choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi I'm Virat from Glasgow, Scotland - this is my post first so forgive me if I don't know what I'm doing (go easy on me!)

I was just wondering does anyone think, particularly on the freerolls it's sometimes difficult & frustrating to play good poker(or your normal poker) because, especially at the start people just go all in with anything hoping to get lucky and 9 times out of 10 someone will and beat a much better hand against the odds?

Has anybody got any advice for helping me to negotiate through the early stages of freerolls to where people play a bit more like "standard" poker?

Thanks,

Virat

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Well It is frustrating some time, but it is poker in the end if you play your odds right you should be comfortable with that, other than don't attach to the results because it's something we can't control, focusing on your game with good odd know that even if the odd is 90%, 95% or 99% there will be still sometime when we will get bat beaten, and sometimes we believe that's only 1 or 2 times in life but the truth is that, that 1% or 2% are much more timer that we think in our head...

I hope this thought helps you somehow cause there are players like those who has their own fun and strategies and there is some beauty in that for the game because the game allows it, for me helps accept the fact that if I get a bat beat that's just isn't my tournament to win 😉

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi I'm Virat from Glasgow, Scotland - this is my post first so forgive me if I don't know what I'm doing (go easy on me!)

I was just wondering does anyone think, particularly on the Freerolls it's sometimes difficult & frustrating to play good poker(or your normal poker) because, especially at the start people just go all in with anything hoping to get lucky and 9 times out of 10 someone will and beat a much better hand against the odds?

Has anybody got any advice for helping me to negotiate through the early stages of freerolls to where people play a bit more like "standard" poker?

Thanks,

Virat
There are several adjustments that we must make in NOFOLDEM poker- the first is to think about multiway equities and how 1 pair hands do not win in these spots that often- Therefore we are not looking to get stacks in in these spots with one pair no extra equity- Ex we have AA board is Kd7d4h we want to have the Ad so that we can make a four card flush and we do not want to make a set with the Ad on the turn- Our V are not folding so we do not bluff our thin value bet but we do pile chips in with the nuts we can often over bet pot or shove 5x pot and be called by worse.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

I was just wondering does anyone think, particularly on the Freerolls it's sometimes difficult & frustrating to play good poker(or your normal poker) because, especially at the start people just go all in with anything hoping to get lucky and 9 times out of 10 someone will and beat a much better hand against the odds?

Thanks,

Virat
I'm only playing freerolls, I know how difficult it is, if I could give you a tip, it would be: Play less hands, the ones you can, in reality, right? Because the blinds go up so fast, we rarely get any opportunities. Knowing this, use the rest of your time to observe, looking carefully at the players, you shouldn't have too much difficulty identifying the weak ones, since they are the vast majority in freerolls, after that, it will be easier to choose hands against whom you will play, then what will remain is to wait for the best possible hand or even the best situation, it will not happen often, so when it does, extract as much as you can and wait for it to happen again, I believe that one of the best tools to play freeroll be patience.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi Virat,

I think this is a great question because we all know what you mean.

And, you will notice that there are less wild plays the deeper you get in freerolls.

Lets face it - AA can be beat by any other two cards - but this is rare.

It becomes less rare with more callers. It's hard to win with four or five players in the hand.

But still - at least 40% of the time AA will win the hand - and you get a very large stack - giving you more of a chance of winning the tournament.

Consider folding to bets that have your entire stack covered.

Playing tight should help you get to the final table.

Good luck !

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Thanks,

Virat
Hi :)
Welcome to our community.
Play only premium hands. Do not take an example from your opponents. I assure you, if you are patient and play with good cards, you will be able to quickly build a bankroll playing only freerolls.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Thanks,

Virat
Slow & steady wins the race Virat! :giggle:

Be patient & observant and choose spots where you know you are a strong favourite or have them trapped.

Use position and if you can peel speculative flops cheaply look for monsters but don’t get too sticky for big chunks of chips or all-in’s with mediocre, weak one-pair hands or flippy draws.

Those early stages are wild but can be a great & easy way to chip up by just biding your time and getting it in with a nutted hand.

How the cards fall after the fact is largely irrelevant as it is out of our control, as long as you’re making good decisions when the chips go in.

If it is a turbo or hyper we don’t have as much time to wait which is different but generally just patient and selecting the right moment.

Good luck! ;)

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should always keep in mind that in a free tournament there is not much level and that players will make many mistakes, one of them is to play many hands, that's why you should always play solid, and get a lot of profit from your best hands.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Slow & steady wins the race Virat! :giggle:

Be patient & observant and choose spots where you know you are a strong favourite or have them trapped.

Use position and if you can peel speculative flops cheaply look for monsters but don’t get too sticky for big chunks of chips or all-in’s with mediocre, weak one-pair hands or flippy draws.

Those early stages are wild but can be a great & easy way to chip up by just biding your time and getting it in with a nutted hand.

How the cards fall after the fact is largely irrelevant as it is out of our control, as long as you’re making good decisions when the chips go in.

If it is a turbo or hyper we don’t have as much time to wait which is different but generally just patient and selecting the right moment.

Good luck! ;)
cheers for your tips!

you should always keep in mind that in a free tournament there is not much level and that players will make many mistakes, one of them is to play many hands, that's why you should always play solid, and get a lot of profit from your best hands.
thanks for your tip!

Hi :)
Welcome to our community.
Play only premium hands. Do not take an example from your opponents. I assure you, if you are patient and play with good cards, you will be able to quickly build a bankroll playing only freerolls.
thanks for your tips!

Well It is frustrating some time, but it is poker in the end if you play your odds right you should be comfortable with that, other than don't attach to the results because it's something we can't control, focusing on your game with good odd know that even if the odd is 90%, 95% or 99% there will be still sometime when we will get bat beaten, and sometimes we believe that's only 1 or 2 times in life but the truth is that, that 1% or 2% are much more timer that we think in our head...

I hope this thought helps you somehow cause there are players like those who has their own fun and strategies and there is some beauty in that for the game because the game allows it, for me helps accept the fact that if I get a bat beat that's just isn't my tournament to win 😉
thanks for your tips!

There are several adjustments that we must make in NOFOLDEM poker- the first is to think about multiway equities and how 1 pair hands do not win in these spots that often- Therefore we are not looking to get stacks in in these spots with one pair no extra equity- Ex we have AA board is Kd7d4h we want to have the Ad so that we can make a four card flush and we do not want to make a set with the Ad on the turn- Our V are not folding so we do not bluff our thin value bet but we do pile chips in with the nuts we can often over bet pot or shove 5x pot and be called by worse.
thanks for your tip!

I'm only playing freerolls, I know how difficult it is, if I could give you a tip, it would be: Play less hands, the ones you can, in reality, right? Because the blinds go up so fast, we rarely get any opportunities. Knowing this, use the rest of your time to observe, looking carefully at the players, you shouldn't have too much difficulty identifying the weak ones, since they are the vast majority in freerolls, after that, it will be easier to choose hands against whom you will play, then what will remain is to wait for the best possible hand or even the best situation, it will not happen often, so when it does, extract as much as you can and wait for it to happen again, I believe that one of the best tools to play freeroll be patience.
thanks for your tip!

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Virat,

I think this is a great question because we all know what you mean.

And, you will notice that there are less wild plays the deeper you get in freerolls.

Lets face it - AA can be beat by any other two cards - but this is rare.

It becomes less rare with more callers. It's hard to win with four or five players in the hand.

But still - at least 40% of the time AA will win the hand - and you get a very large stack - giving you more of a chance of winning the tournament.

Consider folding to bets that have your entire stack covered.

Playing tight should help you get to the final table.

Good luck !
I tend to agree with your assessment however I have found by playing tight I do win a lot of hands but invariably they are small pots as the opponents catch on to my tight style and I win a lot of pre flops which get me the blinds but not too often do I win the river bets. In fact I kept record of the hands I played which were 60% favourites or better pre flop and although I won 50% of 200 hands played I did not win a tournament and only place ITM 3 times. out of 40 tournaments..

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to agree with your assessment however I have found by playing tight I do win a lot of hands but invariably they are small pots as the opponents catch on to my tight style and I win a lot of pre flops which get me the blinds but not too often do I win the river bets.
This is an important point, and especially if you play on a site like pokerstars, where HUDs are allowed, and many people use them. Its pretty easy to exploit someone, who is playing to tight, by not giving them action, when they want it ;)

1Payou

1Payou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You see this alot at the start of tourneys. My advice would be to have alot of patience. Only play your premium hands. You can afford to do this as the blinds are still low. As the game goes on and alot of the all-inners are weeded out, now the real poker begins.

max82nik

max82nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I only play freerolls, I know how hard it is, if I could give you some advice it would be: play fewer hands, the ones you can actually, right? Because the blinds are growing so fast, we rarely get any opportunities. Knowing this, use the rest of the time to watch, looking closely at the players, you should not have much difficulty identifying the weak ones, since the vast majority of them are in freerolls, then choosing hands will be easier. Who you play against, you just have to wait for the best possible hand or even the best situation, this will not happen often, so when this happens, extract as much as you can and wait for it to happen again, I I think that one of the best tools for playing a freeroll game is patience.
I am also following this strategy. This is the only way it should be. It's all right, my friend.

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I tend to agree with your assessment however I have found by playing tight I do win a lot of hands but invariably they are small pots as the opponents catch on to my tight style and I win a lot of pre flops which get me the blinds but not too often do I win the river bets. In fact I kept record of the hands I played which were 60% favourites or better pre flop and although I won 50% of 200 hands played I did not win a tournament and only place ITM 3 times. out of 40 tournaments..
cheers i've finished in the money quite a few times, but then something i play 3 or 4 at a time ahahah! I've got ADHD so im just always switched on and scanning the screen, but yeah tight and big when you've got the nuts! ;)

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You see this alot at the start of tourneys. My advice would be to have alot of patience. Only play your premium hands. You can afford to do this as the blinds are still low. As the game goes on and alot of the all-inners are weeded out, now the real poker begins.
aye but the blinds got up after 2minutes on the freerolls lol!

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
aye but the blinds got up after 2minutes on the freerolls lol!

I see a lot of those in this range at 888, I stopped participating, it's bingo, 11 stds for 2k players, you don't have the opportunity to develop the game, I recommend searching a lot for freerolls, I follow several pages myself, how much better to choose your games, the better your result will be.

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best hand beat always 2 nd best hand. There is no guide. 😄📱.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
friend, I have been playing card chat freerolls for about half a year, I want to tell you that very good players with a very good game have gathered here, and I am glad that I play with them at the same table

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
friend, I have been playing card chat freerolls for about half a year, I want to tell you that very good players with a very good game have gathered here, and I am glad that I play with them at the same table

max82nik

max82nik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
There are a few amendments we should make to NOFOLDEM poker. First, we need to think about multilateral equity and the fact that hands with one pair often don't win in these situations. additional equity- For example, we have an AA KD7D4h board, we want to have ads so we can collect a four-card flash and we don't want to do a set with ads on the turn- our V doesn't fold, so we don't bluff with our subtle veil bet, but we bet chips with nuts, we can often overbet the pot or trigger a 5x pot and we'll be equalized by the worst bet.
You're all right... +

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No matter how players play, the main thing is to play with a strong hand and you will win free tournaments

valduer

valduer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No matter how players play, the main thing is to play with a strong hand and you will win free tournaments
Absolutely on point. Don't get baited by those allin donks if you see some lucky runs and simply play your game

J

James2023

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Have some money set aside for the add on period or else your going to have set expectation of how many chips you'll need to acquire before the add on period just to break even with the others after they made their add on. Take risk dont play super tight because the blinds build up. If you have something good raise really high or go all in because people will call you with rag hands but regardless they might call anyway so make them pay.