fold AK ?

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
even if i lose, dont fold with KK or AA, maybe AK sometimes i wait.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the exception of satellite bubbles or FT ICM spots, I am never folding AK, KK preflop.

That is pretty much the same with AK, except I might fold if stacks are super deep. Otherwise, I’m perfectly fine getting AK in pre with 1-50 BBs.

Obviously, post flop decisions are different.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If starting for AK
I will of course raise
but 3 or 4 people re-re-re-raise then Im pretty sure i will fold because I have only AK plus preflop. I don't know about flop/turn and river. So believe me I will fold.

M

matiorzi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I imagine folding AK, and I've done this, but I've never folded KK, I mean I can see myself doing that but only in very specific situation.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is very foldable, all depends on the circumstances surrounding the hand...

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you threw AK and KK preflop in a tournament with knockouts, then this certainly deserves praise because it is not very easy to do, especially at low limits! but if you fold these cards on the flop or turn / river, then this does not deserve attention

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t like to do that fold KK or AK, and sometimes I can`t but, nowadays I have to fold if I want to keep longer in tourney and stability.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing complicated. All on the situation. Sometimes you have to reset AA.

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
90% of the time I go all-in preflop with these cards. We have two options here: to the prom or to the hospital :D:D:D

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many players go with this hand until the end, sometimes on the river an ACE comes, but most still you can lose a lot of chips if you have nothing, you should be able to throw these hands that's the difference between a good player from the usual

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am an A,K extremest, either aggressive or fold. I like how you won, picking your spots.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really relate to the feedback of those who fold AK out of position in Tournis specially when early.. unless you are playing 5 MTTs simultaneous anyway and risking all chips in 1 MTT life to double or triple up, or lose and play the rest of the MTTs you joined.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are mathematical sequences, like having many AK and once it wins and the next loses! Other times it is different, like the 101010101010 of the computers!

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have started folding AK on a few occasions when I never wanted to before. But it cost me too many times now, so I am more cautious with it.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folding AK is not the way I go , call the bets in order to see the flop. Usually AK is the hand I mostly win with GL yahall

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fold AK is pretty easy post flop but can be hard preflop. If there is more than one person all in pre flop, I may fold depending on opponents history, their stack//vs my stack, my position in the tourney, how close I am to cashing etc. It's a risk vs. reward decision for sure. Post flop, it's pretty easy to know when you're beat or ahead with AK. If the flop comes out dry, you throw out a c-bet out of position, opponent will either fold, call or raise. Folding, well it's obvious, calling can be suspicious if there is paint on the board or a draw of some sort, and raising, well, they have it. A lot of times if a draw misses, I'll throw out another bet on the turn and I'll usually get a fold. If someone jams and I have top pair, that'll be a hard one but they might just have a lower pair but could have hit trips. I'll only call in that situation if I can afford it.

KK is difficult pre, but not so much if one or more people are in the pot and bet with an ace on the board. A c bet in position after a check or if they bet on the flop usually indicates that they hit their ace... usually. I think it's close to 25% of the time that an ace hits, someone has it

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK can for sure be folded, especially in icm situations, KK if its a low buy in tournament im not folding, and I'll live with the results. If its for real deal big boy money, then I think about folding KK.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Estas manos no son invencibles, es posible plegarlas, lo difícil es hacerlo debido a las buenas posibilidades que ofrece, aunque casi siempre la posibilidad real de ganar depende de cómo juegues.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have also folded AK especially if trying to trying to make a final table in a tournament.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ppl seem to have a hard on for AK even the pros. depending on the bet size it's not hard to fold i would never call for all my chips unless 10 bb
I am with you here, but I might event wait a bit longer. I don't like pushing with AK only to bust to pairs. I try to see the flop before getting in my chips. That is unless I am in a freeroll, then prolly all in first hand...lol.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding AK is not the way I go , call the bets in order to see the flop. Usually AK is the hand I mostly win with GL yahall

I was thinking he wasn't folding AK pre-flop. Only postflop after seeing a bad flop.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard but ive folded AK and KK, but I ended up winning the tourney. just seems like the beeter u fold, the more u win.

Actually my friend has more situations in the beginning is easy these large hands many depends on how many people are involved in the action Good luck.

danelyCS

danelyCS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard but ive folded AK and KK, but I ended up winning the tourney. just seems like the beeter u fold, the more u win.

Yes of course i folded AK, AK's, KK, QQ and I've even folded AA!

Sometimes there are situations in which it is necessary to forget the strength of the initial hand and think more about "Staging the Prize Winners!", And also for example it may be that near the bubble there are players with many chips that take advantage of this Situation and rise disproportionately with any hand to sign the players who want to enter the prizes, and often these win with pretty bad initial hands, so that a person fold strong initial hands is, in my opinion a very good decision!

On many occasions also, like you, it happened to me that I folded strong hands and ended up coming to the final table and even winning the tournament.

In my opinion the best thing about a tournament is to get as close to number 1, and of course these strong hands are well folded in cases where one is not Chip Leader on the table and there are few players left to enter the winning spots.

ACEWOLF56

ACEWOLF56

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree. The skill of knowing when to fold is just as important as knowing when to shove.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For pre-flop, AK should be easy to fold to an all-in. Most shoves are pairs, which means AK wins < 50%. I almost never fold KK/AA pre-flop. Post-flop, both KK/AA can become foldable on a coordinated board.

Folding in Poker