Freeroll strategy

O

Olvia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the freeroll, as in other tournaments, you need to find fish at the table. If you did not find it, then fish is you

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Join early to mid. You have a better chance of building your stack. Late joining means you have to build your stack with most of the better players

Scottk87

Scottk87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I have found to work, is suited connectors are great hands to work with as they play well multiway, and a lot of times you will be facing 2-5 all in’s it seems. Pocket pairs are great, but they lose a lot of value the more people in the pot, and if there is 3 people all in, your aces aren’t a big favourite anymore. So if you are facing one all in, I say shop it with your big pocket pairs, if against 2 or more, the thought of folding has to cross your mind. You will always have a chance to lose with your big hands, so choose wisely. But if you busy, it’s not a big deal, as it’s not costing you anything anyway. That seems to have helped me out.

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the beginning I wait for a good hand, if I bet 3BB with a good hand and I must see the flop, I check, call or rise, if I see the set, straight or flush i bet in the amount of the bank, the main thing is not to rush and at the same time to collect chips at the same time, do not bluff, because it's a risk and you do not see what is in the hands of the opponent, when I go to the prize fund I take risks and go all in to get into 9 players

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends, are we talking ACR freerolls or are we talking Cards Chat freerolls?

If I am playing a ACR all in donkament I simply wait for a premium hand then shove. I usually get at least one caller if not more. At that point I hope my hand hold up. If it does I stack up. If it doesn't there is another freeroll right around the corner. After a few stack ups like this I will play my normal game of poker.

If we are talking Cards Chat freerolls I will try to be on my A game. Sometimes the Cards Chat freerolls can be a rumble tumble all in shove fest through the first few levels, but they are usually fun games were people actually are playing poker.

K

Kargenou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, after read all of this opinions I can say for sure that freeroll is a freeroll, I'm so angry on those donkeys allins preflop but I will do my own tactict, I will wait for AA, KK, QQ or AK and then allin also, thanks to all of you guys for sharing your own opinions :)

K

Kargenou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw, it's really not a way to be in winners ;p it's not so smart mate :), thank you

MIljanho

MIljanho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bypass aggressive players

You need to skip play with agresive players on start of tournament and after that you need some lucky allins.

A

Amie McMahon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree by waiting till it reaches a little bit of a late registration. Most poker sites allow you yonder what the highest chip leader has so you can have a good idea where you stand when you decid to enter

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they key to beat huge field freerolls with 10k players is simple:

Dont waste your time playing them

K

Kargenou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It will be my last reply here, today I was playing 10$ freeroll on pokerstars, I was 181, I was so close to be 90 :( but as always I did bad all in, soon I will show you my game where I am in cash place :), really thx for sharing your opinions :*

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your first problem is you should never play a tournament with 10k entrants unless theres a million dollars up for grabs.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you do not play AK hands, what kind of hands do you want to open? AA and KK will come very rarely. I think you will have to risk such hands as AK. In freerolls there are no specific tactics. Just play and have fun with the game.

zulemochka

zulemochka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all of you,
I'm asking you about strategy on freeroll tournament when you are competiting with 10k players. The point is what should I do when some not so smart players play all in at the beggining and I don't want to risk my participation in tournament even with AK hand.
It's certainly right, but you know it's poker. Better then do not play at all. I, too, when I play a freeroll, there are almost always players who go vabank with any hand. And I sit down until I catch a good hand. And in your case, I would call.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using CardsChat mobile app

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play pokerstars league the most important thing is to survive, to get in points. You got two ways to do that. Tight at beginning, and wait for premium cards and play from late positions, and try to see flop if’s not expensive, or you can try bingo, with every card you have go all in

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep folding until you get a good hand is what I usually do in these free rolls. Often though I get impatient and all in with not exactly that good cards and get out of the tourney :\

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament patiently waiting, playing premium hands and everything...

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On free rolls you need to survive the initial stage, when many play with garbage and many take off, choose only 10-12% of hands and play only on the map, bluff will not help.Be able to stop and drop a good hand if you do not get into the board - it's difficult, you need to learn this

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tactic is avoiding playing the tournament for the first 20 minutes, In the first 20 minutes, most of the players play all in almost every hand.

BigRedRooster

BigRedRooster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My tactic is avoiding playing the tournament for the first 20 minutes, In the first 20 minutes, most of the players play all in almost every hand.

Likewise. I only play them for practice, I generally fold if someone goes all in preflop early stages no matter the hand. The all inners soon go out or slow down. If you watch the progress make, whilst they might make initial wins, they soon fall or bust out a little further in when the better players call or raise them and they are too reckless. I just play my good hands and buy my look into a flop if I can get it cheap. I prefer suited connectors to anything early in the game. It requires patience, but I get further and further each time, Got 32nd the other day playing like this. Whilst only a whole 0.01 prize, it's the morale victory that wins it for me, confidence in our game play is invalueble for any player.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you'll find stupid players during the entire tournament, entering with bad hands. AK are good cards to enter allin preflop, but try not to do that with many players at once.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well , at the beginning of a tournament I wouldn't go all in most of the times (except if I am on tilt , that's another discussion ) , only if I have 12 blinds or less and with premium hands , looking for the best possible position and especially the best possible pocket pair , that woiuld be preferable imo :) Ofcource the less chips I have when a freeroll begins the more hands I would go all in , especially if it's turbo .

E

effece

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not have a very defined strategy. at the beginning I do not enter a hand unless I have a pair or this one in the blind, everything depends on the position and how cheap it is. in the 2nd phase, I extend the range of hands, but I still do not enter if the amount of chips commits my pot. in final face I close the ranks and play only premiuns or pairs. and most important PATIENCE, a lot of patience.

L

Luvulongtime99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I have noticed once you get deep in a freeroll is min raising with AA sure does induce others to go all in. I guess they think your weak. Has worked out pretty well. Also if your deep really consider how many BB you have and what hand you raising with in certain positions.