How to control the luck factor in Freerolls?

michel valente

michel valente

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
there's no way to control

counting on luck for each round :jd4:

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in freeroll only luck and aggression

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could be said that in a certain part you need luck. But what will take you to the next level is strategy and skill, not always the best hand is the one that wins.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually by the middle of the tournament luck leaves the desperate, and you can start playing poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you can play freerolls the same way you play the real money tournaments, specially those freerolls with thousands of players or the super fast 888 poker freerolls. There is a lot of luck involved in those tournaments because players go and call all ins with any 2 cards, but I usually try to wait a couple of levels of the tournaments to start to play because the crazy players are usually already out.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree .... wait for the 1st break before the serious skills come to play

The first 5min of a free roll is a free for all.

If you can last to the 1st break....thats where I say the "real" poker starts in a free roll tourney.

Thank you for listening!

..bluff..

:cool:

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's freerolls, you can't control anything, especially players are over 500.

Those players all-in each hand only in order to get chips in early stage. If can't get luck they prefer to leave.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

It is practically the same variance as in every tournament, except that here there are more people who play it because it is free and obviously many times the variance will fall on their side so at least until we get a healthy stack we should only resort to premium hands

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dont keep going all in?

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
everyone takes different approach in freerol. mainly in early rounds you can find plenty gamblers which try to accumulate as many chips as possible or loose. and as its free they do not care. in later stages the game slowly became the one you know from all the different tournaments, micro or middle stakes. raising, 3betting, stealing blinds.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I would like to know how variance is controlled in a Freeroll Tournament like the ones Pokerstars does daily. Today for example there was a character who ALWAYS went ALL IN WITH ANYTHING.

Yes, sometimes luck supports us for a while and we get good and strong hands in a row, but that does not mean that poker depends on a high percentage of luck, I think that luck can not exceed 10 or 15 percent in poker, and sometimes 0%, so it is better for the player to rely on strategies and experience

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is a factor that has no control. We can't do anything about it

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I set a new record for myself in the ACR Cardchat freeroll tonight.

pick up AK third hand, the blinds are 10/20 and someone shoves from early position for almost 2500 chips. :)

I snap call and lose, they had 66 and turned or rivered a single-card flush.

Out in 106th place on the 3rd hand of the tournament. Last place finish, it took all of about 3 or 4 minutes. LOL

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS EXACTLY HOW YOU SHOULD PLAY A FREEROLL.

I didn't slam my fist on the desk, I didn't hurl my mouse or punch my monitor... I smiled and closed the client and moved on to another video game. Just another fun evening!!!

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know how variance is controlled in a Freeroll Tournament like the ones Pokerstars does daily. Today for example there was a character who ALWAYS went ALL IN WITH ANYTHING.
in freerolls, as in some major tournaments, as a rule, a huge number of participants gather. therefore, dispersion in them is inevitable. the more participants, the less chances you have of winning and vice versa, the less - the higher the chance, provided that you make a minimum of mistakes in the game. due to the fact that freerolls are not often held and their load is not high, the variance cannot be beaten in any way, only time and distance) one day you will be at the final table. good luck

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My friend. It's very simple. You need to play a lot of freerolls and then your success will be as close as possible. But playing one freeroll, you can't talk about any skill. My friend only plays freerolls and lives on it. At the same time, he is not a super professional.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You cannot control luck. The important thing, however, is to not let luck control you.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
U have to play tight, tight is right!!!When the first 100.000 players are busted because of bingoplaying, than u can win the freeroll!!! ;)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.There is no way to control it , mate.I always try to be patient and wait for a good hand when playing freerolls.But even your pocket aces are not a guarantee of success against a maniac player.It is part of the game,just try your best and have fun.,it is free.

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

very difficult to control even more when you catch some crazy people all in direct

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's impossible, and if you discovered the magic formula you probably wouldn't talk.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a lottery. No skill will help you win a freeroll. Luck and only luck. Good hands will be dealt, you will hit the flop, you will win.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be honest if you wanna win at freerolls you need to know 1 thing is 90% of people gamble in the start

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think for freerols, you have to manage your bank, relying on luck and trusting you, your game.
Many who enter these tournaments only charge with luck that goes well until a certain time and after they need to rely on their game, they can't and end up losing everything.
Not to mention that you don't have to go to every hand, but go to hands that are worth it and play it cool.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't believe there is a magic formula. I get in the money in over 80% of freerolls and sometimes it;s pennies, sometimes it's final tables (still pennies), but I played them to train my mind against tilting, rather than the prize. Don't think I've won any huge (by huge I mean a huge number of players) freerolls, apart from the ones on SWC where I won plenty, still pennies.

I used to think the same, how could some build such ridiculous stacks so early, but after some analysis, I realised that most get out before reaching ITM and rarely get up there early on. However, if you notice someone who gets there frequently or wins frequently, worth trying to reach them and ask them how they do it.

So yeah, freerolls, take them for what they are, and that is training better than training for chips and bankroll builders so you can use that effort to enter and win bigger and better.

However, the password protected freerolls, in particular the ones on Cardschat are actually fun, challenging and enjoyable. These ones I treat like any regular tournament with a buy-in but with the added perk of not having to buy-in and enjoying some decent play. Of course, there are some gamblers, but it's nowhere near the free freerolls

An by the way, it's just an opinion, so don't throw anything back at me.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I set a new record for myself in the ACR Cardchat freeroll tonight.

pick up AK third hand, the blinds are 10/20 and someone shoves from early position for almost 2500 chips. :)

I snap call and lose, they had 66 and turned or rivered a single-card flush.

Out in 106th place on the 3rd hand of the tournament. Last place finish, it took all of about 3 or 4 minutes. LOL

AND THAT, MY FRIENDS, IS EXACTLY HOW YOU SHOULD PLAY A FREEROLL.

I didn't slam my fist on the desk, I didn't hurl my mouse or punch my monitor... I smiled and closed the client and moved on to another video game. Just another fun evening!!!

I think it is good control to just move on to play another game. Can I ask you what was the driving force to hit the call button?? You had no money invested, it was only the 3 rd hand. If I am going to call for my tourney life that early , I would like to be a 65-70% favorite against villains range? This was UTG player so his range should be pretty snug, so at best you are flipping but most likely, you are behind. I could easily fold and continue moving forward. ??? Just my thoughts.

Freeroll Passwords