Heads up

pashkawell

pashkawell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In heads up play you need to play aggressively.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One-on-one game as a duel who squeezes someone, crushes their aggression, playing a wide range of hands constantly pressing on the opponent trying to bluff him to fold the card ... very dynamic.

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello when you are in a heads up, the ideal would be to go with an Ace or a K so to have a minimum insurance to have a high card if no one hits a card on the table, I think it is the most profitable. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

B

bigjay2007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree not to play safe, but heads up requires a significant amount of play before you are truly comfortable. Its easy to get trapped, but also easy to take a few pots with a little aggressive play. I'm liking the heads up more and more lately, i just wish it was at the end of a few tourneys. LOL

A

Ametist17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very much like games in private! I quickly rozpoznat the opponent as far as he is good!)) And then pokazy to him, everything that I am able to do!))

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order to play well this mode you need to know a lot

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best kind of play for heads up would be play more aggressive but if against loose players raise all-in once you have a hand you think can top your opponent.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Extremely aggressive))) It is moral to crush the enemy, show advantage over him, try to raise more often but without superfluous, and then you can get into big problems and lose. Experience ... play with spin and good experience)))

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play very aggressively in heads up, preflop raising like half the time, with a lot of min raises to try to get some info on where I am in the hand. Although this strategy may not be the best it can pay off when you get smooth called with a weak hand and then hit a monster (2 pair/ 3 of a kind and your opponent has a medium strength hand.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have to be agro for sure, otherwise you will be blinded out waiting for a hand to hit the flop. Learn to bluff in good spots and don't be afraid to call down to the river with A high against an agro maniac

Y

Yura Nabok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggressive line is the key. Also, you need to study push fold charts in order to understand the dynamics of your hands.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUKO MTT's on PS were probably the best and most fun forms of HU, but PS decided to kill the fun and bin these MTT's.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all depends on the game stile of your opponent, aggression in HU is a key to sucess in most cases, but you musn't forget for that moment like check-raise.

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The key to heads up play is almost the same as playing full ring, in that you have to adjust your playing style for different opponents. Set traps for more aggressive players and be aggressive bs passive. Widen your range for sure and see a lot of flops!

M

mukkkkt

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Smart aggression is key. Don't be reckless or they will catch on. Learn when to fold. You don't have to win every pot that you cbet. Sometimes they will have that Ace. Learn what hands to represent and when to find that triple barrel. Main thing for me is not to get scared if I lose money. You have to keep your nerve up and not start playing really scared and passive. If you can't do it, then stop HU and go to 6max or full ring for a while. Also, I find that you will generally find out how they play based on if they fold a lot or call a lot in the first 10 hands, sometimes 5! Seriously, it is pretty much always like that for me at the micro stakes!Keep up the grind :)