Are free rolls worth it

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think it’s worth playing freerolls just like a normal tournament or do you just jam every hand
I have found that freerolls are a fairly easy way to build a small bankroll as well as getting practise at various strategies, however keep in mind that constant All Ins are a reality and don't get involved unless you have the nuts.

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I think they're good for playing and learning. But it's usually very difficult to qualify and enter the bubble.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
CardsChat and RaketheRake freerolls worth it for sure. I never skip them!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think it’s worth playing freerolls just like a normal tournament or do you just jam every hand
For me, freerolls are tournaments thanks to which my bankroll grows. So I play disciplined, with strong cards and virtually never play with junk.

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I also try to take these freerolls seriously. Especially that most of the players jam in the first few rounds, I usually wait patiently (while I can).
Even in the hyper freerolls you can still wait a few hands for some monster to hit and let the all-iners just fall out quickly.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Freeroll is always a win-win option! :)
And it's up to you how to play it.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Jamming every hand does not teach you anything but Impatience, I value every freeroll I play as a great opportunity to learn something more a bout the players and the game in general.
I value every game as a learning opportunity.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes they are absolutely worth it playing since you are not risking any money to play them and you can win money so its always +ev. and you shouldnt shove with any hand, just play them like any other tournament.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
They are clearly worth playing, there are countless freerolls every day.
You have to be careful that even if you win, don't scatter the money right away, but try to keep it and collect more little by little.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardchat freerolls yes, the rest do not bother, they are just a lottery as no one takes them seriously in my opinion. AVOID 888 totally, 1 minute blinds freerolls, say no more.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have changed my mind about cardchat freerolls. Playing the 888 bronze for the first time in ages. people just shoving 200bb with rubbish. Freerolls are nonsense. Your learn zilch playing any of them

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
An uncondtional freeroll isn't gambling; it's getting something from free, maybe, and if you like the entertainment, it's getting something for free period.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is worth tight up early is freeroll have 100s of player and play the top 10% of hands very aggressively. The freeroll has cleared most of 'allin' players then go back to your normal strategy. I would agree that Cardchat Silver and Platinum freeroll MTTs should be close to normal buy-in MTT play.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a freeroll with 8 or 10min blinds levels, I play like a normal tournament. But there are freerolls that are turbo or even super turbo (specially on 888poker) and on these type of tournaments after 20-30 minutes, it's basically all in or fold.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Of course, it's worth participating in

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play poker (freerolls and paid) because I enjoy playing the game. I could play with play chips or freerolls and still end up with nothing….but at least with freerolls there the chance to win $$$

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Yes, I play it like a normal tournament. If you're lucky and get a monster hand early on, there are a lot of chips up for grabs. I try to avoid all-in situations at the start and try to see flops with good hands as cheaply as possible. Kind of a nitty style but it works in tournaments quite well. The deeper you go in the freeroll the more it starts to feel like a normal tournament.

from254

from254

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KE
Chips
my short answer would be yes...its a place where i learn and there are rewards if i played well plus lucky.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like to play freerolls and freebuys - it's an opportunity to win a satellite ticket or money, but of course the number of participants in relation to the prize pool matters. :)
Mostly I play them as normal tournaments.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.
For me the freeroll is almost the regular tournament with real buy in. And so i prefer just carefully game during freerolls.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play free rolls just I would if I had to pay to play. I enjoy the practice and the challenge with no risk. Sometimes there are maniacs who jam every hand, but that can happen in real money games, too. Being in the US, I have limited options for real money games, but I also worry about cheating in those games. At least in free rolls, if there are cheaters, it isn't costing me any money and I still get to practice playing and concentrating for longer periods of time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play every free-roll like I would any Tournament, usually you get the all-in idiots at the start of the game, but later on it starts to get more serious as you approach the Bubble, and making the Final table is always a great feeling of achievement.
Free-rolls are a great way to practice your Poker skills, without the cost of normal Tournaments, especially if you are new to the game, and you don't find any Professional Players in them unless they are really hard up.
Whatever you are looking for in Poker, the free-rolls have it all, the only real difference is you haven't had to pay for it.
Free! Fruit always taste better.:)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I think you have to figure out what your time is worth and go from there, since that's essentially all you are risking.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, i think you should be play using strategies like tournaments, to improve your skills.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will get out of freerolls....what you put into them.

If you are randomly shoving or limping to every player you see sitting out - then freerolls will not help you.

If you take them seriously and use them to work on your game - then you will improve.