Freerolls Good or bad practice?

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The huge numbers freerolls are very boring.
Make your 65 posts here and join in the freerolls Cardschat offer.The players are quality, and the numbers much smaller.You will also find the community very friendly and helpful to new participants.:D

Believe me you, I am sure trying to. I am looking very forward to the cardschat FR. I can only imagine the conversation at the very least would be existing there lol. But I must wait for my 65 post. shouldnt be all that much larger, so many good posts in here to get my 2 cents in on

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some freeroll like the one in CC are good for practice.

B

bengan95

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ye its very much bingo in early stages :p
fields so big on free rolls

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well free rolls good or bad requires a strategy all of its own the deeper you go in them the more you will see good poker play without so much the bingo affect. i was in a fr years ago i dont even remember the site. this player with a big stack came to the table and was going all in every hand he knocked ppl out right and left and doubled me i had enough chips to set there and chat with him. i was able to ask him why he was playing that way (like a donk). he told me that since it was a fr he would play with this strategy and had done that many times before. so i asked him how good had he ever finished playing that way and he told me 11th place is the best he had ever done with going all in every hand. afterwords i thought to myself what a donk but it made me laugh and it has stuck in my mind.

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it would seem it is deep practice one way or another. If u can make it deep into the FR then u can actually play some real poker.

carloskmargo

carloskmargo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are good for people who have no bankroll for poker and go step by learning basic strategies, which do not advise on the free is to do bluffs because they always or most of the time you will pay, plus you do without putting money in your pocket.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to build a bankroll with no risk
Can be Bad if you base your strategy on them although the lower buyins sometimes up to $10 the players can be just as bad

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know why peeps get upset about "bingo" - if villians want to get it in bad against you ....embrace it - then you can spend your winning somewhere where people "respect your bets"

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I for myself found out , that if I play lots of freerolls, my poker is getting worst , cause I `m not able to concentrate on the game and start donking around.
good luck on and off the felts

D

dukeblue

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in several freerolls a week and it has its ups and downs to it. I do feel like playing them has helped allowed me to pick out different types of players better and taught me some patience to deal with the bingo players. Lets face it they are a part of the game now and you just have to be patient and wait to double up on them

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free Rolls are great practice because you can see many more hands than you would in a tournament. However you have to realize that free rolls are not o na parallel level to cash tourneys. so you really have to change gears also free rolls are basically bingo no matter how ell you play you have to get very lucky to win one

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play the CardsChat freerolls here, it´s a good practice.
Many decent and good players in the field!

AWW_DIN

AWW_DIN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play the CardsChat freerolls here, it´s a good practice.
Many decent and good players in the field!

As ive stated many times before, I love to participate in these FR but have not been given the opportunity yet. I am looking forward to them and hope next time i apply im excepted

C

CactusCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls have their place for new poker players. I started playing poker this summer on Sportsbetting.ag without depositing, and freerolls were how I got my first 14 bucks. I definitely spent way too much time on them, but I learned worthwhile things frmo them.

It is bingo poker at first. I absolutely agree. But believe it or not, the endgame pretty closely resembles that of a real tourney. You see the same player tendencies: Players tightening up on the bubble, with the aggressive players running over everyone. The time invested isn't meaningless: everyone spent 2 hours getting to that point. So they play seriously. Freerolls let you develop the bubble play aspect of your tourney game, before you go off to a $50k GTD.

Freerolls serve as a counterpoint to real tournaments. In a freeroll, you can just wait for good hands and shove, chances are you will get a caller with 10 high. If you can survive a few all-ins, you're in the money.

But you can't play a real tourney like that. If the cards don't come and you dwindle down to a short stack, your fate is no longer entirely in your hands. With the speed and progression of the blinds and antes, you'll pick up AK or AQ, or 99 or 1010, go all in, and lose to a random hand. And you bust.

So freerolls teach you that to make deep runs, you have to chip up well before the bubble. That means you have to find ways to take blinds and take pots postflop when you'd otherwise just fold.

Also, I was a huge nit in cash games. I wouldn't even complete with Kj out of the small blind sometimes. But freerolls were the place where I started to know what it was like to raise up hands like J7s, then following up with a c-bet when the caller who has a small pocket pair doesn't hit his set.

I realized a fundamental principle of poker: At the times where we're all equally card dead, whoever persuasively represents that they have big hands is the one who wins all the chips. Before, I was always sure that none of my bluffs would ever get through. But seeing the c-bet (learned from reading Cardschat!), and the properly judged double barrel, actually work thrilled me.

This is something that opened my eyes up to cash game play. I only play a single table at 1c/2c and 2c/4c microstakes at Sportsbetting.ag. If I feel players are getting timid or people are just halfheartedly limping, I will ramp it up, and have five successive hands where I pick up 50c each with mediocre hands. That's a virtual buy in right there. A few months ago, I wouldn't dare do this in a full ring game.

So I think a valuable thing freerolls can offer to the new poker player is the confidence to go beyond playing your hole cards in a riskless environment.

Last edited:
bracadelija

bracadelija

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you're right just so just that I feel that I can no longer play them all and I'm worse. At the beginning there were ok. But from time and spoil!

I for myself found out , that if I play lots of freerolls, my poker is getting worst , cause I `m not able to concentrate on the game and start donking around.
good luck on and off the felts

Yes, you're right just so just that I feel that I can no longer play them all and I'm worse. At the beginning there were ok. But from time and spoil!

And this is a nice way, like the . It is essential to the game itself and not whether defeated or dropped. And when you bust out to be the game with the right to a meaningful game instead of the garbage and the donkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean there are great freerolls, that people actually take seriously, and make it worth it to play. On the winning network the bingo is for the first hour or so and then there is some sort of poker being played. I enjoy a good freeroll with a good prize pool and good players playing for it. For the most part if the prize is something not that much value, then it is not worth it to play...

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a great practice for beginners in poker!

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love freerolls, lots of lotto in the game. Luck & Variance too. Always fun!!

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerols are difficult to play. Many players downplay it by not losing money, so it becomes difficult to put your skills to use. Perhaps Cardchat freerols are the best to play because they have a good cash prize and you face players wanting to learn and compete. :)

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Cardschat freeroll is the best. There are great players here.
And I learned a lot here.

TILTisEV

TILTisEV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to practice and create bankroll

freeroll is a good incentive from create a bankroll ande learn moves to advance a new stakes.

TILTisEV

TILTisEV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerols are difficult to play. Many players downplay it by not losing money, so it becomes difficult to put your skills to use. Perhaps Cardchat freerols are the best to play because they have a good cash prize and you face players wanting to learn and compete. :)
Not difficult, is a good idea for practice new moves and strategy an create your bankroll without risks and climb new stakes in your poker player race.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both freerolls and paid games we always play the same way ...:deal:

Freeroll Passwords