kamel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Depends on freeroll :
-what is the prize (tournament entries from 1 ticket to sunday million or 50 entries to next level)
-structure ; on pokerstars rebuy freeroll with hyper turbo and starting with 1000 chips, even when you have good start hand 5 other goes all in and a guy wit 72 or 79 gets 3 off a kind or straight and you can see that there is no point for playing it normal, because the normal game starts after add on worth 50000k chips.
-and there are freerolls like cardshat on GG poker where for ex. you have 300 people blinds increase every 8 min and you can enjoy normaln poker.

J

Jdub79

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
They are worth playing. Some are a waste of time especially those where you must place in 3 tournaments before finally making it to the target tournament after 6 or 7 hours of play. By then your tired of it. Tournaments where you make the top 4 for a decent ticket $109,$55 or Sunday millions and can play that ticket when you feel like are worth it. They usually only take 3 hours to complete as the blinds change every minute

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you dont care enough about the price money, or about getting practice, to play a somewhat normal game, then why bother in the first place? Just because a freeroll is there, does not mean, you have to register for it. But of course you can make SOME adjustments. If I occationally play a freeroll, which dont happen very often, then this is not the time, I sit and make nitty folds until maybe the final table or something. Until then if a spot is at all close, then I happily take it. If that cause me to bust, thats never something, I worry or tilt about, since it did not cost me anything but my time to play ;)

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course freerol are very useful specially when you want to improve your game, for example players here in CardsChat are serious and it can give you a good sense of What actually happens in money tournaments!

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Jam the first minutes and if you have a lot of chips then play normal. Else you are out

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it worth playing free rolls? It really depends on each person. You won’t get rich playing them but you can play them for free money to start a bankroll. You also get to practice for free with a prize as a possible reward win win I. My opinion.

Now let’s be honest we’re lucky we have them. poker sites are there to make profit not have free games. They are their for beginners not for people to make a good money.

Also remember this, one pro went from nothing to I believe 10k to prove what can happen from these game.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In Hyper-turbo freerolls i'm jamming every hand in early stages, but CC freerolls are worth playing caustiously.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think it’s worth playing freerolls just like a normal tournament or do you just jam every hand
I play freerolls pretty much the same way I play a buy-in tournaments. I don't understand players who play all hands in a row, but how to play is a personal choice of everyone.

bermejoga

bermejoga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Great way to build a bankroll!

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When starting out and learning the game as a newcomer I often played mainly free rolls. This enabled me to build a decent bank roll to move up and also experiment with different strategies and plays. Trying new moves for free was obviously helpful and cost effective while not having to risk my own money yet still learn and have the possibility of winning real money. I have since moved up from most free rolls and usually play low stakes and the CardsChat free rolls only. I enjoy the CardsChat community and the games have treated me well. Made some nice poker friends and few dollars as well. Very appreciative of that fact. As I continue to learn I often will try out new techniques to this day. Thanks cardschat for an awesome experience.

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls with 10 minutes bb i play normal like good mtt but turbo and hyper turbo lets go allin master :D

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time is the investment in Freerolls. If you have ample time, then try building a bankroll playing freerolls.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take every tournament seriously. Even playing for game money in the Replay Poker Room. Your style and strategy of the game will be transferred to any tournaments, regardless of their ultimate goal and importance for you.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hello, depending on what freerolls and what prizes! If there are tournaments where several thousand people play and relatively small prize money, then my strategy is to go all-in with a more or less good card and double up.

If we talk about tournaments from cardschat, then a relatively small number of people play here and good prizes in comparison with other freerolls, and I play more carefully and thoughtfully :)

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If your mission is to create a good bankroll, CC freerolls are the best option and every hand counts.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
freerolls are different, it already depends on what interval of time between the growth of rates, what kind of players sit at your table, well, the stage of the tournament

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course, free tournaments are the same tournaments as everyone else play there just like in a regular tournament, you just sometimes need to practice there and try different things for this, many players do it

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That depends on what type of freeroll it is. Sat's frerolls are very much like that, everyone jamming like crazy. Progressively people start to tight it up I think. I like to play regular freerolls, and if you able to get in the bubble frequentily, sure it will worth some money.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on if you have something else you want spend your time on, here you can get money for free, watching Netflix you have to pay for entertaiment.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon. Yes they are , especially if you are a beginner and want to increase your bankroll.Happily,as a Platinum member ,I can play CC freerolls everyday.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Playing CC Freerolls are much better than regular freerolls. There's definitely a better quality player & it's an exclusive club that not everyone can enter.

I've learned alot & continue to with CC Freerolls

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play freerolls like a proper tournament. That said, I don't play in anything under $200 because it's not worth it in GBP between X thousand people.