving any 2 isn’t a part of that strategy. When I see a player run up a big stack that way they inevitably punt it all back often it makes LoL that don’t have the ability or discipline to maintain the windfall of chips. When these players get lucky trap them. I wait until I hit a good hand and boom I go after them. Sometimes I will even fold a few small hands to them making them think they can bully me. Eventually the luck runs out. Take advantage of them when the right time comes.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a shame but it is impossible to beat luck, you have to know when to fold and always play correctly since luck does not last forever

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you want to win a freeroll, then you don't have to play all hands, but choose stronger starting hands, then you will have a chance to take a prize.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! When I play Freyolls I always run into such players, I usually wait for a good hand and take his stack. Best regards, Sergei.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
The best thing is not to go all in right away. I often win freerolls like this)

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they keep going all in, just wait and wait and when you have a strong hand, hit them.

It dosent work every time but that is luck or unluck. :):)

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know how variance is controlled in a Freeroll Tournament like the ones Pokerstars does daily. Today for example there was a character who ALWAYS went ALL IN WITH ANYTHING.

Freerolls are such a thing, luck and only luck will help, because players always put up trash hands.:joyman:

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to understand that these are freerolls and some do not play seriously and push any hand for good luck and in case of a win they play normally, so if you do not care about this freeroll, then you should only shoot this with a very strong hand )

Mr.Flushee

Mr.Flushee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be happy that you got It in with good cards and lost. It's better than losing on a tilt or bad call.
Move onto the next, Eventually you will win all these hands and run good and run deep

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, if you ask such a question, you will have a long way to the world of poker))) The answer to your question is that you cannot control your luck either in freerolls or in the game for cash, this is the beauty of poker)

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion there is not much to control, you have to select the strong hands and will almost always make chips!

MatiasGomez

MatiasGomez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no way to control the luck factor in poker. With these types of players, the best thing you can do is keep playing your game. They can win some hands all in. But in the long run the luck runs out. And that's where they lose and you stay in the tournament.

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start it slow and spot the fishes. Then you can gradually enrich yourself with the mistakes they are going to make. It is better not to play too aggressive early in the tournament unless there is a profitable situation.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Good question. I control the luck by playing tight and have a winning range of cards to play. Good luck with your luck. Cheers.

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know how variance is controlled in a Freeroll Tournament like the ones Pokerstars does daily. Today for example there was a character who ALWAYS went ALL IN WITH ANYTHING.

That‘s Bingo Player . I hate ist when Players Go allways all in. No Change to play realy poker:mad:

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On 888 I say 70% play like this. To avoid luck in freeroll, you have to avoid freerolls. But then you find out, in other Tournaments they play the same. So you have to be one time luckier ;) wait for a good hand

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been at tables with multiple players going all in on every hand and then rebuying. It is frustrating, but you cannot let it 'tilt' you. You sit patiently waiting for a strong opening hand and hope that skill is on your side and not luck on your opponents . . .

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, freeroll tournaments should be played extremely tight. bluffing is completely impossible, because weak players call any bet even with bottom pair or ace high up to river. You can try to flop a set with small pocket pairs as cheaply as possible. Many players call the big blind with suited cards to play flushes. A lot of people call every raise with Ax. You need good luck to win a freeroll tournament. Especially for freeroll tournaments: Tight is right!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Control the luck factor?are you serious?In the game you need to have a motivation goal and the will to win.Every day of training and getting good results.good luck

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fight fire with fire. Online 84 sooted > AA.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't control it... you just go with it. Gamble it up more. Take more chances.

You gotta remember something... freerolls are FREE. You cannot "lose" anything in them. Yes, you can lose OPPORTUNITY to make money, but guess what? Freerolls run over and over and over again, so if you failed this time due to "bad luck", well just try again next time.

There is no "fast route to riches" in this game. Poker requires patience, and if you understand what I'm suggesting here, then you have good patience. If you disagree with me, then you don't have good patience and you probably won't do very well in poker over the long run. Best wishes!!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I hope that one day all freerolls will be upgraded to massive all-in instead of 3-6-10minute blind level. You know 100 year life is just 876K hours, and effective time is 25% of it... spending time in a freeroll for chance to win pennies is EV-

Y

yka1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't

Trying to control luck, is like trying to fill with water a botomless barell. The only thing that you can do, is to increase your winning chances by waiting for a premium hand. I wish you all the 'luck' in the world!:D

Freeroll Passwords