really tight and really aggressive
tight is right

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's a freeroll with a lot of people I have no good strategy ...so maybe I'll learn something on this thread

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm disagree with phrase "Do not bluff. Ever." because there are freerolls that have a few participants and game is pretty smart starting from the first minutes. So if you raise on preflop and get nothing on flop but there is high card on board then you should make a bet even when you missmatched. I think the opponents will fold pretty often.

K

Kombateh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Don't

People tend to go in with everyhand on freeroll, avoid to play along with them cause you gonna loose your chip easly

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning, there is no good strategy if caught good cards, throw an all in, lose, well, okay, at the end of play carefully

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shove with premium hands early.. some fish will call.. they may get lucky .. but double up then tighten up

12345djon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in freerolls, just like in any tournament, I do not have a special strategy for them, I can play more freely.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to go in there....and just jam all in ….On everything all the time.

So when it comes to the non CC freerolls my strategy is simple...I can play my game but I can also take chances because the only thing that is invested in these things are time. I know Im going to be facing more donks then normal so Im not going to play super tight in hopes to make a run deep because usually once you get that major hand it gets punch in the mouth my 6-10 os. I try to build early so I can coast late and then start playing when it breaks the top 100. Depending on where the payouts are , the moment I'm ITM im coming for chips because that's when all the short stacks just start donking off their chips.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep an eye on the players at the tables. In different poker rooms there are differences in the styles of the game. Somewhere you will see more free-style players, somewhere more adequate players, somewhere completely irresponsible (yes, it happens). There are a lot of tips in the subject, but not everyone will work everywhere. Adapt. Play more tournaments, gain experience.

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great, now that I know everyone's strategy I am sure to win!

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why is the strategy for freerolls is different from the strategy for a regular tournament? my strategy is no different, tight aggressive is my strategy for all events)

beacuse of the other players tendency to call everything and play aggressive

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i find myself playing wreckless because i think i don't have anything invested. then when i lose i realize how much time i invested for nothing

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
in my personal case I define the strategy to use in freerolls depending on the type of freeroll, for example in the Jackpot freerolls, many people are enrolled and many of these people go all-in with any hand ... so I take a few minutes to observe the game form of my opponents and when I enter a spot I do it aggressively ... and on the other hand in the Cardschat freerolls about 120 people register, and these players have more knowledge of poker and play a lot better, for this reason you have to choose very well the spot where I'm going to enter ...!

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
1.Stay tight, avoid all ins unless you have strong hands.
2.If stacks are deep, overlimp often to see cheap flops.
3.Do not bluff. Ever. It's easy to blow away your stack by attempting to bluff freerollers whom you have no fold equity against.
4. Grit your teeth and push on. You won't win every freeroll but you certainly can get far using just these tips.

That number 3 tip is so good man ,i bluffed when i was ini 3rd place and only 30 players remained , i ended up wasting 2h of my time for nothing , all my stack gone .

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay very tight first few levels. Then when blinds and antes get bigger you have to steal the blinds occasionally. If you only wait for premium hands you will get blinded out a big percentage of the time. Tight in the beginning and looser toward the middle. Then really tight again near the bubble. A few hands after the bubble loosen up again and try to really build a stack to carry you into the final table.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
My favorite strategy is to wait until Canadians give me their stacks.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good strategy game in freerolls is not playing in freerolls:)

It is better to make a deposit and play in tournaments with a small buy-in

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to double up as soon as possible. If you win you will be in an advantegous position early on and you can play of that. If you lose you won't be wasting any time.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the best hands at the beginning and middle stages, then play a wider range.
less bluff - it will not give the expected result. There are many recreational players who are worth believing, as they play the entire 100% range and they can have all the rubbish that lies on each of the auction streets.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always found it very difficult to win free, and the times I always stayed in better possession was when I played until the middle of the tournament with only value cards

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bring lots of luck, stay tight, dont bluff (but so much fun when it works!)... Repeat if necessary :)