Folding small pairs to Preflop All In, in SnGs?

JohnCPoker17

JohnCPoker17

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's say you hold 66. If you think your opponents range includes a 6,5,4,3 or 2, then you may be able to allin for +EV. If not you're flipping at best, and most often succumbing to a -EV decision.

M

madlukelcm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In sit n go's I tend to keep my stack in mind when making this kind of decision. I will usually risk my chips in this scenario heads up and rarely against 2 all in players. If I'm in a good position already I will pretty much never make the call against 2 all in players it doesn't seem like a good play long term.

R

RandyMarsh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to take at best 50% equity with the blinds that small imo. depends on the game and the level

J

johnsonrod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually fold unless you have a really good read on the opponent. Have you seen him go all in pre with shite before? without more info it's hard to tell.

D

dominykas88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
u must try to fell the opponent who raises too much and see what he is playing at start and his style lase game i mean when flop turns and so on

L

Lewa12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're often in a situation where on the table open 3 pairs? It is necessary to play. focusing on the stack.

S

subdylzep

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly i doubt you are folding them too often. If you dont win a huge hand once or twice while 2 players are all in its ok, More often than not you are not trying to put yourself ina race situation in a SNG, and thats exactly what a small PP is going to get you into. You are going to be racing so i strongly suggest that you only call with a small to mid range PP if you have a strong read on players sharing cards (ie AK, AQ or AJ AK or so on). This is hard to get a read on players like that on SNGs and i have recently stopped playing small PPs so much on large MTTs which has greatly helped my game. Racing isnt always the way you want to play, there are plenty of ways to gain chips in a tournament, stealing and playing weaker players in isolation and so forth. So the only time you are going to want to play the small PPs to all ins is when youa re short stacked and you are honestly looking for a race. This is what weaker players and more new players will do , they look for races because its an easier way for them to win rather than strategically look at the hand becasue they will more than likely get outplayed. So just because you have thrown away some small to mid PPs in some SNGs that may have won, Id say stick to that strategy it should help you in the long run. Unless you have a dead read that the 2 players are all in and sharing cards or another short stack might be pushing with a small PP stay away from calling with these small to mid PPs. Good luck.

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i would fold Small pairs in sng's if there is a shove in front of me as generally the best you can hope is flipping. Always best to be the aggressor rather than the caller

ViresIntus

ViresIntus

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be careful, at lower levels you can expect new players to pull that more often, shoving in with any premium hands. However, at higher levels, no one just shoves any premium hands.
A good way of looking at it, as described by Phil Hellmuth, 88 and higher pairs are good to shove, anything lower is a bust.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold.

The only scenario I believe you stay is when a maniac shove and its only you to act with your pair.

debriz

debriz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Much better you first All in, so you won't regret at all. That's poker sometimes, no guts no glory!

E

Evgeniy_K

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1)What your position?
2)How many BB u stack?
3)What stackes your opps?
=====
After 2 All-in's u need odds to call this.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
never play with small pairs in preflop. Allways see the first 3 cards

S

soldinger88

Rising Star