Freerolls Good or bad practice?

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
they are very useful for beginners to know about cash games. It also gives them the opportunity to play free and learn how to play in tournaments when real cash is involved

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends how you see it, they seem to me the best option to win when you just started or when things did not go well and touch to start again. In the same way that the players who are in micro limits can see them as a benefit that can be obtained without investing anything, then what is strategy and analysis are not very useful, because being free it does not represent the same for everyone and many play alone to have fun without any interest in trying to be a good player. Ultimately I would use them to try to add dollars, not as a measure of my game beyond trying to always play my best.

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay study and TAG

i find fr have some statistic analysis benefits. But the most players play bingo rather than poker. Ups and downs i guess. What do u all think ?

The best way to beat bingo is to play steady and tight and aggressive or TAG. That’s the only way, for beginners anyway, to beat the other players consistently.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I played today in the cardschat freeroll I was very impressed how nice everyone played and I feel I learned a lot even if I didn't get a good result. It felt like a cash tournament for me.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel that they are good practice especially in the later stages of the tournament when stakes on the line and bragging rights.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with freerolls. Can be really good for building a bankroll and helping you play for money with out putting any at risk. Some freerolls are better than others...

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat really makes a lot of freerolls in different poker rooms, contributing to the development of poker in the world.

KatamaranUA

KatamaranUA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
freerolls helped me to build bankrolls many times.
you just need to distinguish between playing there and in real money tournaments

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course a freeroll is not really poker. but for a beginner this is a good opportunity to get a skill without losing a lot of money

G

GAPete159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree on this one. If you play super tight it will be difficult for you to survive the mid game. You just need find the spots when entering an all-in battle. You can shove with good hands in a late position with 1 or 2 limpers only. You cannot shove even with good hands if the pot is raised and there are so many callers. Basically, you would want a spot that you have 1 or 2 opponent in an all-in battle. Jusy need to be patient and dont rush in early bingos.
I agree!! Any practice is good. Just do not learn bad habits.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually freerolls are bad if you pick up the bad habits of some maniacs. You can observe as a newbie and learn the things and situations to avoid, like for exemple building a healthy stack and start playing reckless, and see your stack melting like spring snow :)

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a good way to build a bankroll but not great practice because people go all in to often

bekbollkz

bekbollkz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, freerolls are great. Firstly, you will gain experience, and secondly, this is a good bankroll, if, of course, you win. But no one plays losing, everyone wants to win))))

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The freerols are very good, you can learn and study with them without spending money and if you do well you can still win some money to take chances in other tournaments.
It's really good, I have learned a lot, both in my game, how to control anxiety and the good mind

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are tournaments in which you can win quite an impressive bankroll without using your own funds, if you are lucky

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the structure of the FR, i dont play FR with thousands of players, this is in my opinion not to learn poker, like other already wrote it is bingo. I am looking forward to play in the CC Freerolls hand hope that there will be not this bingo :)

Beachnick42

Beachnick42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to think freerolls were bad examples, bad lessons, teach bad habits, and give bad advice...However like one Post said, it depends on how you look at them? Although many player play freerolls like a bingo match, you shouldn't fallow in their footsteps. Play tight, let everyone bet your hands, and its not your job to knock players out, its your job to survive. Freeroll fields shrink very quickly, and your ITM rather quickly.

tomoha321

tomoha321

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly without losing money and getting a little practice at the same time, a great idea

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are good practice. I believe that any game is practice.
Freerolls are played by the same players. It is unlikely that you will see other players at the cash table.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's of course good for practice. Because it's still for real money.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any free training is very good, for example, you perfectly learn how to collect good combinations in order to beat weak players, and more importantly, you teach patience without which you cannot in poker)

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
True @ the bingo part to some extent but it still makes great practice... Cardschat freerolls are probably the best i've played (and i'm not just saying that to be nice to Cardschat) so you should participate in the forum and hopefully aspire to and succeed in joining the club..... when others are playing bingo, u just play solid, its advantageous to you when they play like that.

Yeah looking forward to playing in those. I play them now and again. I think it helps just seeing match-ups or practising parts of your game.

Plus a small chance to boost your bankroll isn't a bad thing.

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think playing freeroll is bad, it's an opportunity to win prizes with cost 0. Then you have to try to get something from them. But to look very deeply at the game that if I see it wrong. Not everyone will take it the same way so I don't think it's good or interesting to analyze the game itself much.

Pawlowski

Pawlowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s good considering no investment. But for game improvement is quite poor, only if you go close to final table you will see poker players (in general).

Freeroll Passwords