antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am not so good with HU play but I really know that you have to play with a lot of aggressiveness toward your opponent , play with his weaknesses , make the best use of the position , play a wide range of cards . Be ready to bluff when the opponent is weak or when the cards you get are not so good by 3betting , bluff the board when you feel there good chances to make him fold especially if your stack is big . Be prepared to get it all in with PP and other cards .

D

Daniljev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tried agressive play, didn't pay off, best part is it payed until had week hands and lost finally all with actually strong hands

there are disappointments in life =) But this does not mean that the tactics wrong

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I preffer to play just good hands,in general i dont like an agressive style of playing,so be patient and play when you have good cards and get maximum from that hand.

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should be aggressive, and play many hands. For example i use a big raise on small blind When i play hu with weak players. If i play with strong player, i often use slow play. But better to do a raise for exclude random hands.

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play aggressively. If you hit a pair on the flop you're very likely to have the best hand. Play the almost every hand you get in position and raise 90% of the times preflop. These are some general things I think about when playing HU, but as always you need to get a good read on your opponent and adjust your game to that.

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in the high hand, try to steal the pot when the opponent is uncertain.

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love the little heads-up tournaments for 256 people. He won several times but then somehow tired. single heads-ups played minus. I can not explain why

YuriNepo

YuriNepo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression is undoubtedly important, but you must have a game system. That is, you have to determine for themselves what hands to go to the bank, after raising the enemy. In general, enough for me about 10-15 hands in order to understand how to play the enemy and determine the very system of the game.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mistake is to play many hands and cautiously. Big mistake is to play safe.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads Up hyper turbo horosh.Po for me very much as I learned a lot about how to win it.

Radi

Radi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggression is undoubtedly important, but you must have a game system. That is, you have to determine for themselves what hands to go to the bank, after raising the enemy. In general, enough for me about 10-15 hands in order to understand how to play the enemy and determine the very system of the game.

Well said, you need just a few hands to understand the others player style.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Well said, you need just a few hands to understand the others player style.

You have to, because you are starting with equal stacks! Otherwise, until you adapt your strategy, the opponent will be far away from your range of counter attack ...

NBDownOng

NBDownOng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Look here

Best tips for you are make friends with other heads up players, its gonna improve your game and study as much as you play, it helps for me. Good luck at tables and hope to play against you some day :) :cool:

NBDownOng

NBDownOng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First and the most important is to figure out what type of player is your opponent and than u can play opposite and hes yours

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I'm playing only SnG 9p turbo, and looking at my stats I realized that when I reach heads up I end up winning more in first than in second, 60% of the times I manage to win the heads up, its not that great but it really makes up for the times I don't win.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is the best strategy to play a HU how should I behave to the opponent does not realize that I will be nervous?

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that heads up you need to play aggressively , it affects a lot !!! tight player is likely to lose...:)

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play more hands, play aggresive but it is necessary balance
otherwise you will be exploited

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tried agressive play, didn't pay off, best part is it payed until had week hands and lost finally all with actually strong hands

It maybe just was a down streak? How many hands (HUs) you have played?

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up is a very unique situation, and I think that aggression plays its hole very well here, cause the odds for both sides really depends on the community cards. I watched a video of Daniel Negreanu heads up against his ex girlfriend, and the skill really made part of the game, not needed to mention he probably made her feel so bad playing that table. There are lot of guides telling you to play very loosely and play some mediocre hands, but be careful cause the same way that hand can lead you to win, it can also lead you to lose the first place (let's be ambicious and try to look for the best place haha). In my opinion, the flop will surely determine who is probably the winner of one hand, although there are other 2 cards to come, if someone doesnt hit the flop and gets bet, he'll probably fold it even if it was KQ on a flop like T66, cause even if the bet from the other player could be a bluff, it's not worth to put more money into it.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
husngs.com has some great free hu training videos-turbos, hypers, cash, jackpot, and deep

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion , aggressive poker most often works in HU. Key thought is to remember, most hands miss the flop most of the time in HU.

DallaS

DallaS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is absolutely necessary to play aggressively. We also need to make decisions, at least some (which the enemy takes)

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play, not mine. I will continue to MTT and Sit & GO