Folding CowBoys KK on the bubble?

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the bubble? This is the point in a tournament where the next player out does not take any winnings. The remaining players will take something away from the table. Example: The tournament you are in states that the top 25 players will win money and there are 26 players left.
That said, I personally would fold ( for I've been burnt many times with KK and AA), ., and wait for #26 to be eliminated--Now I know--I'm in the money, and hope those KK's come back.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe

I may fold KK on the bubble if I really need to cash in the tournament.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip leaders range is pretty wide here, but as stated above it really depends on the player and the game. Has the player been bullying the table? is he perceived as TAG or LAG or any other acronym? Is the game live and do I have a solid read on the player or online.

Can I find a fold? Probably, but it would be rare and depend on a number of factors not all of which I have mentioned but are mentioned in previous comments.

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not that good to fold on the with kk I just got to call and hope I double up.

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say you should call/raise with TT and above if you want to continue towards the final table.

Otherwise, fold if you are looking for a min-cash to mid-cash payout.

The fold strategy is best if you're trying to build a bankroll. Ten certain min to mid-cashs are better than one possible late-cash.

If you're playing to maximise your payout per hour and are good enough to do it, then call/raise would be the better strategy.

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the end of the day, it all depends on what's your value in this spot particularly.

For instance, if its a bubble of an expensive tournament (expensive for you) i.e. if getting in the money is a considerable boost to your bankroll, then folding KK is okay. It doesn't matter how far ahead KK is of the opponent's shoving range - he is not risking elimination, but you are.

On the other hand, if its just one of your routine tournaments, part of your daily grind, and you aim at getting to the Final Table, rather than min cash, then folding KK in this spot is a no-no!

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call 100% every time even in the largest tourney of my life.

V

volkzord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you on the bubble of a tournament, you averaged stacked and the chip leader shoves on your pocket KK’s. Would you fold?[emoji848]

It's a dream/nightmare scenario. In my opnion, its a profitable call on a long term.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
On the bubble, with KK I would fold a danger to say goodbye to the game, because if I was an average stack I would have more possibilities to go higher in the money.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely yes it would double, of course evaluating how close we are to the awards and how much they are worth:):D:cool: lol

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will call. Rather if I go all in with KKs if I don't want action. But no folding.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would call the bet, depending on the day, maybe I would fold

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you on the bubble of a tournament, you averaged stacked and the chip leader shoves on your pocket KK’s. Would you fold?[emoji848]
It would depend on what he had done immediately preceding. If he was shoving every other hand I would call in a heartbeat and expect to double up. It would be just my luck to run into him with AA and that has happened to me before, lol.

Jim
:D:D:D

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard hand to fold but it is not impossible to be fold. After all what it matters is the skills, cards are not really that important.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends, if it's a huge buy-in and the cash is to good i might fold there,

but lets say he's first and goes all-in and i have KK how many times does he have AA or AX there? not a lot so i would fold

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very difficult and controversial moment, everyone has their own theory, but I probably would not have had the strength to fold KK in this situation, this is a good chance to raise the stack and take the lead, and if you lose, it's better with a hand like KK:)

Folding in Poker