SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I wanted to share with you my ELO rating as its pretty decent I think. Before you all jump in, yes I'm totally aware that its a small sample. 200 games, so probably isn't representative yet.

Any way beyond this I wondered if anyone else would share there spin and go ELO ratings and we can chat generally about this type of game. For me its quick poker when I don't have time to play a full game. Plus of course I use the daily freebie from GG. This is probably half my games.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-21 142745.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-21 142745.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 54
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Nice idea!

Somehow volume plays a lot on this one, no? Or is it capped at some point/amount of games?

My rating only bases on the daily freebies and I haven't played in a while due to work. 😵

Screenshot 2023 06 21 15 44 26 37 4a3d5be43d9fc48d989b04c90c754760

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have a number of thoughts on this type of game.

Firstly I'm kind of intrigued my the ELO system of ranking. Most of the 'best' players only have 335/34% Top finishes. This cant be profitable right. Once the I believe 11% rake is factored in. At least it is 11% at 0.25 games.

Almost no ones % adds up to 100%. Sometimes I've noticed its 98% as it seems to round down each time? For example currently my % is actually 40.5%/33.5%/26%

Apparently the extra points you get get lower as you are higher ranked and face lower ranked opponents, surely this would mean that if no new players were added, then all the scores would end up fairly similar?? Seems odd to me.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice idea!

Somehow volume plays a lot on this one, no? Or is it capped at some point/amount of games?

My rating only bases on the daily freebies and I haven't played in a while due to work. 😵

View attachment 335773
Wow this is very impressive too Andy. I've rarely seen a bottom 3rd as low as 14%! :)

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Nice idea!

View attachment 335773
I only play 6 seater, so will chat as if this is the norm.

As far as I understand it, you get Positive points for 1st and 2nd, then negative but sometimes 0 for 3rd, and increasing minus points for 4th-6th. However they are based somewhat on the ratings of the players you play against. So as a D ranked player, who wins a game, you should get more points for that win if you played 2xA, 2xB and 1 C, than if you played 2 unranked, 2xE and 1xB players.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Top Finish (40%) is very good! I play this format a little bit, i'm in category D. I think that GG Poker's methodology should be interesting with different servers/rooms for you to have the opportunity to play higher levels with players of your level. As in football, the game by divisions (First, second, third and fourth divisions).

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Most of the 'best' players only have 335/34% Top finishes. This cant be profitable right. Once the I believe 11% rake is factored in. At least it is 11% at 0.25 games.
I agree too! The Grand Master has 21 million (35% Top finish) in earnings and just plays that format, being that the highest buy-in is $200.

This must be some scheme. :ROFLMAO:

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't really like Spin & Goes, I have a rating of 2000 and then all the games are at low limits and about 100 have been played no more

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My ranking is also based only on the daily freebies, but after all what do I get out of it? 🤔🤪😁

GG

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a badge like the :2s4::2s4:, :3s4::3s4: badges on pokerstars.
It can be an indicator that someone is more on the lucky side or not.
A guy that crushes aggressively playing those games and is in the top 3 places when there are 3 places paid gets better rewards on this ELO.
But if you run bad with your coin flips, and for sure there are a lot on these short staked games, you will never come up on D or C.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My ranking is also based only on the daily freebies, but after all what do I get out of it? 🤔🤪😁

View attachment 337035
Hey @Gritz18 Thanks for sharing, I don't think I saw you had shared yours too!!

Just revisting this post.....as I wanted to check out @Andyreas stats again. Since I saw his, I've been determined to improve mine too!! Haha.

I'm working on lowering my 5/6th places and improving my other numbers.
Recently I went down to 39% Top 2, but I'm back up to an improved 41%. bottom finishes have lowered from 26% to 23%. Andys 14% is still a long long way off.

Currently I'm on 261 games total.....I will update my ELO at 300 games!!

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I wanted to share with you my ELO rating as its pretty decent I think. Before you all jump in, yes I'm totally aware that its a small sample. 200 games, so probably isn't representative yet.

Any way beyond this I wondered if anyone else would share there Spin and go ELO ratings and we can chat generally about this type of game. For me its quick poker when I don't have time to play a full game. Plus of course I use the daily freebie from GG. This is probably half my games.
You beat me by 1 percent:D
But recently I had so many bad beats...🙄
But it was freebies so I'm fine with it.
Don't understand why it still says class C though...
Screenshot 2023 08 04 19 54 35 203 comnsuspokerprodggpcom edit

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some tips to improve if anyone is interested.

1) Play way way tighter than you think you should. And also very aggressive. All in should be almost the only move you make unless trapping.
2) Aim to not risk your stack at all in the first 2/3 levels.
3) Do not call for a likely flip almost ever.
4) Do not worry if you end up with 1/2BBs only
5) Check out all other players. There are a lot of players with 38/40/21 type stats. These players will not risk their chips early, so you can be more aggressive from button and Sml blind.
Many player are losing players too. NEVER ever ever bluff these players. Do work out which of these players are too passive and you can try and limp against them. They will fold too frequently when you raise the turn,

Just some thoughts. Of course I am only playing the very low limits here. I'm sure this strat is too basic if you start to play higher up!

Anyone have anything to add, or thoughts on my strategy?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You beat me by 1 percent:D
But recently I had so many bad beats...🙄
Don't understand why it still says class C
View attachment 339321
Once you get the rating it can never be lost!! No matter how bad the downswing. This is another reason to check all the players stats, cos you may find a B but they are actually on points for a C. In which case maybe they are playing badly in comparison to what you expect!!

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only played spin n go when I created an account and there was a promotion "honeymoon" there was a challenge to play 50 games of spin n go, and one more day I had to play a game and get a x5 multiplier, god it was hard, I played 4 tables and the multiplier never turned out to be x5, very sad.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, I've made it to 300 games, and although I did reach the dizzy heights of 41% 1st, I couldn't maintain it, so there is almost no change on my stats.

I've managed to lower the times I finish in the bottom 2 by 1 %, This 1% has moved to the middle 2!! I'm actually quite happy to have maintained my 40% here so that's a positive.
I've been playing a few more recently as I don't really have as much time at the moment, so it will have to do as my daily poker fix.
ELO 300

So for my next 100 games I'd like to try and get to 2600 points and improve by at least 1% again. I think the easiest will be to remove a % from the bottom 2 finishes!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was looking at the first place on the ELO leaderboard and he has over 53 million in earnings playing only Spin & Go, being that, the biggest spin is 200 dollars. It is possible?

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I was looking at the first place on the ELO leaderboard and he has over 53 million in earnings playing only Spin & Go, being that, the biggest spin is 200 dollars. It is possible?
It’s does sound far fetched doesn’t it…..can even at the higher buy ins, how many games can be played per day to therefore have that many results.

Especially considering you have to play 3X that in actual games to account for losses too!
Crazy!!

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play from the daily gift ticket, but because of this, a little lightly, which unfortunately comes at the expense of effectiveness. 😌
But the gift ticket option is a great thing from GGPoker.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well, I would assume the numbers are correct. At least it's not completely impossible.

Although the wins are actually payouts, so not deducted by buyins. He played 155k games, assuming all 200$ spins, he payed about 31m buyins, but that would still leave him with about 22m actual wins. 😱

If I plugin the probability of spins and payouts and just assume his distribution of top/middle/bottom is the same for all multiplicators, I "only" come up with payouts of 29m which is still quite far from the 53m.

So either there were games before the ELO rating and count of games were up (but wins already counted) or he is quite successful at crushing the higher multiplicator games.

Also the other top players are somewhat in line with the numbers:
#2 only played 10k games and has 6m of payouts, #3 played 70k games with 15m of payouts.

Quite the Spin and Gold crushers there. ,😂

Edit: maybe he also plays with "insurance" and that counts as "Win" too, that would explain the big gap. Does anyone know? (although I cannot imagine he does because it's clearly -EV.)

Last edited:
SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Although the wins are actually payouts, so not deducted by buyins. He played 155k games, assuming all 200$ spins, he payed about 31m buyins, but that would still leave him with about 22m actual wins. 😱

If I plugin the probability of spins and payouts and just assume his distribution of top/middle/bottom is the same for all multiplicators, I "only" come up with payouts of 29m which is still quite far from the 53m.

So either there were games before the ELO rating and count of games were up (but wins already counted) or he is quite successful at crushing the higher multiplicator games.
I woukd assume that too Andy. But these kind of freakish stats are what make people believe it to be fake, or bot infested or whatever.
For me I just happily accept it’s real and also that it doesn’t matter as I won’t be playing those levels ever! 🤣

Last edited:
J

Jaiymo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips

Any way beyond this I wondered if anyone else would share there Spin and go ELO ratings and we can chat generally about this type of game. For me its quick poker when I don't have time to play a full game. Plus of course I use the daily freebie from GG. This is probably half my games.
Does it affect anything?

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am also happy with my Top1 rate here, playing most time the "freebies", but I am not sure whether I can play it "winning money" ... too often the 50 Cent

Last edited:
G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Well, I would assume the numbers are correct. At least it's not completely impossible.

Edit: maybe he also plays with "insurance" and that counts as "Win" too, that would explain the big gap. Does anyone know? (although I cannot imagine he does because it's clearly -EV.)
Might I add the cashback option in the Spin &gold also comes into account .