Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A question friends. It doesn't matter if it's a real money or play fish table, but would you help a player at your same table survive to make it to the final tables? Example. A random player whom we will call GEORGE and where we have sat more than 15 minutes at the same table and is 60th in the poker tournament leaderboard, where 54th place will be eligible to receive a payout. Call it what you want, empathy, helping others, respect for the one who has been able to resist up to that moment, or even simply idiocy. But will you help him resist to go on or not?
Now lets pretend it was you in 54th place and someone showed empathy and kindness to allow him to get the payout and you got nothing. How would you feel about it and what would you call it?

While it is wonderfull that your willing to show kindness to someone it would still be very wrong to do in my opinion.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A question friends. It doesn't matter if it's a real money or play fish table, but would you help a player at your same table survive to make it to the final tables? Example. A random player whom we will call GEORGE and where we have sat more than 15 minutes at the same table and is 60th in the poker tournament leaderboard, where 54th place will be eligible to receive a payout. Call it what you want, empathy, helping others, respect for the one who has been able to resist up to that moment, or even simply idiocy. But will you help him resist to go on or not?
That's called collusion, and is against every live and online poker sites's rules.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Online is very unlikely, but if it were live, it's very possible, isn't it? In a big tournament, thousands of people, you meet “GEORGE” at a table, you go through some situations, you talk a bit, maybe some affinity will appear, then several hours later or even the next day, you enter him again, the situation is as described above, bubble next, you have a comfortable stack, I don't see many obstacles to that happening.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I did something similar to that recently by just calling and not raising on the river. It isn't something that I would do often, or that I have ever done before, but I felt better by not knocking this particular player out of the tournament. Regardless of what others are saying here, that isn't collusion because to collude you have to have more than one person involved in making the decision. Is it, as some posters have said, unfair to the other players in the tourney? It may be and I'm going to have to do some thinking before I make a play like that again.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.If you don't want any of your poker accounts banned, never help anyone during a game.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends whether it's actual supportive constructive help or someone just criticising your play.
This happens occasionally in the league games I play in real life.
There might be someone, who isn't very confident in poker actions and a particular person will say " you should have done this or that" etc....
Sometimes, I see this as a hindrance. The 'helper' has commented on the play because it can mean they've lost a hand, due to the beginner's uncertainty.
I always say, do your homework and play your own game. Don't let anyone try to influence you in a certain way, especially during a live game.
If you make a mistake, you can learn from it.

Rocker445

Rocker445

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That would be called team play and would deserve a ban

Top 10 Games