john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Which strategy would be the most effective...
Depends on how fast the blinds change. And the size of the starting stack also matters. If your goal is to reach the final top 100, you have to play with rebuys and add-ons. And if your goal is just to have a good time, then all-in with J9 in the first hand will be a good strategy for the tournament. :cool::geek:

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think regardless of whether it's a freeroll or not you should put your best game on the table. And make the best decisions possible. The results give themselves.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It is difficult to have a defined strategy due to the large amount of fish that are registered, but you should try to play as safe as possible and if you could have to repurchase and add on it would be excellent

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
But I think in according of information of your opponents you can use different strategies, that usually is be aggressive, and take account position and your stack.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The strategy is to have a lot of patience, something most people who play free tournaments don't have, they want to chip too fast!:unsure::unsure:
Right! Patience, patience, and again patience! )))
You need to play very tight until late stages of freeroll. Then you can use information about opponents to adjust to their play...

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My advice is to not bluff a lot because there's a lot of players who calls a lot so the thing i like is to play aggressive when i have a big hand because 80% of times you get called

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing in them is to enter the prizes.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Play tight-aggressive as default(of course you can do some adjustments if you notice something obvious about some players at your table* for example a big whale, a very tight passive player etc...) and you should do fine in freerolls... also, you'll need to have a decent poker mental game(maybe you can try and read books like The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler) as in this type of games you might get some really tough bad beats- hands that probably will make little to no sense...

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient while playing freerolls. Since entry is free, many players will play without thinking, which means bad beats will happen often. If you're bluffing, choose the right opponents to do it. And experiment with your game, use different styles and look how it will work for you.

almir nicolau

almir nicolau

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I advise you to study a lot of RF (rease first) preflop, you give up certain positions and certain stacks (early, midle game) you get better playability against your opponents.
In freerolls it's a population that didn't pay buyin so they play very aggressively and even crazy because they don't have the weight of the investment, I suggest you play very tight at the beginning the opposite of what they play because when you have good hands we'll be ahead often.
I suggest you take the bluffs out of your game and just apply the flop cebet.
I suggest that you fold a lot to 3bets preflop because the freeroll population is more paying and when they apply a reraise on your open reasee they are usually strong, yes we have to fold a lot!
I suggest you have patience play like a game you bought in.
I suggest that you have a lot of patience in large fields as the tournament funnels very quickly in the final stretches, (keep your stack healthy)
In the end: only play for the value of your hand and when you have a good game or when you have strong draws.
Tip: Always bet big when you have value or strong hands preflop, because the field pays more, so you will win more money during the tournament.

Final tip: don't get mad at your opponents' actions and ranges remember, it's a freeroll just draw the right strategy and volume as many freerolls as you can.

iceheart888

iceheart888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It depends on the tournament, if is turbo need to win a lot of flips, if not just play good hands, never bluff in freeroll

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the number of players in the game. If you have 2000 players it's more gamble than poker because people who did not have to pay a buy-in won't play seriously. And the more players in the tournament, the more bad beats will occure.
So there is no real strategy in that case: Just don't use bluff, be patient and pray for Lady Variance.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
be patient, don't play any ordinary hand, especially play in a favorable position, don't think that they are bluffing you every time...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello:)
Freeroll means a free tournament, poker strategies and skills remain the same in all cases, the first hour from the start of the tournament is the most important as you must be patient and not care about the reckless fish and let them fall of their own free will into your net, then after that the fish will be sorted from the players interested in playing and the win

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

The biggest problem with freerolls are the "Crazies" who go all-in on almost any 2 cards, in order to avoid them you need to play super tight, only calling when you have a monster hand, and even then it does not always win.
Once the "Crazies" have been eliminated then the players become more serious and will play Poker, unfortunately if you get to that point then you could be short on chips yourself, So then you need to go all-in, to accrue some chips, either by stealing blinds or hitting lucky and doubling up.
It is never easy to win a freeroll, but just keep in mind "it's not cost you a penny to play" So no damage done to your bankroll.
I always played with an attitude that if it's free! Then all wins add to your BR Whether that's 10 Cents or 50 Dollars, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth, and if you bust out to some idiot that calls your All-in with a 7/9 off suit, that spikes a straight on the River, So What!
It hasn't cost you anything, So what's the point in complaining about "Rigged Games" or "Bots" playing at your table. Bad Beats and Coolers are all part of the game, and once you can accept that, then you can start enjoying the game, whatever the outcome.
What is the best strategy for playing Freerolls? Just enjoy them! :)

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right! Patience, patience, and again patience! )))
You need to play very tight until late stages of freeroll. Then you can use information about opponents to adjust to their play...
I agree with this. There are usually a lot of people in a freeroll. So you need to play the long game and be patient.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too start avoid allin at the start as that is what most are doing with nothing hoping to hit the flop. Let those people get culled from the herd first. Then play with the real poker players. or go allin and hope for the best, it is a free roll you have lost nothing.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Play more of them + study...

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play tight at the beginning then start watching the weaker players and press them as much as possible, at the end of the tournament, already in the money play for ICM and try to gain as many positions as possible.

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
As it is a freeroll. I just go all in in first 5 minutes. If I double up my chips than I start play slow. :)

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freerolls are basically hyper tournaments. In such tournaments, everything happens quite quickly, most players play with various garbage, and therefore luck actually decides everything. But there are also regular freerolls, such as our CardsChat freerolls, and in my opinion, in such freerolls you just have to be patient, wait for good situations, and watch your opponents play.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to advance in freerolls tournaments?! Hm, by my opinion, the best decision will, as more quickly move up to the ordinary tournaments:
this means to play in the tournaments with buy-ins! Feel to difference!